helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
pdmanaz

Medical Marijuana

I guess I'm a little lazy and haven't put much effort into this, but is there a source for the cannabis oil in Florida, since MM is now legal here?

Something to note...

This link takes you to a store selling CBD products based on hemp. This is legal everywhere because it is not Cannabis based and no THC.

I didn't notice any benefits from it when I tested Hemp based CBD.

CBD oil based on Cannabis is preferred 

• Like 1

I don't see any CBD product on the website that is even close to $45 per month.  Which product were you talking about?

I don't see any CBD product on the website that is even close to $45 per month.  Which product were you talking about?

I didn't check the site prices. The girl at my Dr's office gave me the pricing for the e-cigarette option. I better confirm that pricing....

Well I had hope for my state of Kansas. There was a bill in congress "Canabis Compassionate Care Act" This bill would legalize medical marijuana.
Last week it got watered down to what is now called..Eliminating criminal and professional penalties for non-intoxicating cannabinoid medicine"
What does that mean??

While CBD is great, I think there is something to be said for "intoxication" (THC)
I wrote my representatives and let them know my disappointment. Kansas has these back woods reps making totally uneducated decisions and sponsoring bills that are totally lame.

At least it is a step in the right direction.

14 hours ago, wilsons66604 said:

While CBD is great, I think there is something to be said for "intoxication" (THC)

The best effect for me (for insomnia & pain) has been a THC butter, good for making cookies & cakes or even just adding to Ramen noodles. 

• Like 1

I spoke with my husband's neuro today about the marijuana. He told me that though it might work for some PD patients he did not think it was a good idea for my husband due to his cognitive issues and the hallucinations he has since the marijuana has a negative effect on cognition and it make it worse. 

10 hours ago, jetje said:

I spoke with my husband's neuro today about the marijuana. He told me that though it might work for some PD patients he did not think it was a good idea for my husband due to his cognitive issues and the hallucinations he has since the marijuana has a negative effect on cognition and it make it worse. 

This sounds similar to the "safe response" I got from my docs. They would only caution me about the generic and broad misconceptions of cognition and paranoia side effects (the Reefer Madness mentality).  Most doctors are clueless about marijuana so they provide the overly cautious answers.

I would ask...what is causing the cognition and hallucinations problems now?  Is it the medications? Could the marijuana help? Maybe. you never know till you try.
There are so many options and strengths now. It's no where near as harmful as L-Dopa!

I have used marijuana all my life. It did not effect my cognition nor given hallucinations.
In fact as I sit here, I am struggling with the light headed floating feeling from my increase in dosage of Nupro patch. It's worse than marijauna side effects.

EDIT: just to note that since I started on Parkinson's meds, my need to use Marijuana has declined probably 95%. There seems to be some correlation there.

Marijuana does help me and others.

good luck!

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 1

I believe the THC is beneficial also. There seems to be this mind set against THC because of the high that comes with it. The whole flower with all ingredients should be utilized. You can get strains with varying percentages of both. Sativa for mind and Indica for body. Education is the most effective way to medicate.

I tried electr.cigarette with 2 types of mm - and none of them made me feel better.

Do people need some time to get used to MM or it works from the first time?

In 2 weeks I am back to OR - want to try MM oil, maybe it will work better .. 

IMHO finding the right strain and the right balance detween CBD and THC isa major undertaking and probably wont happen for the majority of us until big pharma and doctors get involved. Until then its a poke in the dark.

I have a big bag of weed that I haven't even used for nearly 2 months. I just didn't get anything out of it, except a weird "high". I tried it for 8 straight days, but it didn't help me at any level so I just kinda forgot about it.

On my recent vacation to Colorado I used indica based THC  lozenges/patches along with CBD edibles at a 1:1and 2:1 ratio on the CBD side. I had wonderful results and was able to decrease my daily sinemet dose by 1 pill a day. I know everyone is different in their regime and reacts differently. It's a damn shame more emphasis isn't being put into this research from the PD community at large.