helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maral77

Now have a Chair Lift

4 posts in this topic

Our friends delivered DH chair lift today. Now at almost age 86 he is not good on change, set in his ways lol, does not truly understand how this is going to help him, and wants to just sit where he always has, which I always had to help him to get up. Now all he has to do is push the UP button and it stands him almost straight up where he takes his walker and away he goes. So as all change it will take some time I am sure, but it sure does a great job not only for him but for me also. As I was feeling it in my back having to help him get up.

Does anyone else PDP have or use a lift chair? I had a doctor's prescription for Insurance purpose and had not been able to go out to shop for one, now we got this for nothing and it is in excellent shape.

I purchased one about 18 months ago. It's great for those times when my legs just won't cooperate. If you get an order from your physician prior to ordering, Medicare will reimburse about $300 of the cost.

Dianne

I had a Medical Equipment that I could have rented one. Our insurance would have paid just for the motorized part of the chair not the whole chair. And when the time came that it was no longer needed, it could be returned as long as it was in good condition, no urine stains etc, otherwise would have had to purchase it. Now I will not have to go through our insurance and pay every month.

1 person likes this

Dad has one & he really liked it (although he wasn't at the point where he was having difficulty standing up), but in the last couple of months he's been refusing to sit in it.  He finally admitted that he couldn't figure out how to work the controls any more.  :(      My grandma (who didn't have PD) used one & it was really a help when she had trouble getting up.

2 people like this