helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
pdmanaz

tensing of muscles

miracleseeker, this is not only about length. This is about flooding. Linda still doesn't understand that her posts are very annoying. She is sure that when someone tryes to stop her it is personally. 

Looks like nobody can stop her... ?

• Like 2

>>Perhaps you do that with other posts in which you are not interested?

I do skip your threads. But this thread was open by someone who already argued with you. Why do you post in his thread? He asked a very specific question- do you really believe that it is a right place to talk about what you felt last Monday?

This forum changed since you started flooding. What you do is very annoing. And very unpolite.

• Like 2

To find out the background so that you can gain an understanding, please check your PMs.  I certainly understand what are saying and would feel the same way without a little history.  pdmanaz knows exactly what I mean.

We don't need to get into a discussion about this.  What I sent you is just FYI, and we can leave it there.  My apologies for disrupting the thread.

Edited by Linda Garren

Linda, I do understand the history, but except for pdmanaz there are others  ..

I hope we both learned the lesson . Sorry for being sharp .

Have a good day )

Edited by Natasha Kogan

Why can't Linda post what she wants?  If anyone doesn't like her posts, they can simply ignore them.  Easy!

• Like 5

Patriot, maybe you can ignore my posts. Should i start talking about my faith in witches and how much they help me understand and give support for my PD. What if my religion is anti Christ and i start preaching against his teachings as my religion dictates, where does it stop.

I simply do not want religion as part of my dialog. You care so much for Mrs Garrens rights, where are mine?

• Like 1

Morning

I agree with Patriot anybody can write what they want and it is up to us if we want to read it. Pdmanaz you can write about anything your heart desires and if I want to read it I will.

Bard

• Like 6

pdmanaz, I've removed my post from here in an attempt to keep the peace. 

I hope you will afford me the same courtesy when I start a new thread on Christianity for those of us who find comfort and support from our belief in Christ and from sharing with each other.  It will not be a thread for contention nor argument but will certainly be open to those who may have questions and are interested in learning and who respectfully want to participate in that way.  They would be more than welcome.

There are many on the Forum who had taken part in and miss the thread that was closed down, and I look forward to offering a new one for contributions, insights, and support of each other as fellow PWPs.

Edited by Linda Garren

PatriotM and bard

Why ? I see at least 2 reasons 

Imagine a group of people discussing spme topic and then someone else comes up and starts talking on a completely different topic. I do not know how to talk in such conditions. It is difficult to ignore the person who climbed into the conversation and is trying to take him aside.

In addition, the topic of religion is provocative enough. Pd answer with a speech about antichrist, I can insert a couple of posts about the Communist Party or about Jewish mitzvot (for your choice), someone else will glorify spirits. Certainly, each of us has the right to talk about what he wants but as a result there will be a big dump.

Edited by Natasha Kogan
  • Like 3

Оr let's make it simple : if something prevents some of the participants of conversation, it is better not to do it.
As far as I remember, Linda already had her thread and it was shut down because some people wrote  provocative posts and then there was a big squabble. If I'm not mistaken and this is what happened, then why repeat the story to the exact opposite?

• Like 1

Natasha, dear person, who I hope will become my friend, let me speak as clearly as I can and as openly as I see I need to be to help you understand this.  You probably won't like that it's more lengthy than you prefer, but for clarity, I don't see how it can be avoided.  So take a deep breath :-),  join arms with me and take a little walk to relax and learn.  If anything is still not clear, I hope you'll keep asking questions.  It's fine. 

The purpose of the thread is as almost a sanctuary for fellow believers in Christ and for people who are not believers but are interested and have questions.  There will be a clear statement up front that the thread will not be for argument or for rants or for anything that disrupts it, like pdmanaz and Roger did for way too long, which I found a mistake for wanting to give them a chance. That will not happen again.  I would approach Administration and ask that they be banned in short order.  Administration is very familiar with both of these men and others who have a history of being disruptive and have been banned before, some several times...over and over...even though they come back and do the same thing, only to be banned again...

Further:

Nothing will prevent anyone from reading anything on the thread, just like any other thread in the Forum.

In order to prevent the thread being open to any and all beliefs and religions, which would quickly cause chaos, it will clearly be created as stated above in the second paragraph.

People of other beliefs are just as free to start a separate thread on their own beliefs if they wish to.

Following is some very basic information and comments, just FYI:

As Christians we believe in ultimate truth, rather than relative truth.  We believe this because Jesus Christ said when He was on earth, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me."  What He said is either true or not true.  Christians have taken the step to believe what He said, based on faith.  There is abundant evidence, which I hope I and others in the thread can share early on for non-Christians' better understanding of why we believe in Him.  pdmanaz and others have asked in the past why we believe what we do and what proof is there for it.  I pray that they will take what we explain to them as a reply and explanation rather than accusing us of proselytizing.

Christianity must seem very foreign to those who have grown up in what has become in the last few generations basically a post-Christian country here in the U.S., without any exposure to Christianity or to church of any kind, really.  I've seen that many decide what they believe based on what they hear others say who take a humanistic approach to what they believe:  that anyone can believe anything they want.  While it's true that they can, it doesn't seem to matter if their beliefs directly contradict each other.  It seems more a philosophy and outlook on life for each person rather than a religion.  Would you agree with that?  If I've misconstrued or misunderstood any of this, please don't hesitate to let me know.  These are my perceptions from what I've heard said, and from questioning and reading for better understanding of where many are coming from now.  My sense is that even in your country and others, this is/has been the trend.  Yes, no?

So that's it for now.  That wasn't so bad a walk together, was it?  :-)   Thanks for sticking with me, if you were able to, in my attempt to explain.

Take care, Natasha.

Linda

Edited by Linda Garren

To whom it may concern

I’m 71yo and I was raised going to church and continued mostly through my adult life. Over my life time I’ve see the results of religion on cultures as well as individuals all in the name of some god whether it be the Christian God or whatever. The history of religion as I see it is one of control, deceit, death and destruction.

Cultures have been decimated because Christian know better than everyone else how they should think, live and believe. It’s not enough for Christians to believe what they choose but seem bent on sharing that message regardless of the outcome and often in spite of the outcome.

I have seen too many times in church the concerted effort of mass hysteria and brain washing all in the name of God. I see most Christians as bigots and racist with absolutely no understanding of human rights, human nature and the right to be human and simply left alone.

Blue laws have existed in many states because Christians wanted to control what everyone else does and when and how they do it.

The world and all its religions continue to fight for dominance because every religion feels they are the only one and true religion that represents the true God.

If you were born in the Middle East you would more than likely be a Muslim, if in India a Hindu or Buddhist or Sikh. You will be the religion of your culture and they believe just as strongly as you regarding their God or Gods.

How old is the earth? 6000 to 15000 years old according to your Bible? Do you believe that? Where is your mind on Evolution vs Creationism?   Can any intelligent being on this earth think the world is only a few thousand years old? Or, even humanity is only a few thousand years old?

How about Noah’s Ark? How many animal species existed at that time and how many could they get on the boat? Think about all the living creatures that are still being discovered today or haven’t even been discovered yet.

Absurd the things modern and intelligent people will believe. Do you pick and choose your scripture to suit the moment or situation? Do you just ignore the parts of the Bible you disagree with or don’t understand?

Religion is very dangerous as witnessed even up to today. I’m not going to argue any points but simply stating why I want no religion in any of my discussions on this forum.  I am a free man to think and believe as I wish – I do not need a book of instruction to make my life valuable. I have children that love me and I love them.

Sin or original sin???? What is that “an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.” Nothing but a definition of something against Gods mandate.  Gods law was very much different in the Old testament than it is now. I have never and will never believe in SIN. We as humans make mistakes in judgement or action but to me that is a mistake.  

I do not know if a God exists or not but I can say if he is accurately represented by todays religions I want no part of it.

Ms Garren, a threat to have me banned? Again - who are you to exercise such power? I do not need this forum to survive or be human or happy or have a meaningful life.

• Like 4

Do you notice your day goes better if you spend about 15 min stretching out the morning stiffness?  I think it helps.   Some mornings, I have to wait fro my C/L to kick in before I can move around first