helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
sun and sun

Mucuna Pruiens

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I was just newly diagnosed of YOPD early this year. It's really really shock to me. I started to see a neurologist and was prescribed of Azilect (1mg). Seems better after taking medication. But still feeling soreness over left shank and mild hand tremor over left hand at times. Then I tried to take Mucuna Pruiens (a kind of health supplement), I felt a bit better. Does anyone know the effect of taking it in early stage? Besides, I'm not sure what's the dosage I should take. Thanks thousands for your advice!!  

I tried Mucuna but it made me to jumpy at a high enough dose to have good benefit.  Low dose 400mg did help some  but when I increased to 800mg my anxiety flared. It does help support dopamine cells though and is safe to take IMO.  There are a few pub med studies on it if you search which shows it is effective for PD and safe.  If it is of interest here is my supplement protocol which has really helped me (put together with help from two amazing naturopaths who treat just PD)

https://pathwithpaws.com/blog/2017/02/18/using-supplements-to-treat-young-onset-parkinsons-from-lrrk2-mutation/

1 person likes this

May want to post this in ask the pharmacist forum...may get more feedback 

Hi! I use macuna Ldopa by NOW 15% .

I am taking it from october 2016 NOW macuna l-dopa capsules 15% 4-5 capsules during a day + mirapexin 0,7/3 times a day + PKMERZ amantadin 1mg/3times and feel good

dz 2012  by datscan , first simptoms -2008 , no tremor femail 50 years old

6 months ago stop azilect because of feelling baD

have a nice day! Tamara

Thanks Tamara!

Yes, I also take the NOW 15%

So you are now taking 480-600 mg for 4-5 capsules, aren't you?

is it a prescribed dosage by pharmacist or doctor?

Besides, have you (or anyone) tried fava beans as well??

Edited by sun and sun
Supplementing info

Hi! It is not doctors advice. Doctors ignore mucuna and fava beans, they reccomend only drugs))) I decided myself and found this dosage. Very small. I have never tried fava beans. You can also  try coffein and curcumin in curcubrain. It really helps.