helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
graflexmaster

DBS Update

232 posts in this topic

Hi Michael,

I think Citabriapilot had a little tremor when he wished you "Good Puck." So, I'll lend him a hand and also wish you

G   _ _.
O   _ _ _
O   _ _ _
D   _..
L   ._ ..
U   .._
C   _._.
K   _._
M   _ _
I   ..
K   _._
E   .

Fred

Mrfritz like I said the computer kept editing it. I had to redo it 5 times.  Bound to make a mistake, besides if you've ever read Mid-summer's night dream, Ab normal reminds me of puck so maybe it was just Freudian slip or maybe I'm just so erudite that I did it as a play on words on purpose. Yeah that sounds about right and doesn't make me look like an idiot. I'll take that excuse.

Well it sure looks like December is going to quite busy..........According to my Dr.'s, here's my schedule as of now:

Today:

Pre-op MRI

Dec 2

Hosp. Pre-op appointment

Dec 3

PCP appointment

Chiropractor Appointment

Dec 4

DBS Surgery

Dec 17

DBS Battery/Stimulator implant

Dec 22

MDS appointment for first DBS programming

Dec 30

Follow up DBS surgery appointment with surgeon

Of course the above does not include the holidays........lol

busy huh?

So you will start the New Year as a New Man!!  :-)

well, the clock runs down........ tis now 67hrs 6 minutes till H-time.....................

Edited by AB-Normal

Well the week begins. Seems I will be seeing Dr.'s and Nurses every day this week. Starting with my PCP, and ending with the ICU....

well, the cock runs down........ tis now 67hrs 6 minutes till H-time.....................

Hmmmm, I remember you razzing Gautam about Irish coffee....funny how,little,typos change the meaning so rapidly....so, AB Normal, to quote your words to Gautam, " Did you REALLY mean to say that????" Hahahahaha

1 person likes this

thanks kemq...............

NN? ok, you caught my type...lol........ but think about it... a little blue pill would sure fix the problem..... [GRIN]

Today, I have my "Pre Admit" appointment at the hospital.........

The CLOCK continues to run down as it's now only 43hrs 20min till I have to report in to the hosp. for surgery........

Hi MIchael. I don't post much but lurk a lot! Love your posts and have been following your DBS adventure. Good thoughts and best wishes to you. All will go well.

Hi Michael,

I wish you all the best that a person can get!  A VERY exciting new adventure for you.  Can't begin to know how you feel.  I imagine it's a mixture of many emotions.

Today, I have my "Pre Admit" appointment at the hospital.........

The CLOCK continues to run down as it's now only 43hrs 20min till I have to report in to the hosp. for surgery........

Mike, you are so funny.  You really have drawn us into this experience you are going through!

Ok, here's what I looked like for a long time, with a head full of hair..........

15749016920_c983ddbfd9.jpg  

and here's what I look like now all ready to get drilled.........

15749012760_67262327af_n.jpg

So what do you think? with? or without hair? what looks better? LOL I guess it doesn't matter, they're gonna drill me anyway............ and install the "probes", so I can contact the "Mother Ship"......... BWAAAAHAAAAHAAA

Giggle....... do I sound crazy yet?????   lol

BTW? I haven't been this bald? since Dec. 1959......... when I was the newest model in the crib.......

Edited by AB-Normal
3 people like this

oh, almost forgot my timer.............

27hrs, 38minutes till I must report in for my drilling................

For everyone that's following me on this crazy journey. Here's some flowers for you from my personal portfolio of work.........

[url=https://flic.kr/p/7DUnzv]4367069371_c7b2b9c333.jpg

Taken with a 4X5 Graphic, on 4X5inch Ektachrome 100, 1/200sec at f/5.6

Edited by AB-Normal
1 person likes this

Michael, my cousin in my new Normal family, I'm sending all of my best and wishing on all of the stars for you!!!

PS - I personally like the shiny dome better. And, hey, it will reflect light the best =)

Mike,

Onward & upward they say!!!! :roll:

Look forward to hearing from you following the BIG DIG....

Michael,

I have been following your story.. I guess I am a "lurker" as well, but for good reason :) the flowers you posted are beautiful and so is your bald head.. You look good without the hair. Your posts are amazing and I truly wish you the best of luck!

I can't believe that I'm seriously thinking about keeping the bald look after surgery........  I love how easy it is to take care of..........

almost forgot...lol

14hrs, 48 minutes to go.....................

Edited by AB-Normal

Michael, you have a very big fan club with lots of us pulling for you.

Will be praying that all goes well (like I'm sure it will).

Well it's T minus 12hrs 10min till H time...........

As things get closer I pause and wonder. I'm scared, I'm excited. I'm apprehensive, I'm anxious....... So many different emotions running through me. I look towards the positive aspects, yet the side effects weigh heavy on my mind..........

Everyone accentuates the benefits, and yes the benefits are well known. What weighs heavy are the negative aspects...... The possible gait and balance issues..... the possible speech problems....... and lets not forget the non-motor symptoms that tend to not be helped by DBS.....

Like I said..... so many things running through my mind, mixed with more emotions than I can label........

You'll never really know just how much I've needed, and appreciated everyone's support and caring within our family here. As tomorrow gets closer, I'll post before I go into surgery, then turn things over to Suzanne to post any updates until I'm able to take over on my own. I hope to be able to keep everyone somewhat up to date as tomorrow unfolds...............

Wish me luck and a safe day..........................................

Edited by AB-Normal
3 people like this

Michael,

Finally got my computer back and wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts.  I hope all goes well tomorrow (I know it will) and you start feeling so much better.  We have all been following your posts and have enjoyed reading about your journey.  As I start my day tomorrow in the OR, you will be on my mind.  I wish you the best of luck. We are all here for you.

Cindy