helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
graflexmaster

QUOTE buttons do not work, and I can't paste either.... help

Well I've never been able to use the "quote" or multi-quote buttons. When I've tried, nothing appears in my replies. Thus I've always used the tried and true "cut and paste" system when responding to posts. Well last summer during the updates, one day the quote buttons suddenly worked..... but alas, the next day they didn't and it was back to the cut&paste..... So about the time the new DBS forum went live, I went to respond to someone, and found that although I could highlight and cut, I could no longer paste anything into my response............... I mentioned this to Leilani Pearl, and to David Waugh (who I was working with on setting up the new DBS forum), and they suggested it might have something to do with my computer. I checked, and my computer was working fine, and I could cut/paste everywhere else... eg. other web forums, in WORD, EXCELL, etc....... Then I thought ok let's see if can still do the cut/paste from my tablet........ NOPE...... Thus I come to you here asking what's up??? Why can I NOT use the quote buttons, nor cut and paste in the NPF forums any longer???

I await your response.......................

Michael, I had the same problem! Then, I found out that with a left click on the top left button of our toolbar(sort of a "square" next/right  to our profile image) I could change the format and then quote any post I wanted..Same goes for the copy/paste function...

Give it a try too...It's not a permanent solution but it seems to work for me each time I try it...

Edited by christie

Michael, I had the same problem! Then, I found out that with a left click on the top left button of our toolbar(sort of a "square" next/right  to our profile image) I could change the format and then quote any post I wanted..Same goes for the copy/paste function...

Give it a try too...It's not a permanent solution but it seems to work for me each time I try it...

Thanks cristie....... that worked, although it turned off everything else on the header..... So I don't think it is supposed to work this way.....

Thus I shall await an answer from Admin..... and the vender....

Thanks cristie....... that worked, although it turned off everything else on the header..... So I don't think it is supposed to work this way.....

Just checking to see if my "quote" button is working. It appears so.......

Michael, if you click again on the same button (after quoting the post of your choice) all functions return and your quote remains!

That's what I just did. See, I can use bold, italics underline, even emoticons!! :mrgreen:

Thanks cristie, that did the trick....... and now??  it works perfectly just like nature intended.......<grin>

Michael, if you click again on the same button (after quoting the post of your choice) all functions return and your quote remains!

That's what I just did. See, I can use bold, italics underline, even emoticons!! :mrgreen: