helplinedonate

Anybody ever had a Myelogram done? I got to have on the 20th of May. They said something about looking at my neck with extension. They said something about using some type of contrast.

My first neurologist did one on my legs. I think it might have been to rule out something before he arrived at a PD diagnosis. It hurt.

Dianne

I actually did quite well with the Myelogram. They told me not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I was lifting my daughter that evening and she weighs 26 pounds, and I didn't have any trouble at all afterwards.

Honestly, it didn't hurt at all to me. They used a lot of Lidocaine on me. I did feel a little charge go down my left leg when they grazed the nerves next to the spinal cord, before they got into the spinal fluid. The only trouble I had was when they had to do 2 CT Scans, because of the anatomy of my upper back. I am very broad shoulder kind of person, so they tried a technique that worked in order to get the second CT scan to work, because they use the maximum amount of whatever they did with the contrast, and they almost thought it was gonna be a complete failure. The second time they tried this technique and it worked to get the contrast up closer to my brain.

Edited by devildog89us
  • Like 1