helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Lorit249

Question about Loss of Smell

swva    81

Same here. I can smell some things and others that should have a strong smell I cannot. 

DaveN    430

My sense of smell was reduced to only rancid odors. A port a potty, cigarette smoke would make it through but the smell of a rose or a great meal cooking in the kitchen were not to be. I have been taking C/L for a Couple of years now and I'm happy to report that some of the nicer odors are being processed once again.

dave

New normal    1,275

DH has no sense of smell.  He feels texture...like a heavy smoke.  Before PD we thought it result of years of welding in ship hulls or years of firefighting.  He does smell an awful odor as an aura before a migraine....a neurological thing.

Feisty Folder    162

I can smell better than anyone else  with PD in my support group, says the pathological competitor. *We just won't talk about the fact that I lost to every single caregiver in attendance*

stump    466

There are some things I smell very well.  Windex is one.  But lots of things I just don't smell unless they're super strong.  That list includes bleach, dirty diapers, and rotting food.

MurrayPD2    219

I was just wondering the same thing.  My wife was taking me to work and all of the sudden she seems annoyed.  I ask what is wrong and she says "You can't smell that?".  I tell her I don't smell anything.... it was a skunk road kill smell.  I sniffed, but didn't gather much.  I come to work and smell a strong perfume/cologne smell.  Why?

I notice some days I can really smell the herbs in our pantry when I open it.  Some days I either don't notice or don't smell it. When I lost my sense of smell, I had young ones and I normally would not pick up on the diaper smell, but my wife would have her eyes watering.   I thought it was coming back, but it has been off and on.