helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
MurrayPD2

For those of you working...

55 posts in this topic

I really can't hide things.   I guess I am now more self-aware of things.  Before, I was doing the PD shuffle and didn't know how bad I looked.  I should be used to it by now.  You are right, I am not going to perfect in the future either.  I was watching re-runs of spin city the other day.  I thought that I resemble him at that time with little quirks.  Not that its horrible, but I had the thought that my future may look a lot like his today; but then there is DBS. I am going to find out where that takes me.  8)

Hi all,

I am new to this,congrats to all that kept on chasing their goals and the achievers,despite PD.Has anyone ever had to change careers due to PD, or apply for a new job? If so,did you inform your new employer about your PD before you got hired or after?Please share your experience.

My job here is somewhat based on PD because I was getting worse and I needed to be closer to family.  I didn't know it was PD at the time, but now I leak it out to those I work with.  My career outlook has changed a bit.  I am not going to be so competitive.  

I recently applied for another job and now I wonder if they will be as supportive as here.  Once I have things worked out with this company, it is a little hard to think of everything with a new job.  It certainly complicates things a little more.

I got lucky, turns out the job I started 7months before my Diagnosis is the perfect job to have with PD. For me at least. They have been very accommodating with schedule and we have discussed what changes we will need to make as things progress.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

1 person likes this

I got lucky, turns out the job I started 7months before my Diagnosis is the perfect job to have with PD. For me at least. They have been very accommodating with schedule and we have discussed what changes we will need to make as things progress.

Funny how things work out sometimes.

I guess I am pretty fortunate also.  I wish it wasn't 30 miles across the city, but they gave me a laptop for bad days and are very understanding. I had to bring up the issue, but they don't know what struggles I may have until I say something.