helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Dancing Bear

Bible Verses....

Dancing Bear    78

Without any attempt to start a thread I post a periodic Bible verse that may be the source of some strength, comfort, or inspiration to my fellow "Parkies" in the best or worst of times as we deal with our challenges.  Feel free to add a verse if you wish for those so inclined on this topic.  It would be helpful if you mention what bible translation your verse is from if you do post.  Have a great week.  

Romans 8:35-39 (KJV)    Paul to the church at Rome

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Like 3

Linda Garren    725

LAD, I'm so glad to see you post here, and you posted one of my very, very favorite verses that I lean on a lot. 

Right now I'm so depressed that it's especially welcomed.

Hope you are doing well.

Linda

LAD    184
1 hour ago, Linda Garren said:

LAD, I'm so glad to see you post here, and you posted one of my very, very favorite verses that I lean on a lot. 

Right now I'm so depressed that it's especially welcomed.

Hope you are doing well.

Linda

mine too..sorry to hear you are having a rough time....I was given a book called Jesus Calling when I was first diagnosed.  It's a daily meditation...I highly recommend it.

LAD

• Like 1

Linda Garren    725

Yes, I have heard of "Jesus Calling" from many people who have really liked it and have found it helpful, as well.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Linda Garren    725

DB, I like what you have started here, as well as the verse you share which shows how nothing--nothing in this life nor in death--will separate us from God's love.  I can't imagine going through life without that very foundational assurance.  When depressed, it's like a life line for me to hang on to.

Peace    159

Great thread!  Thanks for starting it.

I know the following is referring to possessions but it still makes me stop and think before fretting over the everyday stuff---including my future with PD. Its been posted on my refrigerator long before my diagnoses.

Image result for Matthew 6:34

Edited by Peace
  • Like 3

Dancing Bear    78

Thanks Peace,

When I reread from Matt 6:25-34,  the theme seems to be that we ought to value the the eternal life ahead more than our worldly needs and desires regardless of circumstance.   We need to think about the fact that "Don't worry" is as much a command from the Lord as any other command. Multiple references to this topic are made in the NT.  Tough to do at times -- no argument there.

I keep meaning to ask if anyone has seem the movie "The Case for Christ"?  Is the movie as good as the book?  Please chime in if you have seen it.  Thanks,  DB 

• Like 1

Mihai    104

Nice topic!  One of my favorite verses is found in Isaiah 41:10:

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

I can't be worried and upset when I remind myself of that verse!

Encouragement to each of you...

Mihai

• Like 1

Linda Garren    725

Hello, Mihai.  I like that verse, too.  Thanks for sharing it.

And DB, I have one of that author's books out to read:  The Case for Faith.  He's well thought of, and his books have been a great help to people who would like to know of reasons why we believe Christ is who He claimed to be.  Thanks for posting about it.

Edited by Linda Garren

arnieb    35

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV):

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

It is sometimes very difficult to have a constant positive attitude and to be thankful for ALL things.  But these simple but profound instructions given by Paul are a wonderful reminder how blessed we are and to thank Him in everything.

To everyone - thanks for these wonderful verses.

• Like 1

LAD    184
1 hour ago, noah said:

love that picture where can i get one

try clicking on the picture if may take you to my Flkr account and you can download it or send me your email address and I"ll send it to you

LAD

Linda Garren    725

Another of my favorite verses:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6,7)

I work hard on this one, having to keep reminding myself of it often.  :-)

Edited by Linda Garren
  • Like 3

LAD    184
On 6/12/2017 at 11:08 AM, noah said:

love that picture where can i get one

Noah were you able to get the picture?

LAD

Linda Garren    725

Am posting this for urgent need of prayer for Rep. Steve Scalise who was severely, severely injured by the gunman in this morning's attack in D.C.  He remains in critical condition and has more surgeries ahead from the devastating injuries that the gun shot caused.  We need to pray also for his family as they go through this with him.  It must be terribly painful for them all.

Also for prayer are the other victims who were injured.*

From The Hill website today: 

© Greg Nash

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) is still in critical condition Wednesda night, and will be requiring more operations, according to MedStar Washington Hospital Center. 

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding," Medstar Washington said in a statement Wednesday.

"He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates," the statement continued.

Scalise was shot along with four others Wednesday morning at a park in Alexandria, Va. as GOP members of Congress held a baseball practice for an upcoming game against their Democratic colleagues. 

Authorities have since announced that the shooter, James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., had died after being shot by police. 

*From CNN this evening:

Matt Mika, a lobbyist for Tyson Foods and former congressional staffer, was also identified as one of those shot. He was out of surgery and in critical condition as of Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement from his family.

Edited by Linda Garren

Linda Garren    725

NN and Ginger, I loved what you each posted. Enjoyed further videos and music beyond those, as well.  Thanks for posting.

LAD    184

So I took my mom to the grotto today at Mt Saint Mary's in MD...we went to mass and here's what happened...

....the priest looked like he may have PD....his main homily message was there are forks in the road and it's easy to know God is with you in the easy path but we must remember he is with us on the hard narrow path...holding us...always 

• Like 1

Linda Garren    725

I am so, so grateful for all of the posts here which I just read through and am so comforted by.  We are so fortunate--so very fortunate--that by His grace He has given us the profound gift of faith in Him (Eph. 2:8,9).  It's wonderful to be a part of this thread.  Thank you for starting it, DB.

• Like 1