helplinedonate
tkmorris4

Buzzy head

My husband was diagnosed w/Parkinson's last June. Since then, his most troubling non-motor symptom is a "buzzing" lightheadedness he feels quite often. He says it's like an "inner aggitation" that makes his head feel like it's buzzing. Anyone heard of this or know of any suppliments that could help? He's really feeling down about this... especially since we don't know how to alleviate it! ANY suggestions would be appreciated!

Is this actually a PD symptom or some other type of problem that he should see the doctor about?  I never heard of this symptom.  Would be interested in what the others have to say.

Dave

Does he have any other symptoms both motor and non motor? I have akathisia. Tremors and a feeling like I might just explode are part of it. It is very hard to think or concentrate, and hard to describe. For a long time I described it just as tremors until I realized that some folks have tremors without the inner agitation I was feeling. Propranolol has been a god sent for me. I'm no doctor and certainly not qualified to diagnose. I mention it only because you used the words "inner agitation" which reminded me of what I experience. Just something to think about.

"Akathisia

No discussion of physical discomfort in PD is complete without a mention of akathisia, or restlessness, a frequent and potentially disabling complaint. Some patients with parkinsonian akathisia are unable to sit still, lie in bed, drive a car, eat at a table or attend social gatherings. As a result of akathisia, patients may lose sleep or become socially isolated. In about half of the cases of parkinsonian akathisia, the symptom fluctuates with medications and may often be relieved by additional dopaminergic treatment."