helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
New normal

Lurkers? Past posters? Where are you??

316 posts in this topic

J, I like poems I can understand.  I don't have a poet's mind.  Not my gift.  And that's fine with me.

And there are millions who say the same, Linda.  We live in an age of prose, not poetry; I'm in a minority and know it. 

1 person likes this

I remember a long, long time ago (...in a far-away land)....no! :-)  I do remember from a long time ago in Maryland, however, when working at a summer camp that we on the staff loved writing poetry.  And every now and then I pick up a pen and write a line or two.  But just the down-home kind of poems.  :-)

My dad loved quoting the last two lines of a Sam Walter Foss poem:  

Let me live in a house by the side of the road

And be a friend to man.

And he really was a friend to all.  He would be out washing his car or working in the yard, and people would always come and talk with him...little kids as well as the career crowd and oldsters.  Here where I'm living (in a continuing care community) there are four of us from "the old neighborhood" who only recently in the past year met up again after many years.  They all spoke of him fondly and as a friend to everyone.

Edited by Linda Garren
1 person likes this

Linda & J -  This is why you two are still alert and going strong.  You have a passion for something and it keeps your mind active.  Good for you!

Miracle, thank you for saying that, but I have to tell you that I'm sitting here with my morning coffee (strong), shaking my head to try to wake up and get my brain going, and taking a long time to remember how to do each thing (like navigating around in the Forum)l.  Your encouragement is very welcome.  :-)

My cognitive difficulties advance:  Mornings after a fitful rest of from 4 - 5 hours (hardly sleep) I discover that I have to rebuild my immediate short term memory like day of the week, time of appointments,  visitors coming throughout the ensuing days.  Scary...but my longer term memory seems pretty much intact.  Surprised to observe Linda's departure - though this board does much better, I belatedly discover when folks keep their religious beliefs to themselves and knock off the proselytizing. Uncivil political ranting and ideologues (sp?) of all stripes also drive off those here for PD info purposes.

Edited by Rogerstar1
1 person likes this

Roger,

You are kinda like the old uncle at the family reunion...we all can predict your philosophy.....goood for you, Roger...I would miss you if you changed...just keep on keepin on...you kinda need to keep up that ideology...smile...I really do mean this...no sarcasm...ya just gotta be you...and that is ok. Wish you a happy President's day...there is gotta be one of them you agree with......smile...

Keep swimmin Roger...that darn water keeps geting harder to swim up stream .......

Good luck to,you.

NN

I am not so sure Linda "departed" she may just be taking a break, we all need that every once in awhile.

I admire her for starting a thread to discuss an off topic subject that she wants to share, she welcomes like minded people, noone is forced to read it.

Linda is a very smart woman with a lot of sophistication,  with a very kind and accepting heart.  She holds tight to her beliefs but does not cram anything down other's throats, she respects all of us and she deserves our respect.

6 people like this

I am not so sure Linda "departed" she may just be taking a break, we all need that every once in awhile.

I admire her for starting a thread to discuss an off topic subject that she wants to share, she welcomes like minded people, noone is forced to read it.

Linda is a very smart woman with a lot of sophistication, with a very kind and accepting heart. She holds tight to her beliefs but does not cram anything down other's throats, she respects all of us and she deserves our respect.

Well said.

I miss Linda as well. If she is following, I want her to remember the Lord knows her by name.

NN

Edited by New normal

Linda has had computer problems in the past.  I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is keeping her off the forum at the moment.  At least, I hope that is the case and not anything health related.

2 people like this

On 2/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, ellaangel2 said:

Linda is a very smart woman with a lot of sophistication,  with a very kind and accepting heart.  She holds tight to her beliefs but does not cram anything down other's throats, she respects all of us and she deserves our respect.

Ellaangel, I'm not sure I can own these things, but I can tell you that your care in writing them touches me deeply.  Thank you.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Rogerstar1 said:
  • No comment.

That statement would only make sense if someone asked for your opinion right? 

Looks like BIg Brother is watching very closely now.  :o

4 people like this

While we  all reserve the privilege of discussion, I hope this thread continues to be devoted to the many PWP who hesitate to post or are past posters. The thread gives opportunities for people to reconnect.

We are happy Linda has returned and look forward to her participation..No longer a "lurker", thankfully.

1 hour ago, New normal said:

While we  all reserve the privilege of discussion, I hope this thread continues to be devoted to the many PWP who hesitate to post or are past posters. The thread gives opportunities for people to reconnect.

We are happy Linda has returned and look forward to her participation..No longer a "lurker", thankfully.

Hi, NN.  Actually, I was not a lurker while gone recently.  My laptop died. :-)   It's nice to be back and connected again.

2 people like this

On 2/21/2017 at 0:03 AM, New normal said:

Well said.

I miss Linda as well. If she is following, I want her to remember the Lord knows her by name.

NN

Thank you, NN.