helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Linda Garren

A thread for anyone interested in topics of Christian faith--all invited.

1,487 posts in this topic

IN TOUCH MINISTRIES

Daily Devotional

Dr. Charles Stanley

1/21/17

Evangelism: Every Believer's Calling

Acts 1:6-8

One Sunday, a man approached me between services to share his story. He'd been addicted to drugs and was leading a hopeless life when he heard a Scripture verse in a sermon. He said that one passage led him to place his trust in Jesus. The man was saved, and God transformed his life.

Every believer has a story. Oftentimes, the more we surrender to God, the greater our ability to see His hand in our life. And the more we watch Him work, the stronger our desire to share with others all that He has done.

The same was true of the early disciples. A small crowd gathered around Jesus before His ascension. They heard His command to spread the gospel around the globe, making disciples and baptizing people from all nations. Surely this seemed like an overwhelming task for a handful of followers, but they obeyed. Their personal experiences with Christ undoubtedly motivated them to share the good news, and they also must have gained confidence from Jesus' promise of His presence and power.

We, too, should be taking Christ's command seriously. One of our highest callings as believers is to tell others about Him. As was true for the early Christians, our own experience with the Savior is the most exciting and convincing story to tell.

Are you passionately telling others about Christ? Loving God involves not just having a personal relationship with Jesus but also sharing Him with others. The world around you needs the power of Christ. Let the Holy Spirit guide and enable you to share effectively with those around you.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.

I was going to post this in the Friedman thread that Roger started, but decided it may be more appropriate in this thread, for better understanding of where I'm coming from in what I wrote below.  :-)

Texas Tom, during the Inauguration, did you notice that the rabbi quoted the verse you shared with us back a couple of years ago when I had asked for people in the thread on Christianity to share their favorite verses from the Bible?  It is from the book of Isaiah: 

The work of justice shall be peace, and the service of justice quietness and security forever.” 

I thought back to this verse as I worked through my thoughts on Trump's address, that while what he said was very strong on building our country’s security and bringing back the standing of our country in the world and allowing God back into our culture, I think the delivery of his address could have been softer and more encouraging as to also working toward peace and quietness—both for our country and our allies. (I suspect Bannon may have been behind how Trump delivered his address.)  What he did say gave hope and a deep sense of relief that people of faith can once again worship without restrictions/ executive orders put on them that are in direct conflict with what God tells us in the Bible.  It gives hope that though God has steadily been deleted from so many things that our country was based on (such as, among many other things, having our country's history revised to exclude God and teaching that revised version of history as “truth” to the young people in our country).

The manner in which Trump delivered his addresses during the whole campaign was very hard to listen to and watch, but he is working his way through a lot that is new to him--mainly that his focus must be on the country’s best interests rather than on himself by constantly feeling he must defend himself.  Also, he is used to being in charge of people but is now charged with working for the people in his position as president.  That’s a major adjustment, I would think.  He is also just beginning his faith journey with the Lord.  And…I suspect that underneath his gruffness he is not a real secure person(!) and that he attempts to compensate for it, which has brought him to focus on himself so much.  I do believe that he can bring more justice for all, but that it may take some time and experience for him to understand the tremendous complexities of his position but will learn as he gets more experience, knowledge, and confidence.  As he works with people from both sides of the aisle, repairs his relationships with those he has offended in any way (which we've seen him do a number of times), and as the Lord works in his life personally and professionally, I believe we'll see his reaching out more.  Perhaps he will also see, though to his credit taking a strong stand today, that God loves everyone and that that is an important part of bringing unity to the country on those things we agree on, despite some very divisive differences in the things we don’t agree on.  I think we all would have liked to have heard a softer tone in his message that would have indicated his desire to bring peace and quietness along with his work toward better security and standing in the world.  We need to give him time, as at 70 years old, his ways are surely deeply entrenched.  And for those of us who pray, we need to remain diligent.  And for all of us, we need to remember we are all flawed in some way.  None of us is perfect, but we can choose to work on those things, just as Trump is challenged to do.

I looked justice up on line and culled a few things that I thought worthy of sharing.  (Unfortunately, I don’t remember the source.) 

The question of what justice is, exactly, and how it is achieved are difficult matters. The principles of justice and

fairness point to ideas of fair treatment and "fair play" that should govern all modes of exchange and interaction

in a society. They serve as guidelines for carrying out justice.

In addition, we can also understand conflict in terms of tension that arises between the different justice principles.

Conflict about what is just might be expressed as conflict about which principle of justice should be applied in a

given situation or how that principle should be implemented. The ways of thinking about justice can have conflicting

implications, leading to disputes about fairness.

Very challenging.  Trump and our country have a lot of work ahead.   But we do know this:  There is hope!

Edited by Linda Garren

Hi Linda.  I received my book, For the Love of Stray Cats by Father Joe Breighner.  I can't wait to read it!

Hi, Peace.  I'm so glad to hear you got it.  I was just yesterday wondering if the two of you had received it.  I'll be interested to know if you have the same reaction I had when I read it. I think what hit me the most was how genuine his faith in the Lord is and how it is interwoven in everything he does.  Also, his depth of care for the stray cats and for all the various people he ministered to so faithfully (which he still does, only less so because of losing part off his sight.  His insights are really wonderful.  It also touched me when he spoke of his father leaving the family when he was born.  It broke my heart.

Edited by Linda Garren

Biblical Obedience: Love + Trust + Action By Rick Warren — Jan 25, 201

7     01-25-17-reenergized-biblical-obedience-    

“If you love me, keep my commands” (John 14:15 NIV).

We’re all familiar with the Christmas story. But have you ever stopped to put yourself in Joseph’s shoes? Here was a guy who found out his fiancée was pregnant, claiming she was visited by an angel and told she’s carrying God’s baby. And she wanted him to believe her!

In an instant Joseph’s whole world was turned upside down. This was not the way his life was supposed to turn out. It just didn’t make any sense.

Do you know the feeling? Maybe your finances suddenly take a turn for the worse, or layoffs are looming at work, or you’ve just received news of a health crisis in your family. How are you going to handle it? What do you do when things in your life don’t make sense?

Joseph chose to do what God said to do, and it changed everything. He decided to obey

God even though he didn’t understand what was happening.

Today, the word obey has a negative connotation. We view obedience as a forced, unwilling decision to do something we don’t want to do because we’re afraid of punishment.

But that’s not the kind of obedience that’s in God’s Word. Obedience in the Bible means this: love + trust + action.

It starts with love, as Jesus said in John 14:15: “If you love me, keep my commands” (NIV). Obedience comes from knowing that God loves you and you love him in return.

A lot of people think obedience is about fearing God, but God wants us to see obedience to him as a relationship of love. And out of love comes trust. If you trust what God is saying to you and you believe that he loves you, then that will lead to action.

You need to have all three, because action without love is just rote religion. And love without action is just mere talk.

Joseph was able to accept what Mary and the angel told him because of his relationship with God. He knew God loved him, and he loved God. He trusted God and made the choice to do what God asked him to do. And because of that, Joseph’s life is still impacting lives today.

Talk It Over

• How have you experienced the benefits of obeying God in the small things of life?
  • How can you model with your kids your relationship to God that is driven by love and leads to obedience?
  • Why is trust so important in a love relationship?

Edited by Linda Garren

It wasn't enough that Obama left our country after 8 years in office as vulnerable as possible.  Here is one more thing he did before leaving that reveals and seals what his legacy really is:   http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/01/24/surprise-in-final-hours-in-power-obama-sent-221-million-to-the-palestinians-n2276136?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=

Edited by Linda Garren

(Note from Linda:  My purpose in sharing this is meant to encourage and to inform what this study found, and not to criticize.  And I relate to the author's last point as to my own feelings on the subject.)

barber.jpg
|Posted: Aug 28, 2016 12:01
Townhall

‘Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences’

If your daughter, sister, mother or friend “identified” as a fat person trapped in a perilously emaciated body – if she truly believed she was obese, but, in reality, suffered from anorexia – would you affirm her “fatness” and get her liposuction, or would you go to the ends of the earth to help her bring her subjective (and mistaken) identity into alignment with objective reality? When someone is engaged in demonstrably self-destructive behavior, it is not loving, but hateful, to encourage persistence.

It was, ironically, lesbian activist and writer Dorothy Allison who once wrote, “Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.” In validation of this truism, a series of new peer-reviewed studies have just been released that serve to utterly debunk and deconstruct key “progressive” homosexual-activist talking points.

‘Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences’

This study, conducted by world renowned Johns Hopkins University scientists Dr. Lawrence S. Mayer and Dr. Paul R. McHugh, is a meta-analysis of data from over 200 peer-reviewed (and left-leaning) studies regarding “sexual orientation” and “gender identity.” It was published in the fall 2016 edition of The New Atlantis journal and is, far and away, the most objective, exhaustive and comprehensive study on the topic to date.

The research established, among other things:

• “The understanding of sexual orientation as an innate, biologically fixed property of human beings – the idea that people are ‘born that way’ – is not supported by scientific evidence.”
  • “Sexual orientation” in adolescents is “fluid over the life course for some people, with one study estimating that as many as 80 percent of male adolescents who report same-sex attractions no longer do so as adults.”

• “Compared to heterosexuals, non-heterosexuals are about two to three times as likely to have experienced childhood sexual abuse.”

• “Gay”-identified people are “at an elevated risk for a variety of adverse health and mental health outcomes.”

• “Gay”-identified people experience “nearly 2.5 times the risk of suicide.”

• “The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – that a person might be ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body’ or ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ – is not supported by scientific evidence.”

• “Studies comparing the brain structures of transgender and non-transgender individuals … do not provide any evidence for a neurobiological basis for cross-gender identification.”

• ex-reassigned individuals [are] about five times more likely to attempt suicide and about 19 times more likely to die by suicide.”

• “[T]he rate of lifetime suicide attempts across all ages of transgender individuals is estimated at 41 percent, compared to under 5 percent in the overall U.S. population.”

• “Only a minority of children who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood.”

Lest you buy the liberal talking point that so-called “homophobia” leads to high rates of suicide and other devastating consequences of the “LGBT” lifestyle, a recent study from “gay”-affirming Sweden dispels this myth. The research, published in the May issue of the European Journal of Epidemiology, found that people entering into a “gay marriage” were, as mirrored above, nearly three times as likely to commit suicide than their heterosexual counterparts.

“Even in a country with a comparatively tolerant climate regarding homosexuality such as Sweden,” observed the researchers, “same-sex married individuals evidence a higher risk for suicide than other married individuals.”

To borrow from James Carville: It’s the lifestyle, stupid.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Meanwhile, the CDC, no bastion of conservatism, just released this month a report establishing and detailing the devastating effects of “LGBT” identity and behaviors on teens “grades 9-12.”

Writing at WND, child advocate Linda Harvey expressed frustration that, despite its irrefutable conclusions, the CDC yet insists upon using such propagandist terms as “sexual minorities” to describe same-sex-attracted teens. She notes that “these adolescents no more qualify as ‘minorities’ than kids who eat junk food,” and cuts through the smokescreen to summarize the report’s findings:

“Self-labeled homosexual and bisexual teens were twice as likely as heterosexual teens to have been victims of sexual or physical dating violence, to be regular cigarette smokers, to have tried marijuana before age 13, to ever have used cocaine, hallucinogenic drugs, ecstasy, taken prescription drugs without a doctor’s prescription, or to have felt sad or hopeless.

“They were more likely to be current marijuana users than heterosexual students, more likely to drink alcohol, and over four times as likely to have used methamphetamines or heroin.

“They were four times as likely to actually attempt suicide.

“Homosexual and bisexual students were about 25 percent more likely to have had sexual intercourse, and more likely to be currently sexually active and to have had four or more partners.

“They are more than twice as likely to have had sexual intercourse before age 13. Can we just have a heart and ask: with whom? Were these adult ‘partners’? (aka molesters).”

It’s notable here that, in past studies, researchers with the CDC have indeed discovered that “gay” men are “at least three times more likely to report CSA (childhood sexual abuse),” while the left-leaning Archives of Sexual Behavior similarly determined in a 2001 study that nearly half of all “gay”-identified men were, as children, molested by a homosexual predator: “46 percent of homosexual men and 22 percent of homosexual women reported having been molested by a person of the same gender. This contrasts to only 7 percent of heterosexual men and 1 percent of heterosexual women reporting having been molested by a person of the same gender.”

Considering the above non-biased, replicated, empirical and irrefutable scientific facts, its little wonder that an earlier study in the International Journal of Epidemiology (IJE), determined the “life expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men.”

Unnatural behaviors beget natural consequences. “Gay” is not who they are. “Gay” is what they do.

You think me callous. You think I hate. I’m not and I don’t. Truth is hate to those who hate truth. I love self-identified “LGBT” individuals with a love beyond my own power to summon. I love them because Christ first loved me. I love them because, like them, I am a sinner in need of a Savior. They are under deception. The enemy of man is the father of lies, and he prowls like a lion seeking to both deceive and devour us all.

I know what it’s like to have someone close to me struggle with same-sex attraction and adopt an aberrant sexual identity. I have a dear family member wasting away with AIDS at this very moment. While I love him, I also understand that if I were to affirm his lifestyle and offer well-intentioned yet dangerously misguided “compassion,” I would be hurting him, not helping him.

I offer true compassion. I offer truth, in love.

If you truly love someone, you should never, ever encourage them in a demonstrably destructive and subjective “gay,” “lesbian,” “bisexual” or “transgender” identity. Love them unconditionally, but encourage them to find freedom from it.

Because, whether spiritual, physical, or both, it may be the difference between life and death.

Edited by Linda Garren
1 person likes this

Trump’s Immigration Revamp to Include Plans for Safe Zones Inside Syria (WSJ)

“President Donald Trump is crafting executive orders that would institute sweeping changes to U.S. refugee and immigration policies, including a ban on people from countries in the Middle East and North Africa deemed by the new administration as a terror risk, according to people familiar with the plans.

"A separate order also would lay the groundwork for an escalation of U.S. military involvement in Syria by directing the Pentagon and the State Department to craft a plan to create safe zones for civilians fleeing the conflict there, those familiar with the plans said. Mr. Trump has said such safe zones could serve as an alternative to admitting refugees to the U.S.”

Nick Note: If you build it, they will not come. Much is still being made concerning the proposed wall. Here are five challenges. In recent years, the number of people attempting to cross the US-Mexico border fell precipitously. Since 2007, the total number of Mexican immigrants in the US has actually been on the decline. Nevertheless, several “big city mayors across the U.S. vowed on Wednesday to defy President Trump’s executive order that threatens to cut off federal funding to cities that offer some sort of protection to undocumented immigrants in their communities.” But only former Mexican President Vicente Fox Quesada cussed him out – at least in public anyway. Today, President Trump, Vice President Pence and British Prime Minister Theresa May will address congressional Republicans at the three-day GOP strategy retreat in Philadelphia. No word on whether those in attendance will wear their Trump socks they received yesterday as a welcome gift. We live in interesting times and in an exceptional country. We are nation of laws, but also a nation with a rich history consisting of immigrants who risked everything in the pursuit of a more perfect union. We are country premised on the idea that our rights come from a Creator and not a created government. Complex problems like immigration often do not have simple solutions. But such solutions should seek to take these truths into account, that all men are created equal, that all individuals possess an inherent dignity. We should obey and enforce laws, yet we should also love our neighbor. We should protect our citizens, but such protection should not lead to isolation. Security and compassion are not mutually exclusive.  (Matthew 22:36-40, Galatians 3:28, John 13:16, 1 John 3:17, Luke 6:36). 

Nick Pitts serves as the director of cultural engagement at the Denison Forum. He is a Ph.D. candidate at Dallas Baptist University and serves as an adjunct professor there as well. His op-eds have been published by Religion News Service, Relevant Magazine, Townhall.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Morning News, and The Leaf Chronicle.

Edited by Linda Garren

Pastor RIck Warren's DAILY HOPE

Obey God Using Your Brain

01-30-17-reenergized-obey-god-by-using-y    

“When [Joseph] heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth” (Matthew 2:22-23a NIV).

A lot of people think living an obedient life of faith means putting your mind in neutral and letting God direct you wherever he wants as if you are a robot. That’s not it at all.

The Bible says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind” (Luke 10:27a NIV). You’ve got to engage your brain with God and live out the kind of life he has for you to live.

This is what Joseph did when he obeyed God’s command to move back to Israel. Joseph heard that Herod’s son was reigning in Judea so he was afraid to go there. “Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth” (Matthew 2:22b-23a NIV).

Nazareth is where the Bible prophesied that Jesus was going to live, so Joseph was exactly in the center of God’s will. And he got there by looking at the situation — the politics, Herod’s son as ruler. He realized it wasn’t a safe place to be and engaged his mind with God to make the right decision.

So where should we get God’s command for our lives? We may not have angels showing up to guide us, but we do have hundreds and hundreds of pages of God’s Word. To live a life of obedience, we need to get to know what God has said to us.

Jesus talked about this in Matthew 7:24: “So then, anyone who hears these words of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock” (GNT).

We have God’s Word to help us live out a relationship with him. It’s not a dry book of directions. It is God’s love letter to us, a Father’s letter of instruction to show us how to live the kind of life he wants to give us.

As you read God’s Word, I encourage you to pray Psalm 119:34: “Give me insight so I can do what you tell me — my whole life one long, obedient response” (MSG).

Talk It Over

• Why do you think God wants you to engage your mind when you obey him?
  • What do you need to do to create space in your life to study God’s Word?
  • How does your life reveal that you desire God’s wisdom?
Edited by Linda Garren

IN TOUCH MINISTRIES

Daily Devotional

1/30/17

Our Great Mission

Matthew 28:18-20

If you’re a believer, you are part of the awesome body of Christ, which is called to bring His light to the world both individually and corporately. Though many see the church as a social organization, that’s not what the Bible says it is. Sometimes we forget that our purpose isn’t simply to have fellowship, sing, preach, and worship. Jesus entrusted us with good news of the true life He offers to everyone. This calling isn’t just for foreign “missionaries”--it’s for every believer. Your mission field includes your family, friends, coworkers, and perhaps even a people group God puts on your heart, often right in your community.

Before returning to heaven, Jesus gave His disciples the Great Commission, in which He promised to be with believers to the end of the age. That pledge still stands. He doesn’t send us out to do His work on our own. Vowing never to leave us, He gave the assurance that all tasks He assigns will be achieved through us by His Holy Spirit.

What an honor to be included in the Lord’s redemptive plan for the world! He invites you to have a vital part in His kingdom work of transforming what is broken and giving new life. Everything you do in obedience is an opportunity for His Spirit to work powerfully through you!

He is still speaking His message of assurance to us: You’ll have Me as your companion, your captain, your victory. You’ll have Me as your resource, your energy, your anointing. Everything you need, you’ll find in Me. How does recognizing the greatness of your calling change the way you see your daily life?

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.

Hi Linda,

I have done more forum reading than contributing as of late.  The PD cognitive symptoms are starting to catch me more frequently (apathy etc) so I have to make a bigger effort to stay in the game here and there.  Hope you and others on this forum are off to a good start in 2017!

I have been on some other faith forums as of late and am astounded at some of the arguments/discussions that supposed Christians make without any accurate biblical knowledge on the topics in question. ( On-line forums truly can be toxic at times and can be a poor medium for productive debates or discussions.)  

Here is a link to articles on how we can all sharpen our bible studies and knowledge.  It is a life long process and not only helps deepen our own faith but also helps our evangelistic efforts as Christ's disciples on this earth.   Hopefully these  reads will be of benefit to Christians and non-Christians alike.  

DB

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1144-how-can-i-be-a-better-bible-student

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1022-making-sense-of-the-bible

Did Linda go sneaking off to the Bahamas for the winter ? Anyone have communications with her lately? Hope she is okay!  Her message inbox must be full.

Well I just experienced typing a full post only to lose it.  Let me try again.

Linda I hope you're back soon.  I read Father Breighner's book For the Love of Stray Cats all in one sitting.  His analogies are insightful and he speaks about Mindfulness without calling it that.  I think because he was touching on the practice before the phrase was coined.  He speaks of us as being human beings, not human doings.  Ellaangel, I think you would really enjoy this book.  This man's love and devotion to these cats is touching and leaves one realizing how much good is in the world that we don't always see and the lesson's the cats teach him are lessons for us all.

2 people like this

I read something this morning that has given me pause, and I thought it might interest people on this thread. (Including you, Linda. I hope, as do so many others, that this is a technical problem only) This is a quote from Leonardo Boff, which was put forth on "Inward/outward" this morning: "Falling Down

Falling is not just a physical accident. Falling means recognizing freely and sincerely the limits of our strength in the face of situations that are beyond us and force us to submit.

Falling shows our human frailty. It reveals the fragile clay of which we are made, showing us that we are neither omnipotent nor invulnerable. Confronted with such a fall, we may nurture a spirit of revolt...Or we may nurture a spirit of resignation...There is a third possibility, however:

We can nurture the spirit of humility. While calmly accepting our fall, we may still trust in God, whose strength comes to reinvigorate our weakness, and get up again with renewed courage."

I have thought about this all day. I hope I can have a spirit of humility the next time I fall with my PD.

2 people like this

Rocki-  I'm still thinking of you and praying that you are doing well.  

RE: ‘Sexuality and Gender: Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences’

By: Matt Barber

I personally find this subject offensive on this website supporting persons with Parkinson's Disease. What in the world does this have to do with PD? I know I'm going to get grief from some of you for this but - hey! That's the way it goes. Most every group, every religion, every social structure is always questioning the personal habits or beliefs of someone else. We can't just allow people to be human and pursue their own brand of happiness without constant ridicule and derision from so called persons of faith and perfection. Everything we as humans do to survive is apparently the target of some other group that always thinks they have the answer for everyone else.

I know "Love the sinner but not the sin". I've heard that crap all my life. It's not enough to love someone but you want to change them as well to met your or your Gods definition of right and wrong.

Enough already - IMHO this forum isn't the place to proselytize against the LGBT community or evangelize for your certain religious beliefs. Very offensive.

1 person likes this

This thread had apparently concluded when its originator and chief proponent departed, for better or worse.  Why rejuvenate it ?

Because im not aware of the history or personalities of this thread. Just voicing my displeasure and opinion.

This was Linda's thread and her "mission statement" upfront was IMO clear.  Over 44,000 hits is a testament to the interest (or critique) of topics related to Christianity.  There have been some who have questioned why the entire thread is on a PD forum and they are certainly entitled to their opinion.  I encouraged Linda to stay on track when she was discouraged over a year ago and I am glad she stayed with it.  

At the same time I support the right of atheists, agnostics, humanists, and other belief systems  to start their own thread on this forum.  Everyone has the freedom to chose what they read or don't read if they find the topic objectionable on the "Open" Forum.  

Edited by Dancing Bear
word omission
2 people like this

This forum isnt an open or religious forum. The interest is Parkinsons for the benefit of PWP and their support group. Why this thread has been allowed to continue is beyond me. It has nothing to do with my belief system. Christians can always justify inclusion in any group for the pure opportunity of soul harvesting. I know i dont have to read it if i dont like it. That isnt the point at all and you know it. If there was a thread on here for the pure opportunity of supporting the LGBT community you would be the first to complain. Maybe some of the PWP fit into this group. You dont know. I see no difference.

2 people like this

You are right pdmanaz-- there are alot of things I do't know.

You will have to take that issue up with the forum administrators if you want to narrow the range of allowable topics or trim the archive.  I do not take you seriously on your predictions of how I would respond to any topic.  Thanks for participating.   Hope you are doing well with your PD.   Good night to you. 

Interesting this was brought up.  Last night I was watching Fixer Upper on HGTV and I told my sister that there was some controversy with the show being that they never had a gay couple as clients.   My sister who is a die hard Christian said so what?  It's their show.  If people don't like it then they don't have to watch it.   It is sad to be so closed minded  and her refusal to see how other people live their lives. Christians are always trying to "encourage" people to go with their way of thinking but I've never been tempted.  To each it's own.

1 person likes this