helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john14505

Differences in c/l by brand

6 posts in this topic

Hi Mark

A few weeks ago I ran out of my C/l i got from the VA.The brand had a R239 id mark.I guess it was made by Activis.The new brand is marked CL2 and supposedly made by Mylan.

Now I been struggling with these myoclonic jerks for over two years.They have almost disappeared now .I can"t get them going through fine motor activity.I wanted to let you know  if you heard from others.The only other thing I did was drop my .25 synthroid,I doubt it was the culprit as i had the jerks before.

I have heard of this happening in other patients before and it is one of the more common side effects of C/L. The origin, cause, and incidence is unknown but presents itself as twitching or uncontrolled movements of the arms, hands, and legs. It can also affect the face, lips, and tongue. It is not inclusive of just these parts of the body and can include other parts of the body. This issue may also have have an episode of stiff muscles associated with it. This is something I just wanted to make you aware of.

I hope this helps and keep me posted.

1 person likes this

JOHN14505 -- Can you clarify which you thought was the better generic,  Activis or Mylan?

Dr Comes, 

Would it be permissible for you to tell me which generic sinemet you see the fewest complaints about and that you see the most complaints about?  Also,  my CVS says that they can order any brand generic that I want but that they typically carry TEVA.  ???  I thought TEVA had been sold to another company (????)    Bottom line is that I'm going on Medicare in July and must find a generic.  I started taking generics about 9 years ago when I started C/L but  had to switch to brand labels because of prohibitive costs.  Can you make any suggestions as to what I might try first?  I've also heard that the doc can write Medicare and ask for label approval -- but  if granted, do you know how much it would cost??  Thanks for any help/advice that might help!  And thank you once again for all that you do.

The generic company that I have heard the least amount of complaints and has also worked the best for me. It may differ from patient to patient and if someone does need to switch generic companies, they may only have to make minor changes to the regime (such as timing as far ass when to take it ti limit the "off" experience.

As far as the cost of the medication once you go on Medicare will also very from patient to patient. Each Medicare patient will have a particular Medicare Part D (D for Drugs) from which to choose from. Once you find out who the Medicare Part D company is, You should call them and find out (1) which generic brands they will cover, (2) do they cover a 90 day supply (if so, is there a price break for receiving a 90 day supply as opposed to a 30 day supply, (3) how much will it cost for a 30 day and a 90 day supply (if it offered), and lastly find out if you are able to get your prescriptions filled at your local pharmacy or must you go through their Mail Order pharmacy.

I hope this helps and please keep me osted.

If anyone could help KLMDOC it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.