helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
soccertese2010

TEVA 25/100 300% PRICE INCREASE

at least this is what my independent pharmacist told me.

do you think this is wholesalers price gouging finite supply since TEVA sold drug to mayne

http://www.drug-dev.com/Main/Back-Issues/Mayne-Pharma-Receives-FDA-Approval-Acquires-Portfo-1158.aspx

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/160727tevaallerganchart.pdf

This will be interesting if it happens due to all the heat the government and patients have put on drug manufactures for increasing the price of their medications through the roof. What you will probably see happen is that if you have prescription drug coverage that your insurance will only cover certain Companies due to the price. Of course every company wants to get the most amount of money as they can, but need to make sure they do not price themselves out of the market, which it appears might happen here.

One thing we have to remember is that there are multiple companies making this product. Competition will drive the price down. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

I wonder if that is why Express Scripts changed my last C/L shipment from Teva to Mayne.  

With price changes happening throughout the pharmaceutical industry patients may see that their medications may be changed to a lower cost alternative. This will allow for insurance companies to save their patients money.

If a patient does find that there is a certain generic medication that does work best for them, I suggest that they let the Physician know that so the Physician can write a prescription and specify on the prescription the medication and the generic company on the prescription. This way the pharmacy can fill it accordingly. Some insurance companies do dictate which medication they will cover.

My best suggestion is to contact your insurance company before bringing your prescription to the pharmacy, or sending it to mail order, so you can find out exactly what they will cover.

I hope this helps. 

my independent pharmacy can't get mayne c/l, out of stock at wholesaler and no date when they'll have some.  he also said price is more than 2x that of teva.  not sure what's going on here, hopefully there isn't a major cost increase cuz hard to believe 1 generic mfg could get paid 2x, 3x if there is competition.

so stump, it would be interesting to see what your copay was.   usually pharmacy dispenses cheapest generic so will be interesting to see if your copay was higher.

Many times the pharmacy has a set pricing structure with the pharmacy. I will usually recommend that the patient call their insurance company with the specific information on the prescription in order to find out how much their copay will be. This small step can save you time and possibly money.

I hope this helps.

my independent pharmacy can't get mayne c/l, out of stock at wholesaler and no date when they'll have some.  he also said price is more than 2x that of teva.  not sure what's going on here, hopefully there isn't a major cost increase cuz hard to believe 1 generic mfg could get paid 2x, 3x if there is competition.

so stump, it would be interesting to see what your copay was.   usually pharmacy dispenses cheapest generic so will be interesting to see if your copay was higher.

My co-pay was no different between the Mayne and Teva generics.  If I mail-order through Express Scrips it's $20 for a 3 month supply for any generic drug.  However, I've been on Rytary since mid-January, and got my last order or regular C/L I think in November.  So if co-pays for generic C/L have changed at all I wouldn't know.  I'm still waiting to hear back on the Impax patient assistance program to see if I'll stay with Rytary.  If they deny my application I'll be either going back to regular C/L or a CR version (or a combination of the 2).  

• Like 1

Stump, thanks for the information. Each insurance plan is different therefore each persons co-pay will be different. That is why I will always suggest calling your insurance before going to the pharmacy to get the prescription filled. Your insurance will be able to tell you exactly what your co-pay will be. This way you do not get sticker shock at the pharmacy. 

I spent most of my working career working for the largest drug companies in the world. Believe me when I say, not one of them wouldn't screw their mother to get ahead. The pay millions to public relations firms to present the imagine or a caring company, but believe me that they only are interested in meeting their projections. For the most part, their are assholes, one and all.

I had been talking Carbi/Levo made by. TEVA and was well regulated on that. Mail order sent me pills of a different company, Mayne, and I have found significant deterioration of my functioning. Has TEVA stopped making the drug or is it still possible to get it?

It does appear that TEVA has sold off their manufacturing of the carbidopa/levodopa to Mayne pharmaceuticals. From what I understand teh TEVA brand is still available at certain drug stores. When it comes to mail order it is a differnt situation. Mail order usually has a contract with the insurance company to dispense the lowest cost generic available. In a situation like this I usually recommend that the patient contact the mail ordrr company and see if the TEVA version is available. If it is not available through mail order, you may want to see with your insurance company if you have the option to pick up your medications at a local drug store. If it is an option, you can call around to the various drug stores to see if (1) if they have the TEVA brand in stock or (2) if they are able to order it for you.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted.

i can't get teva so i'm going to have to find another generic that will hopefully work as well.

teva owned Actavis so i assume MAYNE got the Actavis CARBIDOPA/LEVODOPA  and gave it a new MAYNE NDC and is only selling that C/L and the TEVA generic was put on the shelf?   If that's the case, they're  sure going to have some angry pd'ers.  i have tried the brand name sinemet and liked the teva generic better. 

http://www.tevapharm.com/news/teva_completes_acquisition_of_actavis_generics_08_16.aspx

here's the information page on mayne 25/100 C/L 

there's a picture of the bottle

label.

MANUFACTURED BY ACTAVIS  DISTRIBUTED BY MAYNE

Dispense in a well-closed, light-resistant container as defined in the USP.

Manufactured by:
Actavis Elizabeth LLC
Elizabeth, NJ 07207 USA

Distributed by:
Mayne Pharma
Greenville, NC 27834

40-9267

Revised — January 2016

I agree with you that this whole issue can be very confusing. When one company buy another, it is very simple. It is not always that easy when it comes to pharmaceutical companies. In this situation companies can buy what inventory another company has, they can buy the manufacturing rights (process) to the medications and basically make the same medication (but may use different inactive ingredients) in the same way, and lastly they can buy the whole process and inventory from another company and re-pack the tablets and sell them under their name.

I hope this helps straighten out some of the confusion.