helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
DaynaE

Sensitivity to light, onscreen movement?

DaynaE    6

For the past two days I have had great difficulty with sensitivity to light. Had a hard time driving to work due to brightness. Once I got there, walked into the darkened dining room and my eyes had a hard time adjusting, and again when I walked into the brightly lit kitchen. As a server, I am constantly going from kitchen to dining room, and I had to stop and focus each time, and keep my eyes mostly closed in the kitchen. Otherwise waves of dizziness came over me. 

Also for the past several weeks I have had problems with playing Bowling King and other games. Movement on the screen makes me feel like the room is spinning. I had to close my eyes or look away.

Looking at a comuter screen, tablet or phone is very hard too. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

otolorin    28

Hi DaynaE,

I sometimes experience the same symptoms you described above with my eyes.While driving,I try not to look directly at the sun and sometimes I wear a protective sun glass.You can buy a screen cover to reduce the glare from your computer or tablet.Please confirm with the doctor as regards your symptoms.You can ask Dr Okun,

wilsons66604    35

Let me start by saying I am awaiting a call from a Neuro Optimologist to schedule my first visit. My eyes are never in focus.

Lights Lights Lights! I am obsessed with lights. I told the dear wife the other day that I am sensitive to lights and need to keep them as low as possible.

This was brought on by my complaints of her turn EVERY light on in the house (I lost count of recessed ceiling cans). I feel like I am in a basketball arena!
I've purchased many of the automated lights so I can use my phone to dim as needed (simplified description)
We can tell Amazon's "Alexa, turn on the living room" "Alexa dim the living room to 10%"

So...
Yes, I have sensitivity to light :-)

GypsyGold    2

Yes, I experience the same thing, it started years before dx and has grown steadily worse. Nothing found wrong with eyes particularly other than slowed blinking, just very slow to adjust to changes in lighting or tracking a bright object on TV or a computer.  I keep everything dimmed inside the home (not hard for me as live in a tiny old miners shack which only has two small windows!). I did hear somewhere that wearing blue tinted glasses might help with PD but don't think anything is proven and I haven't tried it yet but am going to order some blue sunnies now I'm reminded to thanks to your post. Here's a basic link about it which might be of assistance: The Blue Light Mystery & PD 

Dancing Bear    78

PD impacts the autonomic nerve system (the nerve functions that happen involuntarily in the background) which affects things like urology, blood pressure, breathing, and eyes/pupil adjustments.  Perhaps light sensitivity is a result of this?  Check it out.  

DB