helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Dancing Bear

PD Awareness Month ..have any good materials?

Dancing Bear    80

Hello Forumland,

Hope you are having a "winning day".   Does anyone have a good website or document on PD and PD education that you would post to Social Media or send as an attachment to family and friends in the name of PD awareness?  Could you post it here? Looking for something concise and informative.

Thanks in advance!    DB

Beau's Mom    1,060

I just listened to a free Parkinson's Foundation ExpertBriefing titled Is It Related to PD? Runny Noses, Skin Changes and Overlooked PD Symptoms. It will be available for viewing on April 25 at www.pdf.org. It was very informative about all aspects of PD.

Dianne

• Like 1

Feisty Folder    162

I wouldn't call it consise or informative but this is what I posted on my blog April 1st:

Happy Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month

April is national Parkinson’s disease awareness month, and since I have Parkinsonism I was planning on doing a big post.

A post talking about things like the early warning signs (like changes in handwriting), as well as some of its lesser known symptoms (such as trouble swallowing, losing your sense of smell, and constipation; Parkinsonism is the gift that keeps on giving), then end the post with the fact that yes you can develop Parkinsonism at 32 (your drs are just going to diagnosis you with migraines, myasthenia gravis, an aneurysm, strokes, and seizures before they get around to giving you a pill that makes you vomit twice a day; but hey, at least it takes away your tremors).

So I was planning on doing a fairly long post, but then my body went and decided to develop a large ovarian cyst (what can I say, my body does weird stuff; but at least I get great parking). In place of the post I had planned, I will leave you with what I would call my Parkinson’s disease charity, were I to start one:

Cure

Rotten

Awful

Parkinsonism

Michael J Fox totally wishes he’d thought of that acronym first!

• Like 3