helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
IdleAir

Parkinson Glove Experience

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is a student from Pratt Institute. I'm currently working on a small project about wearable technology for Parkinson. I'm not here for collect any personal information. It will be really helpful if anyone can share with me some experience with the existing glove to suppress the hand tremor. It is not a heavy scientific based project, I just hope to know how the costumer really feel about those products. Thanks!

I'm unfamiliar with a glove to suppress hand tremor in Parkinson's Disease.  Tell me more  about the product and perhaps supply a video and I'll supply you any info I can.

3 minutes ago, Rogerstar1 said:

I'm unfamiliar with a glove to suppress hand tremor in Parkinson's Disease.  Tell me more  about the product and perhaps supply a video and I'll supply you any info I can.

Something like this 

Which uses the gyroscope stable to minimize the minor tremor. 

Or something simple like this

Which is just adding weight and constraint. 

This device would not work for me.  Were I to suppress a tremor In one hand my entire arm would begin to act up launching the spoon  and its contents.  Dining when medication is working optimally or adding water then drinking it  is a better bet.  Wear a bib.  

9 hours ago, Rogerstar1 said:

This device would not work for me.  Were I to suppress a tremor In one hand my entire arm would begin to act up launching the spoon  and its contents.  Dining when medication is working optimally or adding water then drinking it  is a better bet.  Wear a bib.  

I see. Thanks for the information!

FOR GENERAL READERSHIP:   I recently discovered homemade smoothies concocted by blender from  orange sections, bananas, strawberry daiquari concentrate, cider, pears, kiwi fruit, broccoli and lime, lemons and  vanilla yogurt.  (Or combination thereof).   Limes provide the nicest little kick and after taste.  M-m-m-m, goes down easy and clean-up is a breeze.  Contraptions such as you've depicted would drive me batty!  :unsure:

Edited by Rogerstar1
1 person likes this

I'm actually wondering if anyone has heard of any device that mimics Parkinson's tremors, allowing other people to experience what it is like to have Parkinson's tremors. Anyone hear of anything like that? I think it could be a great way to raise awareness.

30 minutes ago, Benyamin said:

I'm actually wondering if anyone has heard of any device that mimics Parkinson's tremors, allowing other people to experience what it is like to have Parkinson's tremors. Anyone hear of anything like that? I think it could be a great way to raise awareness.

Would anyone want to experience this just to know what it's like and more importantly pay for something like this just for curiosity?

Rogerstar1 --

I was with you on that smoothie recipe until I got to the broccoli.  Broccoli?  Was that just a test to see if we were reading the whole thing, or is there really broccoli in your smoothies?  Of course, once a cook gets started with a blender, it's possible to hide almost any ingredient in there!

J

This is a clever & interesting invention.  I guess we will find out in the next few years how the product does.  I wish the company that is developing the gyro glove best of luck!