helplinedonate
StephenNTx

C/L challenge and dosing

Good evening friends. I am taking Sinemet 25/100 3x day. I have settled on taking it at 7am, 11:30am and 6pm. It appears to work best if taken 30 minutes before eating. If I wait an hour to eat I feel a little woozy. I have zero other side effects. Nothing. Nada. Residual seems to be about 5 hours.

Even though it seems to be working great at this dose, I would like to experiment with a lower dose (maybe half) before I return to my mds. What have you experienced? Does lower dose equal lower residual?

I have read some sad stories here about roundabout paths to diagnosis, and yes, I have a story to tell as well.

welcome , not that this is where you were looking to be welcome ! there are a lot of good people that have a lot of knowledge here .. I take sinemet 50-200 before bed and stalevo 50 3 times a day . stalevo is 12.5 mg carbidopa ,50 mg levodopa, and 200 mg entacapone. I works well I haven't played with the doses .only because it works . sleeping for me is hit or miss . somedays great others not so much .

Thank you Dan. I am six days into a C/L (Sinemet) challenge and feel better than I have in a long time. I am trying to understand how this drug works for me and how it has worked for others. I love hunting, btw.

Hi Stephen

Welcome to the forum.

Good for you to seek info......you will get lots of different view points...

Carba/l dopa works immediately for me. Contrary to the norm, I think l dopa is required steadily over a 24 hour span. That is not what doctors, medical journals or researchers say...and I am not a medical professional.

However, when I split doses...now 50/200 CR 5x per day...over 24 hours...there is less "off time" , I awake with symptoms controlled. I sleep well. I do not have vivid dreams. I do take valerian root and melatonin for sleep. I choose mono therapy...only using C/L. It works. No side effects.

DH (dear husband) was dx'd PD 3 wks ago. He takes 25/100 C/L 3x per day. He started taking it over a 24 hr span. He is doing great...no side effects...and has significant reduction of symptoms.

We need more family members...feel free to participate ...respond, inquire, and inform. Good luck to,you.

NN

I try to space mine evenly over the day, more or less.  I'm doing 7AM, 2PM, 10PM.  Works well for the most part, and no major side effects.  Occasionally I get a little grumbly in the tummy if I don't eat anything for a while after the meds (like 45 minutes or more).  A cookie or a couple chips or something and I'm fine.  I've cut back from 1.5 tabs each dose to 1.5 morning and evening but 1.0 tab midday.  That has helped a bit daytime sleepiness (which I had before and got a bit worse with meds).  

I space mine 5:45-11:00-5:00and a Sinemet CR at bedtime. Mine is 4 pills in 24hr. It takes time to figure but the main thing is that you see the improvement ! (GREAT) Keep on moving. Live your life like before. I always carry some extra pills. Sometimes something comes up where you are held up and you need your dose. The schedule you have set up is important. For me if I am late with the pill it

is like being the person that out in a crowd  just flatused. Everyone looks my way and there is nothing I can do to be unnoticed. 

I take my Sinemet CR at 5:30, 11, and 5. I switched to CR after my Sinemet challenge. It has been working pretty well for just over a year now. I have zero side effects so far.