helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billfee@hotmail.com

rasagline generic?

8 posts in this topic

There is no new update. I did get in touch with the manufacturer's, all of the major pharmacies, and the 2 major secondary wholesaler's and all of them stated that it is not available yet.

Soon as I hear the newsbi will pass it on to you.

I have been hearing buzz about different dates, but from the beginning the February date is the one that has been solid.

Thanks for the information.

I hope this helps.

How long from generic release date till the generic exclusivity expires so more manufactures will enter the market and drive down the price? I suspect right after the release, generic price will still be close to the brand price.

You will usually see the generic price really drop when more than one generic manufacturer is producing it. If there is only one generic company making it, you will only see the generic medication be a couple of dollars cheaper. When more than one generic company is producing it is when you really see the price drop somewhat drastically. Each generic company is trying to get their market share, so you will see the prices fall.

I hope this helps.

Hi all, I thought I would mention that when my prescription arrived in the mail today, the Azilect was substituted by a generic Rasagiline mfg by Orchid Healthcare for Alvogen Inc.

I guess it's available now!

PatR

It appears to be available in certain parts of the country and the roll out is slow. it is mainly hitting the wholesalers where their territories have the greatest amount of Azilect users. 

If your store does not have it in stock from their primary wholesaler, make sure you ask the pharmacist if the can "special order" it through their secondary wholesaler. 

Also, if after you have tried the generic and do not seem to be getting the same results you can always ask your Doctor to write "DAW"  (Dispense As Written) on the prescription. This means that you will receive the Brand Name Azilect. Depending on your prescription plan, this may or may not cost more money.

I hope this helps.