helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Pathfinder

How hubby managed during an emergency

Good evening everyone. It all started at the Cardiologist office for my staying healthy check up. My BP was up, no stress for me, how did that happen? Lol! She changed my BP Meds, yesterday was my first dose. Took the Meds and off to McDonald's for a cup of coffee and to read the paper. Ten minutes in l start to feel hot, nauseous, knowing l could pass out. I walked a few feet to go to the restroom for a cold splash but didn't make it. Passed out, landed on my hip-tailbone. When l came to someone had put me in a chair and cold compress and the EMT's were on their way. My blood pressure was 70/40!!! Clearly too much Meds!

During this all hubby seemed pretty good in dealing with it. I gave my car keys to a friend and he promised he would get him safely home .  Hospital testing, CT scan all good except for a UTI. My SIL brought hubby to the hospital and my daughter was there as well. You will not believe what hubby did. He convinced our friend to let him drive and the friend could follow. My God he drove. After 16 months of not driving, angels were with him for sure. You can image the conversations we had over this. He thought it was a fine thing for him to do, like why not? I keep both set of keys with me at all times but in an emergency response just blew his never driving again out the window.

He was so stressed out from yesterday he couldn't sleep or nap. Today he is catching up on rest. My hip pain Meds made me sleepy too. We have much to be thankful for, l didn't break any bones, he got home safely. Forgot to mention, he did use his cell phone to call SIL and ask for a ride to the ER. He doesn't understand vascular dementia and how it imparts his thinking and other abilities.

When you get thrown a curve like we did, just so thankful today and sore!

• Like 1

Wow.  What a trip.  I am so glad it worked out; the angels were working over time!

Boy, the other big lesson is take care of yourself better.  I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir, we get told that all the time.  We know it, we live it, and it becomes another weight on our shoulders when people tell us that, yet life doesn't always give us the time to do so.  I am guilty of that myself, I found myself in the ER last year, and they wanted to admit me, but I declined against med advice, because I had several things that had to get done that day.  I got those emergency things done, and was back and admitted the next day for 24 hours.  Wow, stress is a killer, and it never ends.  Yet I know it's true.  So no extra pressure, just thankfulness you are okay, your DH did well, and life goes on.  No stress, right?  I'm off to mop the flooding basement... every 2 hours... too much rain, the water is seeping up from the basement floor.  Sigh.  DH is stymied by it.  No stress, right?

• Like 1

My mom's doc decreased her BP med by half last week.  She actually shouldn't have been taking any at all now that she's so underweight and her BP is low.  She told me it's only for when it goes back up so for now she's off them.   Well.. the less meds the better is so true.  She seems a little more aware of her surroundings and not so drugged out.   Medication are powerful stuff and can really make or break you.  So glad you didn't hurt yourself from the fall.  That must have been very scary.   As for the friend of yours who let your DH drive.. uh that was not a smart move.   Too much stress is right.   Take care.

I am in pain today, l had taken a few days of an anti-inflammatory to help with pain and inflammation. Docs don't want me to take it because of my kidney issues, l felt today how much it had helped. Thank you both for your support as always. My heating pad and l have a quiet evening planned.

Glad things are calming down a little.

--DH has compromised kidneys (I swear from PD), when pain and swelling becpme an issue, our Primary Phys has said to alternate one N-said then aspirin for the next dose as needed for up to 48 hours.  You might ask your Dr about the cost/benefit/risk.    It really helps here for inflamation.  I've been thinking a lot about you, and want to say in all facetiousness "Take care of yourself!!!"  (and yes, the damn basement is still flooding, I am taking N-saids myself as arthritic elbows don't like mopping).

Damn basement indeed!? I had taken Mobic Saturday and Sunday, told myself to not take it today. About four o'clock l was in misery, when it dawned on me how much it had helped. Promptly took Mobic and a pain pill, toasty with my iPad and heating pad this evening. I have awakened each morning around six in pain but not enough rest to start my day. I hate to take pain Meds!

i will take care and had I broken a bone I shudder to think of how it would affect hubby. He is not having a good day, he has two doctors appointments this week.

thanks for your concern ❣️