helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Waywrd1

C/L Manufacturers

Waywrd1    45

Who are the actual manufacturers these days? I know of Activas Elizabeth and Mylan. Who else?

Im going to trial other manufacturers in an effort to isolate possible allergens.

MComes RPH    180

If you could hive me a strength it would help me narrow down my results. Also, is it regular release or Controlled Released-CR (also known as Extended Release-ER).

Thank you

Waywrd1    45

I'm very sorry about your MiL.

25/100 regular release.

Do they make a anything less than 100? I've has really bad time since picking up my last Mylan 25/100 refill in mid-november- every side effect on the warning sheet, and some days were pretty intense. Thought about the ER a couple times.

In the spring I had the same reactions to Activas Elizabeth- but were much higher intensity almost immediately, and were like an opioid.

The Mylan wasn't perfect, and was slowly getting worse. Incidentally, I also had a positive ANA at 1.40.

So Im not sure if this last lot was bad, or what. Right now I've switched to 10/100 Mylan to see if it's the dye, the dose, the meds, the carbidopa or a binder. After 3 doses, I feel 85% better. So, I'm not sure. I'm also going to have an drug allergy/sensitivity and rheumatology complete work ups.

At whst point is the severity of the side effect actually a sensitivity/allergy? Any thoughts are hugely appreciated.

MComes RPH    180

Let's start with the easy question first. The lowest amount of levodopa is 100, they do not make any that is less.

The 3 companies that are slowly trickling out of the 25/100 are from activist, mylan, and teva. Yet in speaking with them I was told that they are trying to produce more to meet the demand and they are having trouble keeping up with demand.

When looking at the inactive ingredients of those three brands, they are all the same. So I think it would be best to have some allergic tests run to see if it could be a color allergy (like to red #6, yellow # 7 etc).

I look on a site called drugs.com and it shows a whole bunch of companies making it, but in reality there are only those few we spoke of.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

Peace    160

Hi Mark,

I just received a refill and received a different brand-for the third time.  The manufacturer is Mayne Pharma.  Frankly I'm upset and worried because I had no problems with Mylan, then they mailed me Teva.  I had some issues with upset stomach on the Teva but am now over that and was getting along fine.  Now I have Mayne Pharma.  What do you know about the inactive ingredients that Mayne Pharma uses?  Thank you for any information you can give me.

Peace

MComes RPH    180

From what I have read the inactive ingredients in Mayne Carbidopa/levodopa are the same or very similar as to what was in the Mylan brand.

MComes RPH    180

Hans55, the lowest strength of sinemet in the US is 10/100.

I hope this helps

i talked to someone at MAYNE, was told they bought the rights to the ACTIVAS brand owned by TEVA, TEVA bought ACTIVAS awhile ago..   so what is happening to the TEVA C/L made by TEVA remains a mystery, at least to me.  if you go to the MAYNE website, the old NDC is TEVA's NDC for the TEVA C/L's, not the ACTIVAS so maybe everything i know is wrong.

MComes RPH    180

This is how I understand what is happening. TEVA bought ACTIVAS and was producing both NDC,s of the C/L. Fast forward.....MAYNE bought the rights to produce the TEVA brand and are producing it under the same NDC. This NDC may change because the first 5 digits of the NDC (national drug code) signify the manufacturer of the medication.

FYI, the NDC (National Drug Code) is made up of a series of numer which look like this: AAAAA-BBBB-CC.

The sequence of A's represents the drug manufacturer, the sequence of B's represents the medication and strength, and the C sequence represents the package size that the medication came in from the manufacturer to the pharmacy (Example 100 count, 500 count, etc).

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Waywrd1    45

Mark- Oddly enough, I can't take but Mayne, causes the same problems that Activas does.  Mylan is still good, but have to take 10/100.

MComes RPH    180

Thank you for the information. When it comes to generics what works for one may not work for another. Make sure you keep a note of that in the list of medications that you should keep on you at all times.

I hope this helps.