helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Mizsmitty

A year& a half after dbs

Mizsmitty    1

Hi,

I had dbs August, 2015. Definitely helped with tremors and dyskinesias. I have struggled ever since, however, to get meds right. It's a constant problem. Also, I sleep far more than before. Just wondering what others have experienced.

Thanks in advance!

Oakman    39

I'm one year behind you - unilateral GPi DBS August 2016. I am doing well with slightly less meds. Gait and dyskinesia are much improved. However, I can tell the disease is still progressing. I slept more before the surgery.

coacht    95

My wife is doing well with the DBS. Her biggest problem is she broke her leg at the ankle a year and a half ago and that has really set her back. She didn't use the broken leg (her PD affected side) and now her good leg is worse due to overuse and not stretching it.

TexasTom    706

Still adjusting voltage levels, just three months since DBS turn on (11/09/2016).

Reduced meds. No freezing; left side almost zero tremor; right side still has tremor (currently low voltage settings, adjusting slowly).

Way too easy to fall over first thing in the morning. I do not feel still, no dystonia issues, so tend to forget I have issues, get up fairly quickly and over I go!

Work in progress.

• Like 1

janvier    4

I had bilateral STN in 2013. The programming done at the start did not work as it should. Then one year later my Neurosurgeon acting upon my continuous complaints attacked the problem again and he had to start right from the beginning and reprogrammed the IPG. Needless to say we had more than 25 sessions of each one hour. Finally my two big complaints were solved. The leads are in the right place, but good programming is essential. Now I sleep more than usual and have a weaker voice. There are some cognitive problems and sometimes nightmares and oedema in the feet. But with the help of speech therapy, brain exercises, sleep regulating drugs and tight socks my Neurologist  and I think that I can win the battle against PD but not the war. I hope this helps.

• Like 1