helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
New normal

This works for me...what works for you?

MarcB    17
On 2/7/2016 at 10:22 PM, New normal said:

Hey, Roger..good to hear from you!

I have a water exercise pool...when the "chaos" happens under my skin...and nothing works...jacuzzi...It calms the nerves.nerves.

Melatonin ...I take one tablet 10 mg with 2 Valerian root. Helps a lot...and I have atypical sleep apnea.

Noah:

Valerian Root..I have taken for years. I just learned this today: I felt anger...for no reason. Rather than go for a rx pill..I took 2 Valerian 450 mg each......I felt the anger go away about 45 minutes later.

Valerian and melatonin have been discussed before. Melatonin needs to be used carefully...start slowly and see what works best. Most medical doctors do not discuss alternative medicine. Google the topic and/or ask a health professional

Valerian root has been used for centuries as a calming agent. I have not heard negative things about it. It sure helps me.

And...what works for you???

What are the concerns with Melatonin?  Will continual use cause one's body to stop making it?

Linda Garren    725

I don't think so, but could disrupt its natural cycle in our bodies, from what I've read.  Some MDSs don't feel the same and don't seem to suggest a stopping point in taking it.  Since I've read otherwise in articles on line, I tend to try not to take more than 10mg at night (and this only after taking 5mg for a few years began not to be enough).  On occasion when I've needed something to help put me back to sleep (and this is not often), I'll take another 5mg.  NN"s suggestion to google the topic is good.

NeverGiveUp    5

Call me weird, but I like to mow the yard. I mow about 4 acres and would mow everyday if I had time.  Today, I am completely caught up.  But the best thing that just hit me today (ironic) is why I enjoy mowing.  I always said it give me time to think, tru but also the sound and the shaking of the mower over powers the unstable interior tremors I have. (newly diagnosed, still trying to figure out what every feeling is).  Mowing to me is really peaceful and gives me a nice sense of accomplishment and easy to see progress.  My wife just don't understand and my neighbor thinks I am crazy, but that is OK...lol.  its all GOOD..

thanks 

• Like 3

New normal    1,268
On 6/26/2017 at 11:22 PM, NeverGiveUp said:

Call me weird, but I like to mow the yard. I mow about 4 acres and would mow everyday if I had time.  Today, I am completely caught up.  But the best thing that just hit me today (ironic) is why I enjoy mowing.  I always said it give me time to think, tru but also the sound and the shaking of the mower over powers the unstable interior tremors I have. (newly diagnosed, still trying to figure out what every feeling is).  Mowing to me is really peaceful and gives me a nice sense of accomplishment and easy to see progress.  My wife just don't understand and my neighbor thinks I am crazy, but that is OK...lol.  its all GOOD..

thanks 

NGU,

what a great post!  Do you think the good feeling you get is because you are in control..it is finite, measurable, predictable...and you can see a completion...all things PWP hope for?  

Hope you continue posting.

NN

• Like 1

New normal    1,268

3 hours ago, MarcB said:

Maybe the best, most up to date understanding.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5421223/

Marc,

Thank you for posting link..fascinating.

To dove tail, DH is likely to have PD  from exposure in Vietnam to Agent Orange, an extremely toxic herbicide.  I lived on a sustainable farm when herbicides and pesticides were introduced.  Farmers went crazy with it...on driveways, play yards...it was everywhere in my world.  We had a 12 foot water well wherein water tables would likely carry drainage from fields.  Both of us have negative  DaT scans...both are showing accelerated symptoms as C/L is less effective. Both of us have significant PD characteristics while also having atypical presentation.

To carry this theory further...could it be the increasing rate of YOPD  is caused by introducing numerous immunizations and innoculations to infants days after birth?   I dont want to get into a controversial subject, but I wonder about the toxic excitability element discussed in paper is from foreign substances that neutralize body's immune system....or excite it.

Great knowing this work is being done.   

Thanks for your research, Marc.

NN

New normal    1,268

Hey Marc,

just read your history and your exposure to Agent Orange.  DH was off VN coast same time as you on USS Wedderburn.  Have you applied for military disability?

NN

New normal    1,268

Legal note:

Some  states are called "short probate" states, like AZ..   It allows a third party listed at your bank to assume bank accounts when both account holders pass. Not like putting another on your account. Third party does not have access until death.

AZ allows quick claim deeds to be made so property goes directly to heirs when both pass. It is best to have it recorded.

Some states require a Power of Atty to assume inheritance...even if you think you are in a "community property" state.  Without it, everything must go through probate.

i am not an atty.  Just learned this...and it works for me.

NN

• Like 1

swamper    57

I have been given a real gift with prism lenses!  I had been having increasing difficulty with reading and using the computer at night, which I finally figured out was due to double vision when I was fatigued.  Went to my husband's ophthalmologist, who referred me to his wife, who is an orthoptist.  She mostly deals with children with strabismus.  But she diagnosed me and they fitted me with reading glasses with prisms built in, and now I can see and read, and life is so much better.  They don't look any different from anyone else's reading glasses, and have helped me tremendously.  Just thought I would post on the chance that somebody might use the information.. This has REALLY worked for me!

• Like 1

Peace    159

She Ra-did you get products that already contain tea tree oil or did you buy pure tea tree oil?  I would recommend buying a bottle of the oil and then you can just use it straight (like on a blemish) or you can add a drop or two to whatever other product you would like.

MarcB    17
On 6/30/2017 at 11:53 PM, New normal said:

Marc,

Thank you for posting link..fascinating.

To dove tail, DH is likely to have PD  from exposure in Vietnam to Agent Orange, an extremely toxic herbicide.  I lived on a sustainable farm when herbicides and pesticides were introduced.  Farmers went crazy with it...on driveways, play yards...it was everywhere in my world.  We had a 12 foot water well wherein water tables would likely carry drainage from fields.  Both of us have negative  DaT scans...both are showing accelerated symptoms as C/L is less effective. Both of us have significant PD characteristics while also having atypical presentation.

To carry this theory further...could it be the increasing rate of YOPD  is caused by introducing numerous immunizations and innoculations to infants days after birth?   I dont want to get into a controversial subject, but I wonder about the toxic excitability element discussed in paper is from foreign substances that neutralize body's immune system....or excite it.

Great knowing this work is being done.   

Thanks for your research, Marc.

NN

The VA agrees my PD is likely from Agent Orange.  The chemical engineers who designed this stuff, and the Pentagon that bought and approved its use, had to know that anything that could defoliate a jungle in 4 or 5 days would be toxic to humans.  They dumped 18,000,000 gallons on their own soldiers. 

MarcB    17
On 6/30/2017 at 11:59 PM, New normal said:

Hey Marc,

just read your history and your exposure to Agent Orange.  DH was off VN coast same time as you on USS Wedderburn.  Have you applied for military disability?

NN

Yes, the VA accepted my claim in 2011.  They give me $800/month for it.  Seems fair to me ------------------- not. 

Firemn99111    0

Starting my day with sinement, azilect, and exercise then tapering down with medical marijuana as my day has finished has worked wonders. Also keeps my daily dose of sinement down and controlled. 

Edited by Firemn99111

She-Ra    63
On 7/1/2017 at 6:54 PM, Peace said:

She Ra-did you get products that already contain tea tree oil or did you buy pure tea tree oil?  I would recommend buying a bottle of the oil and then you can just use it straight (like on a blemish) or you can add a drop or two to whatever other product you would like.

I kinda did both.  I bought Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner that has lavender & mint in it,too.  I only use the shampoo on the back of my head where I get a build up of dry skin and use a regular shampoo on the rest.  I have definitely seen an improvement in my scalp.  I got the tiny bottle of pure oil for my bath water and put drops in every morning.  Have not tried it directly on anything but will try that,

Linda Garren    725

Hi, Sheila:

Just FYI:  tea tree oil is not recommended to be used by itself because it is very, very strong.  Please be real careful.