helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Rodriguez

La Vitamina D y el balance

12 posts in this topic

Amigos

Un estudo reciente investigo el rol que tiene la vitamina D en los problemas de balance de pacientes con PD. 

El mismo encontro que pacientes con bajos niveles de Vitamina D presentaban mas probelmas de balance que aquellos  con niveles normales. 

Es importante entonces seguir este tipo de informacion y asegurarnos que pacientes se suplan debidamente de esta vitamina. 

Hi do u speak English?

I haven't been diagnosed with PD but have a feeling of unsteadiness and twitches on my body.. I did have low vitamin d.. Can that be causing my problems?... I've been taking the vitamin d but for the most part symptoms continue.. How long will vitamin d take to work?

Tge article I discussed addresses the issue of balance in PD. However, you mention that you have some twitches, and that raises a concern for a neuromuscular probelm or something afecting the neuromuscular junction. The possibilities go from simple vitamin/mineral deficiencies to conditions like cortocobasal degeneration, ALS, etc. 

I truly can't give more information in this forum as a full evaluation is needed, but I suggest you see a neurologist locally to evaluate your symptoms. 

Thanks for the reply.. I'm seeing a nerologist and doctor.. They both don't know what's causing the twitches.. I've had a MRI and every other test.. All labs normal except the vitamin d... I have no true weakness or atrophy so I don't think it's ALS.. Reason I'm concerned that it's pd is because my twitches only happen at rest...

Does this sound like pd to u?

Not neccesarily, but I suggest you see a second opinion. Sometimes these diagnoses can be very difficult. I suggest finding the closest academic center and be evaluated. 

Academic center like a college?

I live in a small city with a university.

Do Academic centers take insurance, like medi-cal?

Yes, usually academic centers take Medicare. 

The local College or health science center might have a neurologist that can peform further assessments. 

I agree, they are working on building their program at this point but I might think they already have a neurologist. The second option is San Francisco, the Parkinson center.  

Munchas gracias... I speak and can read Spanish.. Have trouble writing and explaining myself in Spanish.. I'm Mexican by the way... Thanks again, I'll keep u updated.