helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Linda Garren

A thread for anyone interested in topics of Christian faith--all invited.

1,522 posts in this topic

Linda;

I hope you will reconsider and come back as leader of this forum.

Lewis

Thanks, Lewis.  I'm not sure there is a specific leader to the forum.  I did start it, and I just try to maintain it as best I can, but it's definitely a forum that is shared.  We're just at a stage where we have to figure out what to do--in this situation as well as others that may come up.  With prayer and the Lord's help, I'm seeking the best suggested resolution so we can keep everyone together and mend anything  that needs to be.  Am surely open to others' best suggestions, too.  We're all in it together, and it's very much worth trying to keep.  Let's be sure to "reach across the aisle" to one another, as well as remember we are all doing the best we can, with the Lord's help.  And that really, in the end, is part of everyone's mission here, I believe.  Gosh, if we can't work things out as lovers of the Lord, that's pretty sad, isn't it.  :-)  This is something He would want us to handle as lovingly and as carefully as possible.  It's a learning experience for us all. 

:-)

In Him,

Linda

Edited by Linda Garren

I really appreciate this topic too.  I've been chastised online before for commenting on my beliefs and faith in God.  So you learn to keep certain things to yourself when actually they should be spoken from the rooftop.  Let your light so shine.....

My faith in God and our Savior isn't just something I do, its part of me and how I choose to live.  We are God's hands on earth and you just don't know how your actions will affect someone.  I would rather be a source of comfort and peace than to be a source of contention.  It took me a bit of hard knocks to learn to control my temper when I was young, but its amazing how the gospel can change your heart.  

pppiglet, we're glad you joined us.  And just FYI, the picture of you (and your daughter?) is just precious.  IS that a piglet in the blanket?!?

It is a learning experience for all of us Linda. It takes strong leadership and teaching ability and you provide both.

Lewis

Lewis, you don't know how much I appreciate your saying that. It's a very difficult (and painful) situation.  I want to make sure whatever we decide is what the Lord wants, and I hope we can do our best in however we can reach out to those offended.  I think there is only so much we can do, though.

I'm sure you are praying about it, as we all are.  :-)

wait Linda, why are you leaving this thread? I am so confused, Don't go,,,, you are just as important as the rest of us.... and we all need one another... Please explain to me why you are leaving this thread? I have had a really crappy day and i am a stubborn German woman who is just about had enough of people telling others what to say what to think what to feel and etc.... this is a Christian thread right? well, I need to vent,,, I have had a dr. tell me how much pain i am in and how i should feel whether i am depressed, and that we have to deal with this before we can talk about fixing my lower back even though l4 and l5 are slipping apart while i am laying on my right or left side when going to bed. but i am not depressed i am very upset because they want to tell me how to feel and what i am feeling and so on... the truth is this i am praying for answers and God is providing them and this dr is really starting to rub me the wrong way, so i call my nuero and ask can i please go get a second opinion the receptionist said absolutely i can, and that is exactly what i am going to do tomorrow, i am sick and tired of ppl telling me what to think say feel etc... this Stubborn German Christian woman is fed up.... I love and respect everyone's opinions but if you are going to cut ppl down or try to run them out of a conversation then please don't get this wrong and only apply this where applicable, keep you mouth closed, God allows us the will to believe and to accept him or not and we need to allow others the same respect... so Linda please don't leave this thread for any other reason than you are choosing to... we love you and you have a lot to offer so i one pray that you reconsider. love and prayers to you all, Sarahjo

Sarah, I appreciate your support.  Thank you.  Am working  on trying to find a solution for some problems that have surfaced.

Please let us know how your second opinion went today?  I sure hope you can find an answer.  I hear your deep frustration and have been there and know how unsettling it is.

Hang in there.  I'll pray for your situation right now.

Blessings to you,

Linda

P.S.  Love your description of  yourself as a fed-up stubborn German woman.  Hee-hee!  Like your feisty attitude.  :-) 

Edited by Linda Garren
1 person likes this

Whoa....what happened??? I have been gone a few days..and I come back to read of "an incidence".....I have re read the entire post...and I must be one blind sheep cuz I don't see the makings of "an incidence" at all.

Linda, for gosh sakes, don't leave the thread...you are the one bold enuf to start it....and I really appreciate the thread to be able to speak of my faith...

I did make a post that on this thread, while it is designated as a Christian thread, I don't see that it should be "moderated " I think regardless of years of training and study, Christianity and the interpretation of Christ's word is individual....each person should be able to express their faith...moments where their testimony in Christ has been strengthened...and ask for prayers, forgiveness, and strength....

If any of my words were interpreted as contentious ...please...please .forgive me...no, no, no...let all post their beliefs....no one shd feel they need to defend their interpretation...I enjoy reading Diane's interpretations..Lewis'' interpretations, Sarahjo's interpretations, and your interpretations....from them I form my own...if I am wrong, the Savior Himself will guide me...that is what faith is about....our free agency to live , speak, and do as we believe...Christ has given us a gift ...the Atonement...so if, in a post, we say something that is incorrect....if said with pure intent and within the tenets of love and acceptance, I am certain He will correct us in His own way...

YOWSERS ! Let's keep this thread alive.....and with peace, love, harmony,...a safe discussion among friends with similar values...each post should stand on its own merits....regardless of the "correctness" of how Chrisitanity is meant to be....for after all, we all are progressing...none of us have a perfect knowledge or we would already be ....uhh, can't remember the word...but, heck, we would already be walking with Jesus if we knew it all....

We can use humor here...we can provide memories which may bond us more as friends...we can uplift each other, we can quote scripture when impressed...this is a GREAT thread, Linda, and you were bold enuf to start it....now be bold enuf to let it grow into what it will be....a comfort to many.....

I have lived a lifetime on the basis of what society says is right, and always feeling like I am judged by someone....now, I am believing in myself, and I am accountable....not to my kids....not to my neighbors.....not to people on this site....Only to God and His son Jesus Christ...I do not need to find value from anyone else. If I do not do life correctly, He Himself will be the one to decide. I can only try my best to do my best to live as I have interpreted His word. My personal testimony is unique to me.

BtW, I will pray about yr feet and legs....you need to get some serious opinions on that.....find peace and joy today, Linda, and know we all love you...you are a child of God, He knows you by name, he will not leave your side....

No, my friend, do not go into the shadows...let the brilliant light of your testimony shine...some of us may get a portion...others may bathe in it entirely.... But that is for each individual to decide..

You have a gentle wisdom in your posts...and you have a great sense of humor....it wd be not good for you to not participate here in this delightful forum wherein we find commonality.....

Whew! Hope this is read as intended...we love you...

1 person likes this

Hi, NN.  Appreciate your e-mail.  May I get back to you a little later---by message?  (And I'm glad to hear you feel as you do....)

In Touch Ministries Daily Devotional

Dr. Charles F. Stanley

November 20, 2014

Grace to Keep Going

As believers, we readily attribute our salvation to God’s grace, but what does “this grace in which we stand” mean to us now (Rom. 5:2)? How does it work out in everyday life, especially when we’re going through periods of trial or suffering?

1. The Lord’s grace releases His supernatural power within us so we can endure life’s hardships with a godly attitude. In fact, we’ll even be able to rejoice in what He is doing in us through the adversity.
  2. Grace builds our confidence in the sovereign Lord. Nothing looks hopeless when we focus on Him instead of on our problems.
  3. We discover the assurance of God’s sustaining presence as He walks with us every step of the way.
  4. Because we’ve experienced His care for us, we are able to show empathy and love to others facing hard times.
  5. During fiery trials, grace works to transform our character so that others can see Jesus reflected in us.
Difficulties in life are unavoidable. So we need a daily dose of God’s grace if we are to walk through trials with confidence that there is great reward on the other side. If we rely on our own strength, however, obstacles will appear insurmountable, leaving us discouraged and ready to give up.

Too often believers rely on Christ for their salvation but then try to go solo. If God’s grace was needed to save us, then logic says we would also need it for the rest of our days. Only through a continuous infusion of His sustaining power can we live a victorious Christian life.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.

Edited by Linda Garren

Reference God’s Grace, a careful read of the entire 5th chapter of Romans puts the concept of grace (unmerited favor) into the proper perspective and context of what faith in Jesus Christ brings in justification (just as if I had not sinned).  We have access to grace through faith.

From christiancourier.com I contribute the following article for all.  Hope you find it beneficial.

DB

The True Meaning of Grace
BY WAYNE JACKSON
display_cc-default-img-a17d2f3b69423c64c

The concept of God’s “grace” is thrilling beyond words. It shines its brightest, however, against the backdrop of another aspect of our Creator’s nature — that of sacred wrath.

The most common Greek word for “wrath” isorge. The term occurs 36 times in the New Testament (cf. Romans 1:18; 2:5). Another expression denoting “wrath” is thymos (18 times; cf. Revelation 16:19; 19:15). Most scholars make some distinction between the terms. Some suggest that thymos is “boiling” anger, whereas orge reflects an “abiding and settled” state of mind. Perhaps the two terms in concert denote the intense and sustained disposition of God towards evil, and those who abandon themselves to it.

But “wrath,” as used of God, does not suggest an impulsive, emotional reaction, as the term frequently does with humans. Rather, divine wrath is the reflection of a deliberate and measured reaction of a perfectly holy Being toward sin — a response that is entirely consistent with the righteous nature of a loving God. Standing over against the starkness of sacred wrath, is the dazzling concept of “grace.”

Grace Defined

“Grace” derives from the Greek, charis. In secular Greek, charis was related to chairo, “to rejoice.” As far back as Homer it denoted “sweetness” or “attractiveness.” It came to signify “favor,” “goodwill,” and “lovingkindness” — especially as granted by a superior to an inferior.

In the New Testament, “grace” (156 times) takes on a special redemptive sense in which God makes available his favor on behalf of sinners, who actually do not deserve it.

There is tremendous emphasis in the New Testament upon the fact that human salvation is the result of Heaven’s grace. This beautiful truth should never be minimized. At the same time, it must not be perverted. Unfortunately, much too often those with only a superficial concept of “grace” have hijacked the term and foisted upon it a sense alien to scriptural teaching. Let us consider some of the precious Bible truths associated with the concept of salvation by grace.

Encompassing Grace

God’s grace has been offered to the entire human family. “For the grace of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men . . .” (Titus 2:11). This cannot mean that every soul will be saved. Such a conclusion would contradict numerous other passages.

What this does suggest is that Heaven’s grace is potentially available to all who care to access it by means of the divine plan of redemption (cf. Romans 5:1; 6:3-4,17). This reality is in direct conflict with the Calvinistic notion that God, before the foundation of the world, chose only specific persons to be recipients of his grace.

The Grace/Knowledge Connection

The access to God’s grace is by means of an objective body of revelation. Paul noted: “For the grace of God hath appeared . . . instructing us . . .” (Titus 2:11-12). Christianity is a taught religion. Isaiah, speaking of the messianic age, exclaimed: “. . . he will teach us of his ways . . .” (2:3). Jesus himself declared: “It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and has learned, comes unto me” (John 6:45).

God’s grace is not dispensed apart from an instruction that requires both understanding and obedience. In these days when there is a tendency to “stampede” folks into the church, with minimal comprehension of what they are doing, this is a crucial matter to emphasize.

Conditional Grace

The reception of God’s grace is conditional. Calvinism erroneously asserts that grace is bestowed unconditionally by the sovereign will of God. The Bible negates this concept.

The principle is illustrated by the example of Noah, who “found grace in the eyes of the Lord” (Genesis 6:8); and yet, as the writer of Hebrews shows, the patriarch and his family were saved by preparing an ark in obedience to God’s instruction (11:7; cf. Genesis 6:22). Jehovah proffered the grace. Noah, by faith, obeyed the Lord, and so was blessed. While God extends grace, human beings must be willing to “receive” the favor (2 Corinthians 6:1).

Grace Is Not Earned

Grace excludes merit. We must constantly remind ourselves that humanity is not deserving of salvation. No one can “earn” pardon by works of human merit. If such were the case, we could boast regarding our redemption; however, that is impossible (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Even if one were able to perform everything God commands, he still must regard himself as an “unprofitable servant” (Luke 17:10). Jesus taught that our sins have put us head-over-heels in debt, and no person has the innate ability to liquidate that obligation (cf. Matthew 18:24-27).

When this concept is truly grasped, service to Almighty God will flow with a freshness and zeal that invigorates the soul. Doubtless a failure to fathom the true significance of grace is the reason many church members are spiritually lethargic.

Accessing Grace

Grace is accessed initially at the point of gospel obedience. It is shocking that so many sincere people are unaware of the fact that “grace” and “obedience” are not enemies. Paul affirmed that grace is accessed by faith (Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9). It is not, however, a faith void of loving response to God; it is a faith that acts (James 2:21-26).

Consider this fact. In Ephesians 2:8, the apostle states that one is “saved by grace through faith.” Later, in the same document, he says that sinners are “cleansed by the washing of water with the word” (5:26). “Saved” and “cleansed” represent the same idea. Further, scholars almost universally acknowledge that the “washing” is an allusion to baptism. It is clear, therefore, that the reception of grace, by means of the “faith” system, includes immersion in water.

Again, note that eternal life is the result of grace (cf. “grace of life,” 1 Peter 3:7, i.e., life resulting from grace). But one experiences that “life” when he is raised from the water of immersion (Romans 6:4). Heaven’s grace plan system includes obedience.

To express the matter another way, Christ “saves us, through the washing of regeneration [acknowledged to be a reference to baptism], and the renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5). Yet this is equivalent to being “justified by his grace” (v. 7). Obedience and grace do not stand in opposition to one another.

Continuing in Grace

The state of grace must be embraced continuously; otherwise one will fall from divine favor, and his initial reception of Heaven’s grace will have been “in vain” (2 Corinthians 6:1; cf. 1 Corinthians 15:10).

It is incredible that many, who identify themselves with Christianity, should contend that it is impossible for the Christian to fall from God’s grace.

If one cannot fall out of grace, why did Paul urge his fellow-believers to “continue [present tense—sustained perseverance] in the grace of God” (Acts 13:43)? The Scriptures warn of certain Christians who attempted to revert to the Mosaic regime for salvation. As a result, they were “severed from Christ” and “fallen away from grace” (Galatians 3:26-27; 5:4).

Conclusion

Grace is a soul-thrilling concept; it must be deeply appreciated, but never manipulated or distorted.

Hello, DB.  Thank you for posting a very thoroughly thought-out concept of grace and obedience.  For the sake of those on the site who may possibly find it a  little overwhelming as they read through this, would you be able to summarize your thoughts in a few sentences that someone not familiar with Christianity could take from this?

Thank you so much!

Linda Garren

P.S.  I wonder if in your statement before posting the article you've actually already done that.  Sorry I didn't catch that.  I think you are essentially reminding us that God's grace comes through our faith in Him.  The two go together in order to have either, I believe.  He gives us the grace to have faith, and in responding to having faith in Him, we receive His grace.

Edited by Linda Garren

Thursday, November 20

From Turning Point, Nov. 20, 2014

What Opportunity Reveals

Thus [Potiphar] left all that he had in Joseph's hand, and he did not know what he had except for the bread which he ate.
Genesis 39:6a

Recommended Reading
1 Corinthians 4:1-2

In July of this year, a bank teller pled guilty to embezzling nearly two million dollars from the State Bank of Lincoln where she worked as a head teller. She pulled off her crime by having access to the bank's vault and by changing audit numbers. Because she had worked at the bank for nearly two decades, she was trusted.

Joseph, in a much shorter time, grew to be totally trusted by his master, Potiphar, a wealthy official in Egypt. In fact, Potiphar turned over so much responsibility to Joseph -- managing everything he owned -- that all he knew about his property was the food he ate every day. Joseph managed everything else. How easy in such a situation -- complete, trusted access to great wealth -- would it have been for Joseph to line his own pockets with Potiphar's goods? What the playwright Oscar Wilde said -- "I can resist anything except temptation" -- was not true of Joseph. His integrity was not changed because of his privileged position.

Circumstances don't create character; they reveal character. Arm yourself today with the integrity of Christ.

The three most important ingredients in Christian work are integrity, integrity, integrity
Charles Colson

Edited by Linda Garren

In Touch, with Dr. Charles Stanley

November 21, 2014

Our Heavenly Father

Matthew 6:8-13

When Christ taught His disciples to pray, He told them to address God as "Our Father." They had previously heard Jesus say, "My Father," but now they, too, shared in that privileged family relationship. All of us who has been born again into the household of God have this same right.

Since our concepts of God are shaped by our earthly fathers, we all have different perceptions of Him, but Jesus is the only one who has a completely accurate understanding of the heavenly Father. Consider some of the ways He cares for His children:

• Loves: God's love is unconditional, since it's based on His nature rather than our performance (1 John 4:16).

• Listens: When we pray, He gives us His full attention (Ps. 55:16-17).

• Provides: The Father assumes responsibility for meeting all our needs (Phil. 4:19).

Guides: He is the one who directs our path when we trust in Him (Prov. 3:5-6).

• Protects: The Lord shields us spiritually, emotionally, and physically, sifting every experience through His sovereign fingers. (Ps. 121:1)

• Stays: He's not an absentee parent, since He'll never leave or forsake us (Deut. 31)

• Disciplines: The Lord disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness (Heb. 12:5-11).

Though experiences with our earthly dads may have distorted our view of the heavenly Father, we can learn to see Him as He truly is. By viewing Him through the truth of Scripture instead of our preconceptions, we will see evidence of His loving care and discover a security we've never known before. 

Edited by Linda Garren

Daily reading for November 21, 2014 from "Jesus Calling":

Thank Me throughout this day for My presence and My peace. These gifts are of supernatural proportions. Ever since the resurrection, I have comforted My followers with these messages: Peace be with you, and I am with you always. Listen as I offer you My Peace and Presence in full measure. The best way to receive these glorious gifts is to thank Me for them.

It is impossible to spend too much time thanking and praising Me. I created you first and foremost to glorify Me. Thanksgiving and praise put you in proper relationship with Me, opening the way for My riches to flow into you. As you thank Me for My Presence and Peace, you appropriate My richest gifts.

Luke 24:36; Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:15.

I have been taking huge doses of Vitamin G (Gratitude) the past two days since I learned of my cousin's death. It has been the perfect antidote for the fear that arose over how my PD will have progressed by the time of my death. I frightened myself with pictures of Pete's final five years in a nursing home. The last time my parents saw him, he seemed to recognize them but was totally incapable of speech. When I choose thoughts of fear, there is no room in my mind for the Presence of Jesus or the Peace He promises us. It is no coincidence that this was one of my readings this morning. When the student is ready (having given up focusing on fear and having become willing to have more positive thoughts, the Teacher appears. "God is Good, all the time. All the time, God is Good." (from the movie God is Not Dead, which my caregiver and I saw this past summer). 

Dianne

1 person likes this

Hi, Dianne.  I appreciate this reading and have found it  to be very true that being in touch with the Lord by thanking Him for things throughout the day (as well as asking for His help with things we and others are going through) is one of many things that bring us so close to Him.  It becomes a natural habit to "talk" with Him, doesn't it.  It also gives some relief to our worry--sometimes great relief, and sometimes relief that is not quite yet great enough but for which we trust He will make greater. 

One of the most helpful things is something you say here that a close friend long ago also said to me and has helped tremendously in those times that seem very confusing.  I'm speaking especially of those times where we feel we have done the right thing but have great sadness over it.  I remember at those times that I know God is good, that I trust Him (and that trust has proven to be worthy when I think back on circumstances that have been difficult but for which I trusted Him).  I guess I'm speaking of things that have been disappointments that hurt and don't go away and wonder why He would have allowed them in my life.  I know from life-long experience that being sensitive to His leading in spite of hurt has proven how He meant good, I see that the result was good for me and honoring to Him, and thus how I trust Him as a good God.  And a very loving one, watching over and protecting us and others.

1 person likes this

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

In an effort to prevent offense by those who do not appreciate spiritually related things being included within the forum topics, this thread has been created for reading/posting/commenting/questioning by anyone interested in things of the Christian faith.  As far as I could tell from the forum rules, this would not be against  policy, and it's my hope it may be a source of encouragement, strength, and information for anyone to feel free to come to at any time. Any way we can cut back contention I think would be helpful.  :-)

The statement above was posted by me at the beginning of our thread.

I'd like to add to it a little clarification that there are some basic things about Bible-based Christianity that make it what it is.  Maybe if I clearly state what they are, it would help in understanding that if I happen to post something in response to someone else's stated beliefs, it would be out of concern that they may not understand or may not have ever learned these things.  I hear many say that there are different interpretations of Christianity, and I would say that there certainly are, but that whatever those interpretations are, they really do need to include in their belief these basic tenants of Christianity.  It's very alluring to take only certain things from the Bible, adopt them for ourselves, and thus miss the whole truth of who Christ is. 

I've had a hard time figuring out how to explain this to the group and not offend.  So please take whatever I say as meaning to be helpful.  And also realize I'm not a Biblical scholar, just someone who has had the opportunity to study the Bible for a long time, and whose main purpose in life is to be committed to Christ while being committed to loving others and sharing Christ with them.  In loving others, I believe that I need to care for them enough to expose them to what the Bible says about Christ that they may have missed.  My intentions are not to be critical.  I just want to share what I've learned--without pushing it on others and without people thinking I'm rejecting them.  I'll still love you either way.  Some of my dearest friends have been and still are non-believers.

I also want to clarify something else, about denominations.  I grew up to exposure in the teachings of the  Baptist, Presbyterian, inter-denominational and non-denominational and community-type churches and organizations, as well as a non-denominational Christian college.  I consider myself plain and simple--a Christian.  A person who loves and follows Christ.  Not a member of any particular denomination, but a recipient of exposure to various venues regarding Christianity.  So when I share something, it will be in that mind set.  If someone objects to something I say, that is something I would not hold against you.  I don't hold people by the throat or collar them and push things on them.  I believe once something is shared, it is the Lord and the person who are responsible to work it out (unless someone asks me direct questions about something, of course).   I'm clarifying this, because I am sure I was not clear previously to either myself or you.  :-)  

So I'd like to share something with you that can explain where I'm coming from when I say there are some basic tenants to the Christian faith.  I  know beforehand that there will be objections by some people as to what is shared.  Please read it with an open mind, perhaps praying beforehand that the Lord will guide you as you read it.  And please remember, again, that this is a tool to help in understanding what Christianity is--not to criticize. If you don't agree with some things in it, maybe you can ponder those things and bring them before the Lord to help you sort through them, and then bring questions you may have to the forum for the whole group to give input.

Also, I'm not the leader on the forum.  I initiated it, and I try to help it along in any way I can and will step in to try to facilitate with issues that may come up that could possibly cause division, just like others in the forum do.  So, I see our goals as being growing in our faith as Christians by sharing, support, prayer, chatting and having fun together, and for seekers to be welcomed to come in and be part and feel free to ask questions. 

I care for each of you more than I can say and value each as being very special.  I've appreciated your sharing of thoughts and experiences and struggles, and it's been so heart-warming to see the support you give each other, and of which I've certainly been a beneficiary many times and am very grateful.

In Christ, Linda

“As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by Linda Garren

Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

2 people like this

Now this may just get interesting...A doctrinal sguaring off of the two titans (Linda vs. Luthersfaith) on issues pertaining to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  Time for me to head for the tall grass and observe from a safe distance. :-P

Now this may just get interesting...A doctrinal sguaring off of the two titans (Linda vs. Luthersfaith) on issues pertaining to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  Time for me to head for the tall grass and observe from a safe distance. :-P

Possibly...hopefully not!  I can't get the document attached that I need to to help with  this whole issue.

Anyone know how to make a url for access to a pdf document that has several pages?

Welcome, by the way, Roger. 

P.S.  I'm certainly no titan....I'm just a quiet believer who has somehow gotten herself in deep.  :-)  (But enjoying it.)

Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Thanks, Luther.

I am glad you stayed Linda! I am always looking for ways to improve my faith based life and appreciate your input

Thank you, Noah.  And I'm so glad you have a  heart for wanting to grow in your faith.  Always nice to hear someone say.

Linda glad you came back it's what the forum needed.  I'll try to share something in the future and it won't be about how many Angels can  fit on the head of the pin Ha Ha Although if you  allow for the God who created the universe it would be quite a few,

Lewis

1 person likes this

Linda glad you came back it's what the forum needed.  I'll try to share something in the future and it won't be about how many Angels can  fit on the head of the pin Ha Ha Although if you  allow for the God who created the universe it would be quite a few,

Lewis

We'll look forward to what you will be sharing, Lewis.