helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Dancing Bear

Bible Verses....

This is a great topic/thread!  Thanks for the great posts!

A couple of my favorite verses:   Isaiah 26:3-4     You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

To help me keep my mind on God there are time it's important for me to read through and pray the 18 attributes of God defined by A.W. Tozer.   Here's a web link to them:  https://www.allaboutgod.com/attributes-of-god.htm                             If I can stay focused on the REALITY of our great God, and his promises through Christ joy is possible.

Another great source of encouragement is to listen to worship music on Youtube as much as possible.  I"ve "saved" something like 200 songs in a list that normally begins my every day.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, smalltownguy said:

This is a great topic/thread!  Thanks for the great posts!

A couple of my favorite verses:   Isaiah 26:3-4     You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

To help me keep my mind on God there are time it's important for me to read through and pray the 18 attributes of God defined by A.W. Tozer.   Here's a web link to them:  https://www.allaboutgod.com/attributes-of-god.htm                             If I can stay focused on the REALITY of our great God, and his promises through Christ joy is possible.

Another great source of encouragement is to listen to worship music on Youtube as much as possible.  I"ve "saved" something like 200 songs in a list that normally begins my every day.

Hi, smalltown.  We're always so glad to hear that the posts have been helpful to those visiting our thread.  Thank you for letting us know, and we hope you'll continue to contribute and participate!  

I can especially relate and understand your point of how very helpful it is to keep focused on the reality of the Lord and of His promises to us and how instantly calming that is when stressed out.  Every day, many times during the day, it's something I think about and lean on when I've accomplished only one or two things on my long list for the day. And great idea to start your days with worship music, too.

It's also nice to see you've contributed something by Tozer.  I look forward to reading what you've shared, and I know it will be good, and helpful.

May the Lord bless you and continue to provide so many things that are helpful to you and that show His love and concern for you.  I'd love to hear more of your walk with Christ.

A sister in Him,

Linda

Edited by Linda Garren
Brain hiccups and shaky finger mistakes.

Today's Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah

Tuesday, February 13

Recommended Reading: 2 Chronicles 16:9

Depending on who is watching, surveillance can seem threatening and invasive. But such “all-seeingness” is not new. God has been all-seeing, all-knowing, and all-hearing from the beginning (Genesis 16:13; Psalm 139:1-12; Matthew 12:36). How else would Jesus Christ have been able to send specific messages to the seven churches in Asia Minor about their practices and character (Revelation 2-3)? Those letters were very specific. Such letters can be a warning to us if our behavior parallels theirs, or a comfort in terms of Christ being aware of the price we may pay for serving Him. In either case, we should never doubt God’s awareness of the details of our lives.

Live today as an open book before the Lord—a life you are happy for Him to see and bless.

The heart is deceitful…It would deceive [God]—if He were not omniscient.

William S. Plumer

4be6a656-8f74-43bc-9c3b-3d01694d2ed6.png
831cc78e-6e0a-4188-8ce1-3223fffb14c4.jpg

outline-color-facebook-48.png
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” —African proverb

Daily Message

The life of faith in Christ is both individual and corporate. Each person has a decision to make about accepting God’s love through his redeeming Son. No one can make that decision but the individual.

Yet the body of Christ is made up of God’s children, those who have responded to God’s love by loving God in return. The blessing of the body of Christ is that we do not have to take this journey alone. We have each other. You are as important as anyone else. Poor or rich, lonely or popular, flip-flops or Louboutins. It makes no difference. You have dignity and honor because God has put his mark on you.

The people of God need you. You need the people of God. And for the body of Christ together, all things are possible through Christ who strengthens us on this incredible journey.