helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
billybob123

Extended Amantadine Clinical Trials

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Does anyone have any experience with the extended release amantadine drugs being studied in clinical trials? Are any of these trials still enrolling new patients? 

I don't know about extended amantadine, but recently I started receiving amantadine by infusion - once in 2 week

I do feel the difference

I can stand without moving to the sides , pain in my thigh leg almost disappeared, more energy

Does anyone gets amantadine by infusion ? 

I don't know about extended amantadine, but recently I started receiving amantadine by infusion - once in 2 week

I do feel the difference

I can stand without moving to the sides , pain in my thigh leg almost disappeared, more energy

Does anyone gets amantadine by infusion ? 

Never heard of it.  What is the difference besides oral?

I don't feel that amant.pills make any difference

I was sure it would not work for me via infusion

I took it only twice, so maybe it is coincidence, but the change is obvious

I had to take my levo-carbo pill 2 hours ago - and I still can type :)  I feel some tension in mussels, but it is nothing comparing with the pain I would feel a month ago

maybe it is a trail - I am not sure, will ask my MDS - seeing her on March 14

Edited by Natasha
1 person likes this

I took Amantadine for 3 mos. Put me into manic mode and I had auditory hallucinations. Also, turned legs purple. When I stopped, within 24 hrs, no hallucinations or mania. It took about a month for purple to leave. Never occurred again in over 1 year.

When side effecrs ocurred, I called doctor amd 2 pharmacists who said Amantadine doesnt cause those symptoms. I researched" white papers" of trials etc and found,Amantadine does cause such symtoms. Since fhen I have met PWP who had same reaction. Must not occurr often.....

Just sayin'

Good Luck

NN

New normal 

my friend started taking am-n via infusion because she couldn't take it orally - because same problems with legs as you had.

she has no side effects while taking it via infusion and it helps her a lot.

if you are interested I can ask her to tell her story 

1 person likes this

New normal 

my friend started taking am-n via infusion because she couldn't take it orally - because same problems with legs as you had.

she has no side effects while taking it via infusion and it helps her a lot.

if you are interested I can ask her to tell her story

Natasha,

Welcome to the forum.

I smiled at your post...cuz we with purple legs always want a friend....lol. The forum welcomes new stories and active participation.

Seriously, it was quite a trip to hear radio stations and have deep purple legs......I felt I finally had fallen off the edge. PD is always surprising us...smile...

Many PWP take Amantadine and are happy with results. Another time that reminds us we are all different. We need to chart our own destiny. Combining the input from this forum with our own research ... and partnering with our physician... allows each PWP to feel control.

Thanks for contributing to the conversations. We need you.....AND Billybob (welcome, also)

NN

we can open a new thread - for those with purple legs - but pls don't leave me alone, take me too - I wlll be an exeption that proves the rule )

just want to say that it is possible that you can't take am-n orally but you can vie infusion - and it can be a great help

1 person likes this