helplinedonate

Hi Linda,

yes Op 16 no 3 is one of the songs I play from Alexander Scriabin, a Russian composer whose works were influenced by Chopin. 

I also play Scriabin's Op 11 no 15. And I'm going to try to finish working on Op 11 no 21.

my favorite is Op 20, second movement of his piano concerto in F sharp minor. I can play about 6 or 7 measures, but I mostly just listen to it. Scriabin wrote it at age 24.

-S

Well, all I can say is that I would not mind only one or two mistakes in such a piece!  I also liked that musician's playing of the piece.  Her hand went so fast at the appropriate places!

Yes, Linda, you have pinpointed one of an amateur's major difficulties in playing this piece.  Just before the music settles back into the peace of the cradle song again at the conclusion, there is that passage of incomplete triplets.  One note of each triplet is missing, replaced by a rest.  The other two notes are far apart, so the muscle memory involved is crucial to playing that passage.  The pianist's fingers have to leap to the right keys at lightning speed.  I'm still working on it but have to slow the tempo there.  The other really hard part is a passage in the middle, where there are six notes for the right hand for every eighth note of the left hand.  When a professional plays it perfectly, it sounds like a waterfall.  Sometimes my waterfall slows to a trickle.  :rolleyes:

J