helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Dancing Bear

Bible Verses....

4 hours ago, noah said:

LAD-

I just love that song by casting crowns!!

PD is one big storm I am feel as if  I am in the eye of the storm lately.  My balance is getting worse and I have fallen a few times

In addition I am not sleeping and feel like a zombie all day!

Hard to praise him when I feel like that but I keep trying

Look into tai chi and the yoga tree pose to practice balance. As for sleeping there are relaxation techniques. I will try to find them and send them to you. 

I tried to pm you but it's full so here are the links

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/sleep-hygiene/relaxation-techniques/

LAD

Edited by LAD

Romans 1:16-17  (KJV)  "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith".          (Paul's writing to the church at Rome)

John 17:17  (KJV) " Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth."    (Jesus praying to his father to keep the church pure)

John 8:31-32 (KJV)  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, " If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".

There are multiple references in the New Testament to the power and truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Belief on him and his commandments is a saving faith. We are justified by faith and obedience to the gospel.  A thorough study of Romans 3:21 and following  reveals any man is justified through faith in the redemption suffered by Jesus Christ without regard to the deeds of the old law.  

Hope all Parkkies have a "winning" week ahead.  To those involved in the education of our children at any level--administrators, support staff, teachers, and parents (education begins at home).........  my prayers go out for you for a safe and effective school year!  Everyone one of you is a role model that the kids look up to.  A very large responsibility!

DB

The following is an article written by Albert Mohler on the current goings-on in our country.  A very worthy read by this highly respected theologian in which your thoughts above are supported, DB (see especially the 3rd- and 4th-from-the-last paragraphs). 

http://www.albertmohler.com/2017/08/13/letter-berlin-lessons-history-heresy-racial-superiority/

• Like 1

I know each of you could probably write a book on your journey after all you've been through.  Here is one person's story and  resulting song she composed.  I hope you find comfort and encouragement within it, even though it is not a story specifically about PD, but about difficulties (really hard ones) we go though and putting perspective on them from a spiritual standpoint.

https://youtu.be/4mmgV6mPvb0

https://youtu.be/il9QpQlJvZY  (Song with the lyrics)

Listen to the story behind the song at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ljV_RA0CM

I have another person's story I would like to share at some point.

Edited by Linda Garren

STOP AND COUNT TO NINE   

A litmus test of maturity.  This is what is missing from cable news, from pundits and politicians and talking heads and blaring radios.

Dr. David Jeremiah, 9/22/17, based on Galatians 5:22-23

I’m often asked about the tone of our national discourse—a topic you and your loved ones may find yourselves concerned about, too.

Not since the Civil War, people tell me, has our nation been so divided. Well, I remember the riots of the late 1960s and early 1970s, and I’m not sure how to compare the social temperature of various generations ...

I have deep convictions about equality, fairness, charity, love, and sound biblical teaching on issues of holiness. My positions on various topics have been molded over a lifetime of Bible study and personal interaction.

But it isn’t enough to have biblical positions. We have to communicate them in a biblical way.

In recent months as I worked on my new book, A Life Beyond Amazing, I’ve evaluated my life and reactions in terms of nine words found in Galatians 5:22-23—love, joy, peace, compassion, generosity, integrity, self-control, humility, and patience.

These traits are the outgrowth of a Spirit-filled life, and they represent nine decisions we must practice if we’re to respond correctly to the pressures of a society coming apart at the seams.

I will show you how to effectively respond in tense moments by learning to count to nine. Traditionally, people are taught to count to ten, but nine will do nicely. Think of it as a “Countdown to Character” or a spiritual checklist to click through before you fly off the handle.

Along the journey, you will learn to ask yourself:

1. Am I demonstrating God’s love? Even the most aggravating people in our lives represent souls for whom Christ died, and our approach to them should be layered in charity.
  2. Am I spreading joy? Since the fruit of the Spirit includes joy, our cheerfulness should never evaporate under any circumstances. Our joy isn’t in our situations but in our Savior, and that enables us to pass along encouragement, even in dark days.
  3. Am I promoting peace? We must do our best to promote unity in our divided age. It’s not always possible. Jesus said, “Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division” (Luke 12:51). He warned us to expect hatred from the world (John 17:14).
  4. Am I acting with compassion? Compassionate people connect with the unseen emotions of others, exercising sympathy and empathy, understanding before seeking to be understood.
  5. Am I being generous? The word “generosity” makes us think of money and charitable giving. But benevolent hearts are generous in all things.
  6. Am I exercising integrity? The other decisions connected with the fruit of the Spirit are anchored by a solid core of integrity, purity, and biblical insight.
  7. Am I practicing self-control? When provoked, it’s the hardest thing in the world to remain calm and collected. Yet the Bible says, “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly” (Proverbs 15:1-2).
  8. Am I a humble spirit? Humble people don’t think of themselves as higher or lower than others. They don’t think of themselves as superior or inferior. They just don’t think of themselves very much at all—they consider the other person more.
  9. Am I patient? There is short-term patience, which means we don’t easily lose our tempers. And there is long-term patience—perseverance—which keeps us going for the long haul.

These nine questions—a litmus test of maturity—are what is missing from cable news, from pundits and politicians and talking heads and blaring radios. Few    people on social media stop to count to nine. As a result, we’re finding what it’s like to live in a society devoid of the fruit of the Spirit.

But as Christ-followers, we must interact with our culture in a way beyond amazing—and A Life Beyond Amazing will help you...

• Pause long enough to think through the nine choices you need to make, even in the heat of the moment.
  • Become wiser in your speech and behavior.
  • Have fewer messes to clean up—and fewer apologies to make.

(Please click on picture to open.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPg9b5_3w-Ov9I8GYEerfpspe_cDb1GxLrC6AmAP1DBAA3Cv-WCsixoXp8

Amazing conversation with Dr. Jeremiah, Kirk Cousins, Mandissa, David Green, and Bobby Shuller! Share this video with a friend:
www.davidjeremiah.org/site/television.as Amazing conversation with Dr. Jeremiah, Kirk Cousins, Mandissa, David Green, and Bobby Shuller

Edited by Linda Garren
Video added at end.

Beautiful, Muffet.  I've heard so many people lately quote from Sarah Young's books.  Her writings resonate strongly, and in just a few words, don't they.

Glad you are back home, safe and sound.

• Thanks 1

(Not a Bible verse, but related...)

"There is nothing

the body suffers that the soul

may not profit by"

----George Meredith

Edited by Linda Garren

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,  for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

— Deuteronomy 31:6

Mother Teresa once said,

“We have drugs for people with diseases like leprosy. But these drugs do not treat the main problem, the disease of being unwanted. That’s what my sisters hope to provide. The sick and poor suffer even more from rejection than material want. Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.”

The ultimate pain that Christ came to heal was the pain of being separated from the Father we were created to enjoy forever. The ache of loneliness we experience on earth is just a symptom of that broken relationship.

But through the Gospel, you don’t have to be overcome by the pain of loneliness – because you’re never alone! Just as He promised to never leave nor forsake the Israelites as they entered the Promised Land, so God promises to hold you close and go with you through every storm you face.

As Paul writes in Romans 8:38-39, Nothing in all of creation can separate you from the One who loves you and wants you to find your peace in Him.

So remember today that you’re not alone. And move forward in the confidence of knowing that your heavenly Father goes with you!

Prayer Challenge

Pray that God would drive loneliness from your heart with a fresh assurance of His presence.

SENIOR LIVING MINISTRIES--Oct. 10, 2017

• Like 1