helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

New normal    1,275

So....we have plumbers this morning in the front part of the house........I'm in the open shower in master bath.....DH walks in and says "Hi"....  

I STARTLED so much I thought the end was near!

Please show a little sympathy for us startle likely PWP.   However, it was an easy and quick way to get laugh of the day out of DH! (Smile)

NN

you have a startle episode?  Please share...or I will look silly.

NN

• Like 2

TexasTom    716

I went shopping. In my mind I'm repeating eggs, whipping cream, baking powder. Just three things, I should have written them down, but just three things so I got it. Park the car at the far end of the parking lot, place was packed. Three things, that is all I have to remember.

Truck backed out suddenly, startle reaction, fell over (remembered to tuck my head in).  Got back into the store and came back with Ice Cream, coffee, and baking soda.

My wife now writes out the shopping list.

• Like 6

Peace    160

I've had an exaggerated startle response for years before diagnoses.  My mom always told me it was a sign of a guilty conscience.  Makes me laugh now but at the time she could have been right.^_^ 

• Like 1

New normal    1,275
On 4/12/2017 at 4:32 AM, TexasTom said:

I went shopping. In my mind I'm repeating eggs, whipping cream, baking powder. Just three things, I should have written them down, but just three things so I got it. Park the car at the far end of the parking lot, place was packed. Three things, that is all I have to remember.

Truck backed out suddenly, startle reaction, fell over (remembered to tuck my head in).  Got back into the store and came back with Ice Cream, coffee, and baking soda.

My wife now writes out the shopping list.

So funny! 

Having the startle thing is really not funny but it makes others laugh...unless it is DH.  I forget he's in the house and jump out of my skin and scream when he enters a room....which makes him jump more.  He says he ...or I...will have a sudden death moment if it continues.  So now..when I scream I break it into a song that says..."it's not your fault...i know you live here...and you have every right to come i to the room..".  I keep singing until he calms down and I calm down...oy!  

Clerks in stores...even babies near me...it is so,embarrassing....its not a big deal if it brings a smile to someone...which Tom, your story gave me a real lol...thanks for sharing.

NN