helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
MurrayPD2

Anyone else have this issue?

7 posts in this topic

Toward the end of the day, when I have taken just about of my C/L, Entacapone,  and Amantadine; I am getting spasms in my neck and arms.  it feels like it radiates from my lower neck like a electric impulse (no pain).  It is hard to talk and can affect my jaw.  Obviously I can't drive at that time because I can't trust my arms.  It can last about an hour.  it used to happen rarely, but recently more often.  I don't know what is causing this or if it is known, what it means, etc.. 

I am just looking for someone that may know something about this.  It seems atypical to me.

1 person likes this

I get an electric like feeling in my arm near my elbow some mornings. It doesn't cause my arm to move or anything, but it feels like current running through my muscles.

Take the same medications.  Had somewhat similar experiences before C/L, but not since.  I've heard some people call it dystonia, dystonia storm or Myoclonus dystonia.  I don't know, just glad they're gone.  They would really cause me bad muscle fatigue.

I looked up myoclonus and found some sites that describe exactly what I am experiencing According to this; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1414/ ,  I should go have a drink.  This article does connect PD and Myoclonus:  https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Myoclonus-Fact-Sheet.  So, it explains PD may be the underlying cause. 

It actually happened once before I was even treated for PD (but I thought it was Lipitor I started at the time), so I think I can rule out PD meds.  It may have been happening a while, but I may have been ignoring the minor issues and only noticing major episodes.

Edited by MurrayPD2
1 person likes this

Wow, Murray, you found some good information. 

While reading the pages you found, I read that hiccups are included in this condition, too.  Didn't know that before.  Hadn't really thought about it before.  In the last couple of years, I began experiencing attacks of real violent hiccups.  Like nothing I've had before or seen in others.  Almost like an abdominal spams that is so strong it almost doubles me over.  They really hurt.  Seems the swarm can last up to about 30-minutes.  Muscles get fatigued as if they've done thousands of sit-ups.  Of course, never researched the cause during the episodes because I can't really do much but hope my breathing continues, and once they're gone, I get distracted with something else and forget about them. 

Naturally, I also forget to report them to my MDS.  Now I guess I'll have to tell him. 

Rats.  I keep hoping that somehow peoples' stories and their symptoms on this forum will demonstrate that I don't have Parkinsons' but something totally simple to fix.  Like maybe I actually have a doughnut deficiency and all this will clear up if I eat more doughnuts.  Instead, all I read are stories exactly like mine.  [Still not going to give up the fantasy of escaping, and will keep looking a key.]

1 person likes this

BigRingGrinder,

The doughnut deficiency sounds good for me. I kept thinking mine could be something else. I insisted they test me for everything I could think of or read about. No such luck for me but I hope you have better luck.  

I might have to check that doughnut theory out at least once a week. :lol:

I seem to clench my teeth lately. Drives me crazy.