helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
LAD

A little something to think about

23 posts in this topic

You are right but it so hard when PD effects everything

1 person likes this

Yep it does. Life will be different but it can still be good. Half the battle is believing in your fight and that what you are doing is working.  Find the weapon of your choice.....diet, supplements, exercise and fight PD. It's not easy but to me failure is not an option. I refuse to quit.

Don't get me wrong ...it stinks and I hate it but I'm going to fight it!

Edited by LAD

Hi, LAD.  It's so nice to have you with us as part of our "family."  :-)  Welcome.

1 person likes this

LAD…..FYI personally I'm having one of those "bad" days. Seeing what you've written on the forum is up lifting, and we all need to support one another. Nice timing and thank you. For better or worse I'm headed out to exercise. It's a mainstay of my diet to combat PD. So maybe your message will "pay it forward" through me to someone else. Who ever you are if you're  contemplating exercise but not quite there yet……do it for the ones you love and those who love you. A bad day of PD with exercise is better than a bad day with PD without exercise. :)

2 people like this

You go papa57! You made my day! Keep fighting - one day at a time! But I am sorry you were having a "bad" day,

LAD

Edited by LAD

LAD,

I agree with Papa that you have inspirational messages and quotes.  I hope you're well, too!  How nice of you to think of me since I'm not a member (no dx). 

1 person likes this

33464725293_f2b10ea79f.jpg

sorry-had to do it! Made me laugh out loud!

2 people like this

Lad, your positivity is infectious. Keep it up.

I often tell people that I am happier now than I have every been. I have a whole view on the world I finally know why my body reacts the way it was. I will live to my fullest potential every chance I get.

Blessings

1 person likes this

Thanks! Funny thing... I gave up FB for Lent and decided to try to reach out to others who may be where I was 2 years ago by posting in the forum. It has ended up helping me. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not all sunshine and roses. There are times when I get downright pissed. But quitting just isn't an option for any of us! 

LAD

Edited by LAD

As Parkinson's Awareness month comes to an end....this sums it up for me. It could only be better if it also said "my wife-1"

34239850961_e482a5ddb8.jpg

LAD

I am a big fan of Brian Grant and his foundation and his power through Parkinson's project! Sorry the picture is so big😬

34602735045_c8cb7b7cc6_b.jpg

You're a sweetheart, LAD.  Thanks for bringing so much encouragement to us and for being such a good example of how to live the PD life.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

You're a sweetheart, LAD.  Thanks for bringing so much encouragement to us and for being such a good example of how to live the PD life.

Thank you...This forum helps me as much as it helps you. The fact that I almost have my own thread going cracks me up:) 

A little quote...

There's an idea I came across a few years ago that I love. My happiness grows in direct proportion [to] my acceptance and in inverse proportion to my expectations. That's the key for me. If I can accept the truth of 'This is what I'm facing -- not what can I expect but what I am experiencing now' -- then I have all this freedom to do other things.

MICHAEL J. FOX,

LAD

Edited by LAD

I sure agree with MJ Fox's quote.  Acceptance is such an important trait that makes for a happier life both for ourselves and those with whom we interact. :-)

1 person likes this

I was reminded today of the beauty of my ADHD son....Upon striking out at baseball by looking at the third strike which is a no no in baseball...he looked at the pitcher and boldly replied "that was a great one!" Sometimes the unfiltered ADHD kid gets it right and calls it like he sees it.