helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
BrianT

Where are you?

Where are us YOPD people located? We know there are few of us (%). Us YOPD operate differently the our older peers. We think the needs we have are different. Perhaps some regional or growth to YOPD support groups will be the outcome of my question.

btw - Grand Rapids, Michigan (4/29/2011).

60, diagnosed at 57, first symptoms age 26ish. Seattle, WA where I facilitate a YOPD support group. Two newcomers to next week's meeting are a nurse and a neuropsychologist.

52, dx April 2013.  My first symptoms was no arm swing when I was 49.  I'm from Aldie Virginia starting this coming Saturday.

Dave

Sarajo, when I was forcibly retired due to PD, I took my lifelong dream trip up the California and Oregon coasts to my home state of Washington. We stayed at an RV park in Pismo Beach and had nectarine pie. We walked our Yorkie Beau on the beach. It was his first view of the Pacific Ocean. I don't guess Bugs Bunny ever made it there, although, like him, we went through Albuquerque! Forgive me if it doesn't make sense.

not young, now 64, diagnosed at 63 this spring...... BUT,  had left hand tremor at 40, both hands by 45, and everything growing from then until lost my job august 2012.  my parents died young, so don't know if i would be the first diagnosed or not.  i lived in san francisco 45 years, but after losing my job, moved two hours north ( heard of rents in S.F. ?   worse than you have read ) to a little hill on the russian river called monte rio.

42 now, diagnosed in 1/2006 at 34 with first symptoms at 32 (right thumb tremor).  I live in San Diego, CA.  I am the only one in my family with PD.

53 now, dx at 34, Had motor symptoms at 31. no family history. Resting tremor in my legs.

I am a native Vermonter, still reside in hometown and work for school district I attended.

48, diagnosed at 47. Architect/HR director in Milwaukee, WI. Grateful to have mild enough symptoms that I continue to work at relatively full strength. Exercise is my best medicine.

Hi newbob! Nice to hear from you! jb was asking after you in the Good Morning forum, but of course I can't remember whether or not you've already responded there!

Prospector, I have a brother in Radcliffe, KY who works for Keyboard Carriage in Elizabethtown. His step-kids are all huge college basketball fans. One stepson and his wife and daughter actually live in Louisville. I can't remember, of course, who they root for.

Did we ever get dressed in 30 seconds? I can't recall how to be that fast any longer!

• Like 1