helplinedonate
Sign in to follow this  
soccertese2010

low body temperature

61 year old man, my body temperature has suddenly dropped as low as 95 F. (right now) and never higher than 97.6, constantly changes.  this started maybe 4 days ago, just felt really cold.  my pd after 14 years also has progressed rapidly in the last month.   just wondering how serious to my health this could get and should i be bugging my GP and/or neuro about this?  the fact that i have messaged my GP about this and other problems i'm having with my urinary tract and B.P. - recently prescribed 10mg of propranolol bid -  and he responds to everything but the low body temp question has me slightly worried.

I would get the temperature issue confirmed in the office of your doctor.  When we see this it is usually the Parkinson's disease and autonomic issues and we do not think it is life threatening when the brain and body are slightly colder.

• Like 2

Thanks for the confirmation....... Since I was a baby (according to my mother, and medical records), My "normal temp. has been right around 97.6 degrees. I was in to see my PCP last Friday for a regular check-up, and even though I felt fine, my temp. was only 95.6 degrees. When I asked my Dr. about it, she told me that it was not uncommon, and that like you said, that it was more than likely my Parkinson's acting up, and that it was nothing to worry about. So here I find you saying the same thing, so I guess it's not a big deal, so am not going to give it another thought...... thanks....

since a child my normal body temp. has been 96.8 *   my mother had a lower than normal temp. as well.    i have never thought a thing about it..........but suppose it is just because it has always been that way.                 having it " change " in later life might feel odd.  hope it is nothing to worry about...........lu