helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
DaynaE

Hand tremor while walking?

DaynaE    6

I know one of the main symptoms is a

"resting tremor", but does anyone else

have a distinct hand tremor while walking?

I first noticed my tremor about 6 months

ago at work. My right arm no longer swings

and I tend to hold it in an L shape at my side. ,

I noticed I get a severe pill rolling tremor

while walking. Has anyone experienced this?

DaynaE

Discovery    378

Hello..

My symptoms started exactly like that. Bent at the elbow while walking and no arm swing. Eventually I started my Tremor. I can stand with arms to side and Tremor (postural tremor) or at resting position or action like walking. No pill rolling just shake. I am definitely Tremor Dominant. .

D

Edited by Discovery
  • Like 2

PatriotM    799

In my case, certain things seem to make my tremor worse. Of course, my left-sided tremor is frequently present at rest. In addition, when I write with my dominant (right) hand, my left hand tremor gets worse. When I walk, the left hand tremor is frequently present. I force my arm to swing. However, if I don't force it to swing, it wants to be bent at the elbow and snap like a hungry gator. I call it the claw.

Edited by PatriotM
  • Like 1

Shakey 1    1

I get the hand tremors while walking too.  It makes walking uncomfortable.  I carry hand weights when I go out walking and it really helps.

• Like 1

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:42 AM

Hello..

My symptoms started exactly like that. Bent at the elbow while walking and no arm swing. Eventually I started my Tremor. I can stand with arms to side and Tremor (postural tremor) or at resting position or action like walking. No pill rolling just shake. I am definitely Tremor Dominant. .

D

Edited by Discovery, 03 February 2017 - 02:44 AM.

Hi there,

I have also been told that I have tremor dominant type Parkinson's . The MDS also stated that this type of Parkinson's does not always respond well to medication. I have been on Sinemet but does not have a significant impact. I've also noticed a constant need to move my foot since starting to take this medication. Anybody else noticed this?

• Like 1

Discovery    378

Hi Sandal,

I'm only on Azilect and have to date responded well to it.....

Azilect has very mild benefits while using as Mono-therapy

The Tremor Dominant is known to be the better Parkinson if there's such a thing.....slower progression..so I'm told!!

Cheers

D.

Edited by Discovery
  • Like 1

MusicMan    769

My right hand tremor also seems to act up while walking, but I have no problem with both arms swinging normally

• Like 1

Minna76    8

My symptoms are all motor & isolated to my left side. I have no arm swing, which was one of the first symptoms I noticed. I don't have a typical resting tremor, more like a "one & done" kind of tremor. I have noticed it acts up more during exercise and on occasion when walking.

• Like 1

otolorin    28

Hi everyone,

I hold my left arm bent at the elbow to my side also,no arm swing,with tremor when I force the swinging.No resting tremor.Slow or fast progression as regards tremor dominant or non dominant,has anyone read any article about the speed of progression of parkinson?I understand it is unpredictable.

• Like 1

MusicMan    769

Hey MM you're just a natural born swinger!!

Good on ya!!!

D

Hey...I resemble that remark...

• Like 1

Ollie    15

My right arm barely swings, and when I walk (or do anything active) my tremor gets more pronounced. I generally end up keeping my hand in a pocket whenever I walk, or I hold my phone in that hand and the weight helps. 

• Like 1

hercules957    108

My hand tremor is active when I start walking.  At first I would pick up a stone and roll it between my fingers and tremors would go.  I also hold my keys in the hand and play with them.  But after 10 min of rigorous walking the tremor stops.

• Like 1

LAD    202

I constantly move my arms and hands....I tremor when I exercise but you have to keep using your arms and hands.....use it or lose it... aerobic exercise makes your heart work and improves oxygen  and bloodflow to the brain....helps muscle memory....aerobic activity is good for you....shake it til you make it!!!

• Like 1

DaynaE    6

Thanks for everyone's responses. I thought it was strange

that I rarely have a resting tremor, but get a major thumb

tremor when walking. Nice to see I am not alone in this.