helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Dancing Bear

Bible Verses....

That is so true but sometimes I forget that 

thats when fear and self pity get the best of me

Yes, and I think that is part of our human nature.  One of the many challenges, but well worth the effort to keep close to Him.

"You will never be in complete control of your life. It just isn’t possible. You want to feel completely safe and secure. But even if you plan out every detail, the world will mess up your plans. So just stop trying to be in control. Stop trying to make your life completely safe and predictable—and boring! Instead, grab My hand and jump in with both feet." —Jesus Calling for Kids by Sarah Young

"Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don’t you see it? I will make a road in the desert. I will make rivers in the dry land." —Isaiah 43:19 (ICB)

#JumpIn #BothFeet #JesusCallingKids

• Like 2

Luke 19:10  Jesus says....."For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which is lost" (KJV)

Col 4:5-6   "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man" (KJV)

If Christians today are Christ's disciples on earth then it is up to us to be more Christ- like in every respect.   Our efforts at evangelism should reflect the same mission that Christ himself says he was on earth for if we are to be like him.  Easy to forget at times.

DB

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

— Matthew 28:19-20

• Like 1

This fell out of my book today....

peace- LAD

THE PRAYER
BE AT PEACE
(By Saint Francis De Sales)

Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are,
will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will carry you in His arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same understanding Father who cares for
you today will take care of you then and every day.

He will either shield you from suffering
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace,
and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

• Like 4

Beautiful, beautiful prayer composed from loving promises of Christ for those who place their trust in Him. 

Thank you so much for posting it, Muff.  

I found this beautiful video with ethereal music that the prayer is set to. I hope you don't mind if I share it.  :-)

https://youtu.be/CRhiuShh16Q

Edited by Linda Garren
Changed URL
  • Like 1

Grace........God's favor in the absence of merit.   Where would mankind be without it?

Ephesians 2:8-9  "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast." (KJV)

Grace......How do we access it?

Romans 5:1-2 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (KJV)

Justified..........just as if I had never sinned.

I read a commentary on grace the other day that amplifies the concept to me.  In Gore Vidal's historical novel based on the life of Lincoln, Vidal pictures a cabinet meeting when it was evident that the South would be defeated and post-war plans were being made.  When asked how he planned to deal with the rebels, Lincoln said, "I will treat them as if they never left".  That's grace!

DB

• Like 1

Words of pope John Paul II who had PD....

The pontiff continued in English, speaking in a slow but thoughtful cadence: “To be human, we can expect suffering. And God gave us that suffering for a purpose. Suffering and hardship brings forth character in man. It brings out the best in man’s humanity. It makes an empathetic person. It makes us realistic and less self-centered and helps us because of our experience to want to help others. 

• Like 1

Great quote, Muffet. I love how he succinctly describes so well what is beneficial to us through suffering. Thanks as always for sharing good stuff.  :-)

I've found perhaps the greatest benefit to suffering to be that it can cause us to call on the Lord for help.  There are so many, many verses in the Bible that tell us how much God loves us and wants us to be close to Him, as well as learn to trust Him through what He allows us to suffer.  I often think of the verse in the Old Testament that is such a sweet illustration of how He wants to comfort us and protect us from ourselves and keep us from suffering as a result of choices we make that are not to our benefit nor honoring to the Lord. The verse indicates that God wanted so many times out of love to gather His people as a hen gathers her brood under her wings (though sadly, they would not let Him).

And in the New Testament, we read, Through Him we have obtained access by faith into His grace and that therefore we can choose to rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans 5:2-5).

As Parkies, we have access to His comfort and love as we go through our difficult challenges, as well as the promise of growing stronger in character and in endurance to meet the challenges to get through each day. He sends His Holy Spirit to live in those who are His, through whom we are assured of God's love for us, as well as the assurance that some day we will be with Him for eternity, totally apart from suffering of any kind.  We know that suffering is only for a time.  And that the best is yet to come.  :-

God’s unfailing love for us is an objective fact affirmed over and over in the Scriptures. It is true whether we believe it or not. Our doubts do not destroy God’s love, nor does our faith create it. It originates in the very nature of God, who is love, and it flows to us through our union with His beloved Son.  ~ Jerry Bridges

One of the greatest evidences of God’s love to those that love him is, to send them afflictions, with grace to bear them.  ~ John Wesley

• Like 1

When You're Lonely, Where is God?

Pastor Rick Warren, 8/5/17

“The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death” (2 Timothy 4:16-17 NLT).

When you’re lonely, where is God? He’s where he has always been: right beside you. He is with you even if you don’t feel it. The Bible says over and over that if you have a relationship with Christ, then God is with you all the time. He says, “I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:20b NIV). He’s always with you. You’re never really fully alone.

A few years ago, Kay and I flew to Hong Kong to do a seminar for some of our missionaries. About halfway through the 17-hour flight, we went through the most horrendous storm. We were pitching and jolting. The plane was tilting, and everybody was getting antsy. They were obviously disturbed by the circumstances. The crew asked over the speaker, “Is there a minister on the plane?” I raised my hand. They approached me and said, “Everyone’s pretty upset because of the flight. Can you do something spiritual?” So I took an offering!

No, not really. But the people on that flight needed to hear that God is with us. For believers, it’s a promise that we can cling to in our times of fear and loneliness. Not only is it a comfort, but it also gives us the opportunity to get to know God better.

Loneliness is a time to become better acquainted with God. In your season of loneliness, you need to recognize God’s presence.

Amy Grant used to sing a song with the lyrics, “I love a lonely day; it chases me to you.” Prayer is a powerful antidote to loneliness. God has a 24-hour drop-in service. You can talk to him anytime, anywhere, anyplace, and he understands how you’re feeling when you say, “God, I’m lonely. I hurt! My heart is splitting. I am miserable. I feel empty. Help me, God.” You can talk to him anytime.

David says in the psalms, “Where can I flee from your presence?” Nowhere. You will never be in a place where God isn’t. If you’ve trusted Christ, he’s with you in your heart. Choose to refocus on that when you feel lonely.

Edited by Linda Garren

ESV
The Parkinson's cure I am looking forward to :)

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Shabbat shalom!

Thank you, jds, and peace to you, too. 

May I ask about your Christian ministry--what it is that you do, how you started, and how long you've been doing it?  I see that you are in Costa Rica.

P.S.  I look forward to that Parkie cure, too!  :-)

Edited by Linda Garren
Added P.S.

This is not always what people want to hear, but it does relate to why "bad" things happen - such as getting PD.

Ecc 9:11 I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.  - NIV

I haven't yet, but have been meaning to read the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  Everything I do know about him is very inspirational.  For those unfamiliar he was a Lutheran pastor that chose to return to his native Germany as WWII was breaking out because he knew that if nobody was there to resist Hitler that his evil would only spread farther and faster.  As a consequence of his actions he was imprisoned in a concentration camp and executed by the Nazi's I think a month or two before the war ended.

Hi, Stump.  If you do get a chance to read Bonhoeffer's writings, would you be able to take a few minutes every now and then to share with us things that impact you?   He is extremely well thought of, and I'm sure his writings would be so beneficial to all of us.  I know your life is packed full with things going on, so if you can't, we'd understand.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Linda Garren said:

Thank you, jds, and peace to you, too. 

May I ask about your Christian ministry--what it is that you do, how you started, and how long you've been doing it?  I see that you are in Costa Rica.

P.S.  I look forward to that Parkie cure, too!  :-)

Hi Linda...

Whew...It will be difficult to not turn this into a book. My wife and I were of Baptist background. In 2012 I really began to challenge how I understood certain Biblical doctrines. In short, I came to the conclusion that Jesus (Yeshua) did not come to change any parts of the law of God, but to teach it, along with dying for our sins, affording us grace. This would mean that I believe that commandments such as resting on the Sabbath, Lev. 11 dietary instructions, etc. are still for all in the faith today, and are there to bless us. This understanding came from beginning to look at the scriptures from a contextual first century Hebraic perspective.

I began doing some online video teachings with a close friend. The ministry really got more attention than we ever anticipated. I felt that we were to be doing ministry FT. I was working as a Black Belt Six Sigma Engineer at one of the top teaching hospitals in the U.S. But, we sold everything and moved the recording studio to CR to save costs. We have been doing that for about six years. We receive about 3 million video plays per year and we partner with four organizations to help the widows, orphans, homeless and drug addicted in various parts of CR.

Our doctrinal perspective often raises eyebrows and comes with a lot of front end misconceptions. It is quite a mind shift from common mainstream Christian theology in several ways, but the basics are still there (Saved by grace through our Messiah). But, if I have not scared you too much, the website is testeverything.net. The ministry is called 119 Ministries, named after Psalm 119. Thank you for listening and asking. May YHWH bless you and yours.

Hi, jds. Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your ministry.  It's a very interesting take on how to view the Bible as a whole rather than dispensationally.    And fascinating to hear how many have viewed your site.  You present it very well, and the site is set up and presented so well, also.  I plan to spend a little more time on it when I can. 

I sent you a devotional by PM that I read this morning that directly applies to your situation, but it wouldn't go through.  Is your mailbox perhaps full? 

Blessings to you and your wife for your dedication to the ministry, reaching out to people not only spiritually, but for your work with the four organizations you work with to help widows, orphans, homeless and drug addicted.  Your faith and dedication to the Lord shines, jds.

open.php?u=e98dfe39a3d349780b874ae8c&id=b041ce2bcf&e=645d0e162f

2 hours ago, Linda Garren said:

Hi, jds. Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your ministry.  It's a very interesting take on how to view the Bible as a whole rather than dispensationally.    And fascinating to hear how many have viewed your site.  You present it very well, and the site is set up and presented so well, also.  I plan to spend a little more time on it when I can. 

I sent you a devotional by PM that I read this morning that directly applies to your situation, but it wouldn't go through.  Is your mailbox perhaps full? 

Blessings to you and your wife for your dedication to the ministry, reaching out to people not only spiritually, but for your work with the four organizations you work with to help widows, orphans, homeless and drug addicted.  Your faith and dedication to the Lord shines, jds.

open.php?u=e98dfe39a3d349780b874ae8c&id=b041ce2bcf&e=645d0e162f

Thank you for the encouragement Linda...yes, it appears that the PM box was full, but it has now been cleared. :)

LAD-

I just love that song by casting crowns!!

PD is one big storm I am feel as if  I am in the eye of the storm lately.  My balance is getting worse and I have fallen a few times

In addition I am not sleeping and feel like a zombie all day!

Hard to praise him when I feel like that but I keep trying