helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

Wow Luke you are very upset. I support Miracle because of the ongoing support she has given me through the years, I won't apologize for that. I don't think pitting people against each other in your dis take with Miracle is appropriate. I will support you as quickly when it's earned. We all need to understand that we're all at different stages, different head spaces and different approaches on this insidious decease. Chill out. We need all our energy to battle Parkinson's not each other.

D

Edited by Discovery
  • Like 5

Good post Discovery,let us all focus our battle on PD.Tough love is hard sometimes.I eperienced some tough responses when I first joined this forum.I guess due to apathy in PD our expectations from our future CG are usually high,when new to this disease.The fact that we are PWP does not define who we are.We are able as long as we think positively.Hope is on the horizon,and one day,there will be a cure during our life time.Everyone usually express views based on experiences,and experiences are different.Most of us here with PD might not need future CG with the current advancement in medical science.So peace be onto everyone.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, otolorin said:

Most of us here with PD might not need future CG with the current advancement in medical science.So peace be onto everyone.

What advancement in medical science?  Are we not still using the same "gold standard" drug (levodopa) for PD that has been used for decades?  The cure has been right around the corner for 50 years, yet the scientists still don't even know what causes PD.  Has there been even a single disease modifying drug discovered in the past 50 years?

The cure is right around the corner and the check is in the mail.  LOL!

• Like 1

Anxiety is another common symptom of PD.  And it seriously exacerbates cognition and verbal skills. I found that going on an anti anxiety Med my verbal skills, memory and cognitive skills improved greatly. 

Chin up!

• Like 2

@PatriotM,

the main reason why Levodopa has been the gold standard in the management of PD for over 50years is due to lack of research funding over the years.But that does not mean ,there hasn't been scientific breakthroughs.Now you have  a new intervention like DBS,and lots of trials are ongoing to develop new medications and therapies.Currently you have more foundations, funding scientific studies.There is alot of trials currently in immunotherapy,stem cell,genomics and herbal remedies e.g(medical marijuana).There is increasing global awareness for the need to find cure for most chronic diseases.Now that you have an increasing rate of younger,working age people beng diagnosed with PD and other debilitating disease,leading to early retirement.This somewhat affects the GDP of the nation.That is why you have a foundation like MJFOX and our ex VP is also helping with the cancer research funding.The increaising rates of disease conditions and scientific breakthroughs are signs of the times that cure is nearby.Believe me science is hard and if you don;t seek you don;t find.

I hope the original poster was not offended by my reply as a caregiver. I wanted to reassure him that it can work, meeting in the middle and talking issues with your spouse can go a long way like hubby and l have done.

Sometimes l want to reply to a thread and wonder if my point of view as caregiver is appropriate. Now, l do understand that l don't have PD, but my compassion for those people that deal with it daily, knowing it's cost to my loved one have my respect. 

• Like 2

We support but we also want to be truthful and speak from the heart.   If people don't want to know what COULD happen then so be it.   Pathfinder -  you have been nothing but genuine on this forum so don't feel bad.  I think you have been very helpful! 

• Like 1

It appears we've run off the OP.  That's too bad.  If he reads this, I hope he understands my comments were meant to help and if they sounded overly harsh I do apologize as I didn't mean to be too harsh.

5 hours ago, stump said:

It appears we've run off the OP.  That's too bad.  If he reads this, I hope he understands my comments were meant to help and if they sounded overly harsh I do apologize as I didn't mean to be too harsh.

Stump, he's been logging on. He's gone dark for the time being. He'll engage again if he feels the need.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:12 PM, miracleseeker said:

The bad apples of this forum always gets removed sooner or later.

And... it's done. Oops not talking about Shakes.   Please rejoin what you started.   We want to help you.  Come back.  :)

Edited by miracleseeker