helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Linda Garren

Just Interesting Things about This and That

10 posts in this topic

Thanks Linda, Thank you for being an island of positivity in a sea negativity. I try everyday to stay on the island. Your post are always helpful. So Thank you again.

Hello, Adam.  I only just now saw your post above.  I am so very sorry that I didn't see it sooner.  I've been without a laptop for a few months (long story), so I've spent probably a week altogether catching up with e-mails, and that's how I just ran across yours.

May I ask if the negativity you're feeling is mainly from the forum, or is it a more broad feeling? 

I've been reading and hearing how so many in our country are feeling the same way--plus feeling less connected in a real way with people, and not just by phone or e-mail, but in person. l thought that a very interesting concept.  I'm just mentioning that because I think it's something that can increase feelings of negativity, which of course can lead to depression, anger, sadness, loneliness...

If there is anything I can help you with, will you let me know?  I'd offer some comfort that can be found in reaching out to the Lord, but I think you are not into that, so I won't unless asked.

Take care, and keep in touch.  I'm sure others can identify as to the issue of being around so much negativity and so maybe will post here, too.  :-)

Linda

Thanks Linda. Glad you are back in action. I always try to stay positive and be positive for those around me. Some times the negativity just brings you down. With med fluctuations this can be challenging. So far I have been happier than I have ever been.

Blessings

Adam  

After the election I bought Bernie Sanders book"Our Revolution".It's a BIG Eye Opener.You can try and stay positive but it's not going to change the system becoming so imbalanced to the rich.The last time we had such disparity we got the Great Depression.Seems history repeats itself all to often.Detroit was once our wealthiest city today thanks to corporate greed it is one of our poorest with 65% of children living in poverty Our area has also been hit very hard.Most of the major companies like Kodak and Xerox have laid off most of the thousands of workers .Xerox has divested its wealth overseas to shelter from taxes.It can be reversed if people have to will to do it. 

Edited by johnnys
1 person likes this

I totally agree Johnnys, Rochester used to be the home of innovation, Lots of ideas grew out of this city. Now you have to work in health care or education if you want a ok paying job. It is sad to watch my history lessons come to life.

parrots talking photo  Photo: enlewof / cc

Across parts of Australia, reports have been pouring in of strange voices chattering high in the treetops -- mysterious, non-sensical conversations in English. But while this phenomenon is certainly quite odd, its explanation isn't paranormal. It turns out that escaped pet birds, namely parrots and cockatoos, have begun teaching their wild bird counterparts a bit of the language they picked up from their time in captivity -- and, according to witnesses, that includes more than a few expletives.Jaynia Sladek, an ornithologist from the Australian Museum, says that some birds are just natural mimickers, able to acquire new sounds based on things they hear around them. For birds kept as pets, these sounds tend to mirror human language -- but that influence doesn't cease even after said birds escape or are released back into the wild.

Once back in their natural environments, these chatty ex-pets eventually join with wild birds who, in turn, start picking up the new words and sounds. The remnants of that language also eventually gets passed along to the escaped birds' offspring, much like it does for humans.

"There's no reason why, if one comes into the flock with words, [then] another member of the flock wouldn't pick it up as well," Sladek said in an interview with Australian Geographic.

According to the report, 'Hello cockie' is one of the most commonly heard phrases feral birds are teaching in the wild, along with a host of expletives -- perhaps the last words those escapees heard after their frantic owners realized they were making a break for freedom.

Edited by Linda Garren
2 people like this