helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
graflexmaster

DBS Update

232 posts in this topic

Mike, I've been praying for you, as I'm certain many others have been.  Put your hand in God's and try to trust Him for the outcome.  He loves you.

For my "last meal" tonight? I've chosen Papa Murphy's Pizza........... the combo........ I figure it's a well rounded meal..........

Dear AB, when you are in the OR tomorrow just close your eyes and feel each of our hands holding you. We will be with you. Many prayers to you/

I don't think Rocki is talking about your imaginary friends..better leave THEM at home...:)...

Tick tock tick tock...thinking of you...hope you are sleeping... :)

When they drill the burr holes, I wonder if the Dr. will drill them free hand, or use a drill press............. hummmm maybe a craftsman? Well, either way, I hope he uses drill stops, so he doesn't go too deep......yikes

T-minus 7hrs 39min and counting....................

Edited by AB-Normal

Well folks, it's seven hours until I have to be at the hospital, and six hours till I have to get up.... So for now, I'm off to bed.... because tomorrow? I'll be off to see the wizard... I hear he specializes in drill and fill.

Edited by AB-Normal

Hey Michael...

Just wanted to remind you that the clock is ticking......(joke)

I just checked my emails, and Teresa sent a message that she cannot get in the forum...and wanted you to know she is thinking about you...sending spoons and good vibes ...

She is sorry she couldn't contact you before you left for surgery.....

We are all locked arm and arm..."we arrrrre OFF to see the Wizard....."

I guess our little "newbie group" that joined the forum together nearly two years ago are not little newbies anymore....we all are doing the real thing now.....

I have razzed u ..you...enough....sending prayers to ya guy....and it is ok if you come home "normal" without the "AB" ....you can still be part of the "normal " family....:)

Sweet dreams, buddy.

I work in the OR in the anesthesia department to be exact.  So when I am there bright and early at 0445 and starting up the anesthesia machines and checking them out for the day, you will definitely be on my mind.  I am leaving in a few minutes to go but want you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers all day.  Good Luck Michael.  I have not been a member of this forum for long but you are all very special friends.

Sending you all my spoons today and everyday for as long as you need them.

Thanks all.......... Well it's 5AM and I need to be at the hosp by 5:30 am.......thus, I'm off to see the wizard..............

the car is running it's early morn, the hosp is waiting, to drill my head................................................

ok, I'm here. All dressed in my gown. They made me put on a pair of compression hose that go all the way up my thighs........

ok Folks. The Dr was in, the gas passer just left, and it's just about showtime. So as of now I'm turning things over to Suzanne....... she'll add updates as needed until I'm able to return........... Wish me well.... and I'll see everyone on the other side.........HUGS

1 person likes this

Micheal, hope all is going well. Just found this topic and you're details are such a great resource for all of us. My docs are starting to talk with me about this option, and I'm looking forward to following your progress like so many others here. All the best, and get some rest.

Cheers for you!!!! The clock ticks slower on this end...thanks for checking in....hang in there....sleep is good!! We are glad you can rest now. :)

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-DBS.htm

This is a very graphic explanation of the DBS procedure including surgery video. Watch if you choose.

Still thinking of you, Michael.....I can relate to what you are experiencing once I saw this video ....you are a warrior, no doubt, but you will be just fine in time for the Christmas parties! :) I will save you some clam dip !! :)