helplinedonate
Twitchy mama

Another Newbie

Yeah.... especially my car. I have to go through a process just to get in or out..... but the joy of driving it, makes it all worth it most of the time............. Although I find that I don't drive it near as much as I used to, or want to.... because getting in and is harder these days, and my walker won't fit, thus I have to use my cane ......BAH

I fold myself to get in, and un-fold to get out.... LOL

15624779438_18aa12de10_o.jpgIMG_0039 by Michael, on Flickr

Edited by AB-Normal
  • Like 1

Hey grunt, wanna race?? your cane? my walker? 100ft, don't worry, we can take all afternoon..... :lol:  :lol:

When and where. I have two Great Danes so one leash in each hand and they can drag me really, really fast.

I understand a lot of people have a difficult time dealing with the diagnosis. Maybe my experience or attitude will help. We have accepted things all our lives that we didn't ask for. To me this is just another part of life. I know it's scary and we all ask the same questions like where will I be in a year or 5 years with this disease? It is a day to day thing just like every other part of life - we get up and deal with life that day then we go to be and repeat the same things every day. IMHO you don't have to accept it but you certainly have to deal with it and the best way to do that is with the best attitude you can muster everyday.

Getting older is something we deal with on a daily basis- so it will be with Parkinson's also. My best to you in your endeavor. Find your own personal strengths where you can and listen to your heart and logic to sort things out.

• Like 2

So, grunt, two Danes equal how many cubic inches ?? .....<smile>

Twitchy...you not only came on the forum, but the humor gang just gotcha! It comes in spurts...we all have different.....really different.. personalities ...sometimes we argue, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry....just like a family...welcome....sorry to steal your thread for awhile. Our family roots run very deep...there is always someone helping someone ...

Ab normal used to offer cookies to all the newbies...but since he went to a walker he is keeping cookies to himself lately....there IS a reason he is called AB normal....we are cousins ....very far removed.....<smile >

I understand a lot of people have a difficult time dealing with the diagnosis. Maybe my experience or attitude will help. We have accepted things all our lives that we didn't ask for. To me this is just another part of life. I know it's scary and we all ask the same questions like where will I be in a year or 5 years with this disease? It is a day to day thing just like every other part of life - we get up and deal with life that day then we go to be and repeat the same things every day. IMHO you don't have to accept it but you certainly have to deal with it and the best way to do that is with the best attitude you can muster everyday.

Getting older is something we deal with on a daily basis- so it will be with Parkinson's also. My best to you in your endeavor. Find your own personal strengths where you can and listen to your heart and logic to sort things out.

Very well said.

NN

The way  I look at things. For anyone healthy or those with a little stepping stone they have to cross. They decide thier own path. Focus on now. Easter family get together. Friends get together. A nice road trip. A nice day to take the dogs for a little walk. A movie or play outing with your spouce or a close friend. Then pretty soon you forget about what it was you felt negative about. Life is NOT ALL GLOOM AND DOOM. My biggest problem is speeling and correct grammar.  What are your good plans today Twitchy mama?

• Like 3

Well I started out my day with a 3 mile walk, meeting lots of walkers and getting lots of puppy love along the way! This afternoon I am off to a seminar on maintaining balance and flexibility. Today is a good day and the sun is shining. I savor every good day and appreciate the small things ! Keep smiling! Twitch

• Like 2

Now your talking. Three miles there are people that won,t do that even if a dr. suggests it. And they are well healthy. Keep it up. I am heading to the pool in a bit.

The pool is not for me, but I can still ride my bike and this morning got in 15 miles. Unfortunately the wind was 22 mph against me so it felt like 30 miles. I always feel good after a ride. Have a great swim!

Hey Twitch! I'm new too! Diag in Jan, had it for a bit before that I'm sure. Now while I have no wisdom to pass along due to my newbie status, I can say that God is good, always. I pray that He uses my Parkisons for His glory and to further His Kingdom! The rest is small stuff. I have my days, and there will be more to come, but I'm still walkin talkin and chewing gum! Welcome!

Dude

• Like 1

Welcome bake stein - when I got diagnosed in November, I felt like I was all alone, but after finding this group and learning how folks live and thrive with PD, i realize that I will make it. There are some amazing people on this forum (and a few not so amazing) and a ton of information and knowledge. I'm also finding a lot of people with PD in my community, and in a PD support group. At first I didnt want to see folks with more advanced PD but now I'm realizing how much they have to offer as they've been on this walk for a long time.

I' learning to take one day at a time and squeeze every drop of fun out of every hour! Life is good!

Twitch

• Like 3

I too have avoided the support group stuff just because it's hard to see people further down the road and not think about where I may be. In reality, like you said Twitchy mama, it would be good to learn from their journey as I have with many people on here just by reading their stories. I am 45 and almost at my one year anniversary of diagnosis. I really need to take charge of this disease. My meds work great and that "helps" me not think about it much but at the same time I need to be exercising and eating better. I am actually considering going to my local support group this Saturday for the first time. I have met the guy that runs it and he is great and super encouraging to me.

I am rambling, sorry. Welcome Twitchy mama! 

Thanks for sharing Nailtatt. I am beginning to really enjoy some of the support group meetings - there really is something wonderful to enjoy each day! We are never alone.

• Like 1