helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
GreenT

Suggestions for docs with YOPD experience in NY/NJ

Hi

I've been having some symptoms of PD like tremors, stiffness and pain, in turning of feet etc for about 2 yrs. I am 37 and have seen couple of doctors who think it is dystonia and are waiting to start medication. My dad has PD and was diagnosed at 56 years of age. Since so many of you did get diagnosed with early-onset PD, can someone suggest a doc who is aware of this existence and open to evaluating my symptoms without the age bias?

Thanks and have a great day!

You need to go to a Movement Disorder Neurologist.  Mine was able to dx me with YOPD in a fairly short time.  I had the same symptoms you are describing.  Has one of your arms stopped swinging properly as well?   Sorry I can not suggest a doc as I do not live in your area.

I see my doctor via telemedicine and I live in central ny. He is doing a study and I think they are recruiting. Let me know if you r interested and I will pass contact info along.

Hi Sherryknuth and Noah, thanks for your suggestions.

Noah, yes, I am interested in checking out your doctor. Would appreciate if you could provide the contact details. Thank you.