helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Linda Garren

A thread for anyone interested in topics of Christian faith--all invited.

1,487 posts in this topic

Interesting comments miracle seeker.  Thank you.   IMO the Christians I know would say there is a path to heaven for all.  LGBT issues are both political and moral like many others.  Like I said above, I support anyone starting a thread on these issues.  

Dancing Bear - You said you would support anyone starting a thread on these issues. Well IMHO this isn't the place for any of those topics. If it's not directly related to PWP then I would not be in favor of it. There are many other blogs or forums that cover every issue on earth. If i want to discuss religion i will go to a religious forum and likewise for any other subject. If I want to learn and discuss Parkinson's Disease I will come to this forum or other regarding the same points.

Thanks pdmanaz. I understand your opinion on this.  Electronic forums in general are a poor medium for discussing/debating some topics/issues.  I have learned alot from this forum on PD related subjects.  Have a good one!

DB

1 person likes this

Both make valid points.   Religion and politics often bring on heated discussions.  Everyone thinks they are right and no one ever backs down gently.   Let's all focus on what this forum is about.  We are here to support, offer suggestions, and learn about PD.   Life is hard enough without adding more unnecessary stress.  

4 people like this

We miss you, Linda.  We hope and pray things are well with you.  You have selflessly strengthened others in spite of your limited energy and challenges from PD.  It has not gone unnoticed how much empathy your soul contains.  Your work on the forum illustrates the values of Christianity.  PWP relate to your message and apply the principles to their individual struggles.

May God grant you peace in your heart and assurance of your purpose. We hope to hear from you soon.

NN

1 person likes this

Objection noted New Normal.  This is a Parkinson's Disease forum for discussion of relevant issues.  That board censors shut down Linda's bible thumping propensities was a welcome relief to us nonbelievers.  

Edited by Rogerstar1
1 person likes this

Roger,

Whats your problem?  If these religious zealots want to discuss religion and how it helps them get through the day, that's there prerogative.  I  do not have their belief system and Linda's thread has no effect on my life.  Is it any different than the Good Morning thread that rarely discusses PD issues or the Medical Marijuana thread that talks about the wonders of MM for every disease known to man but rarely mentions PD. This is an Open Forum and if the administrators have not closed the topics, I guess they have no issue with them.  Your objection to the thread is because you object to their religion.  Are you afraid they're going to convert you?  Just ignore the subjects you don't like.  Life is to short to worry about what Linda is writing about.

Dave

1 person likes this

Discussing religions for the purpose of comfort is one thing. Pushing a religion for the purpose of conversion is another. Ninety percent of the content here was generated by Linda in her effort to convert the so called lost souls to the glory of her god. The recent post that bothered me most was the one she posted regarding the scientific documentation that supports her position that LGBT community persons actions are a  choice rather than a natural condition of their birth. What has this to do with PWP?

IMHO again this forum is no place for this anti LGBT propaganda.

3 people like this

pdmanaz,

You are not the administrator of this forum, just a user like the rest of us.  The administrators have stated that this area is unmoderated.  If you don't like the content, then don't read it. It really is as simple as that.  If something really offends you, report your objections to the forum administrators. If you want a moderated forum for PD, shell out some money and start your own. This forum is provided to us free of charge. 

Dave

1 person likes this

Pardon me Dave. I have a right to my opinion as you or anyone does. Dont give me advice on protocal for this forum. I have read far worse on other threads here. Maybe the person responsible for this thread or repeat supporters share some responsibility for the content. I totally stand for what i have writte.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Rogerstar1 said:

Objection noted New Normal.  This is a Parkinson's Disease forum for discussion of relevant issues.  That board censors shut down Linda's bible thumping propensities was a welcome relief to us nonbelievers.  

What happened?  What board and who got shut down? This thread is still alive and kicking right?

For all intents and purposes it's dead...and has been that way since Linda G. started passing off the chicanery of "Dr." Charles Stanley as the spoken word.  If not quite dead yet then it's on life support.    

DaveN - Spoken like a true bible thumper -  Every single one of the sentences in your most recent post is, demonstratively false,  my friend.   Those about me were also insulting.  If you feel like preaching...why don't YOU go and start YOUR own blog/website.  Or, we could just be friends and curtail opinions on which we'll never agree and discuss instead, the horror staring both of us in the face, PD.     Roger

Edited by Rogerstar1
improve writing
2 people like this