helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
sammary

Internal Tremors

Tremors are more of a rhythmic movement of the muscles where twitching is random without any rhythm.

Tremors are more of a rhythmic movement of the muscles where twitching is random without any rhythm.

But a twitch can have a rhythmic movement... Right?

I agree with Daven. Internal tremors are simply tremors that can be felt but not seen. I could feel tremors in my left hand/arm long before they were visible. Muscle twitches are more like random muscle spasms and are very different than tremors.

Bills,

I have twitches (fasiculations) in both my legs below my knees due to nerve damage in my lower back.  The difference between the twitches and the tremors is the frequency.  My tremors are a frequency of about 6 hz, whereas my twitches are a single firing.  I have thousands of twitches through out the day.  It looks like something is crawling under my skin. There's probably a pattern to them, but it looks very random from an observational standpoint.

Dave

• Like 1

Well what do you call it when you feel jittery inside, like when you are over caffeinated?  I've been calling that my internal tremors.

• Like 1

For me, the internal tremors are when I feel my phone vibrating in my pants pocket but then realize my phone isn't in the pocket.

• Like 1

For me, the internal tremors are when I feel my phone vibrating in my pants pocket but then realize my phone isn't in the pocket.

Steve,

For me, that would be my description of parasthesia, which my stimulator is supposed to manifest in my legs.  I feel it but it comes across as manufactured which it is.

Dave

I am also wondering about the same thing She-ra questions.  Quite often, nearly daily, I am jittery/jumpy on the inside, as if over-caffinated .. exactly what she-ra questions.

It's happening right now.  My tremor isn't active visually but I can feel it underneath.  It's also usually accompanied by light-headedness.

I hate feeling jittery

For the past year and a half I have complained to my dr. about tremors - internal and external. I thought the jittery feeling was just part of the tremors. I'm finally beginning to understand not everyone experiences those jitters. Actually, the word jitters is too mild. It is like I'm ready to explode into pieces along with no ability to think.

I started taking Propranolol which takes some of the edge off. Benadryl taken 4 or 5 times a day has been the biggest help. I also use a bit of marijuana to get to sleep. I probably feel about Benadryl the same way some of you feel about sinemet - I don't think I could function without it. I started the Benadryl on my own. I have a dr's. appointment in a few days. I'm a little scared what he may have to say. There is no way I'm going to stop. The past two months have not been perfect but good enough that I feel like I have a life worth living again.

I had internal tremors before anything else appeared. It was in my right arm. No one could see it, only I could feel it.  

Marcia, how long did you have internal tremor in arm before it became visable?

How long before other symptoms came about?

Thanks.

This is a hard question because I didn't write it down and it has been years since. I looked through old pictures to try and pin  it down. Plus what my DH remembered. PatriotM had it far longer than I did. The best guess I have is 2 to 4 weeks. That is when it switched to being visible. The best dates I could come up with were:

July 2006 Internal tremor - 2 to 4 weeks became visible tremors

Oct 2006  Toe Curl

Dec 2006  Diagnosed 

At some time my arm stopped swinging and my hand was a claw. I didn't realize it till someone took a picture of me walking. I was not on meds then. Taking meds helped. 

Hi guys!

I've been struggling with the whole body internal shaking for almost a year and I've been going to doctors and they didn't know what it is. Everytime I was trying to concentrate and think or even watch a movie the internal shaking became worse. I was thinking that I might have some kind of neurological disease.

I tried many things to cure it like aerobic exercise, yoga, meditation, resting, walking everyday, using standing desk, ketogenic diet, Vitamins, drinking alcohol and lot more.

Finally I've found that it might be elevated cortisol level for me the symptoms were:

Internal Tremor
Weakened immune system
Slow healing of cuts, insect bites and infections
A little weight gain
Loss of emotional control
Decreased libido

I found simple almost complete cure using lift training - simple push ups, pull ups, squats, 3 times a week.

My theory is that testosterone balance cortisol.

Edited by tim15