helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
noah

cant post

noah    66

I think closing it is a big mistake.  Kathyrn has always been very helpful.  I ask you to please reconsider.

Wow-that was cryptic!!  My goodness.  The Ask the Nutritionist is a huge piece of this website and it's probably one of the most useful since we all eat and having a place to ask Kathrynne questions about how to eat healthy food, questions about how to problem solve for Parkinson's, and she also posts informative articles that we might miss otherwise.  I consistently refer members of our support group to that website since we need to have this professional resource.  I am so disappointed and puzzled.  To just shut the forum down without notice just doesn't seem right.  She has been on this website for many years.  If this is her choice, I feel she should make that known but it doesn't sound like this is the case.  

• Like 1

Waywrd1    45

I really hope that she did this of her own choosing- you have no idea how many trips to the doctor she saved me!!!!

Thanks for the referral to the Parkinson's Chew on This Facebook page for Kathrynne.  Unfortunately it was the "about" page which was a dead end.  It took me a while to figure out that I had to click on "timeline" to get to the active Facebook site.  Many individuals dealing with Parkinson's have limited Facebook expertise and this is a critical step to use her Facebook site.  Might I suggest you change the hyperlink.  You are correct-it is very active and thank you for that hyperlink!

Quietstill    450

I also would like to add my voice and say how important this column is.  The posts I have read, the questions I have asked, were always answered promptly, professionally, and with common sense backed up by what scientific 'best practice' literature was available.  An invaluable and rare resource.  The ask the nutritionist feature gave PwP and CGs a way to exert control in their own life for the better.  Would it cure PD?  No, of course not.  But then again Doctors and Pharmacists cannot do anything but manage symptoms.  The Nutritionist was a source of small incremental things that had the possibility of hope, and could not harm.

As an example of how helpful this column was, when my DH took an inordinate amount of C/L by accident, I was terrified waiting by the phone for a Doctor's call back.  Then I remembered a column that cautioned about dairy products sometimes interfering with drug  absorption.  My DH soon had a huge chunk of cheese in his hand while I waited by the phone.  Information is power, people caught up in the Parkinson's Dance have very few sources of information and power.  It is disturbing to lose one of the best.