helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Chihuahuastop

Rytary

Not only am I dealing with possibility of having young onset pd but my father in law lives with us and has for 2 years, He has PD and we have been taking care of him. So I have first hand experience with it. The doc started him on rytary and it's been about a month now he is having some hallucinations all of the sudden. Anyone heard of this kind of reaction to Rytary? Doc keeping him on it for now , we are monitoring. I guess it could just be PD????

My husband experiences hallucinations.  It started the afternoon he had surgery.  He was not taking Rytary at the time.  I've been told by his doc that it could be the result of medicine or the result of PD progression.  Either way, it stinks.  I would make sure he doesn't have a UTI.

It is awful. He has done it 4 days in a row. He just actually saw his urologist and it was ok, that was just perfect timing. I am so sorry you are having to deal with that too. They get so mad. He thought he had a third dog and we lost his dog. Thank you so much it's probably a little of both.

My DH has PD and has hallucinations almost on a daily basis. Also has them in the night. Claims he sees animals, people you name it and there is nothing. At night he thinks he is wondering around and cannot fine his way back. Then in the morning when I go in to dress him he will say I am loss take me home. Very scary indeed but have discussed this with his neurologist and it is the progression of PD. Right now he is going into the final stage in some aspects and in the 4th stage in others. I just nod and agree with him when he thinks he sees things, but the big concern now is that he does not actually try to get out of bed at night trying to find his way, this would be disastrous as he can only get around with his walker and could fall or try to get out side. Which has happened to many who have or have had PD.

Thank you for talking with me. I am so sorry you are hit hard with this disease too. I also worry about him going out at night he has done it to me once luckily i can hear him if he does and my big dog will bark. He just started having to use a walker. He has bouts of falling. He still has many good days i just worry about the one bad one that could happen. I bet it is progressing after talking with you guys. Thank you!!