helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

noah    66

My doc wants me to try trazone to help me sleep.  Nothing else has worked.  Anyone have any experience with this

Pathfinder    65

Hubby uses Trazadone with excellent results, no unpleasant lingering sleepiness upon awakening. He tried so many sleep drugs before settling on this one. Good luck! 

Edited by Pathfinder

Gardener    194

Noah,

I started taking 50mg of Trazadone about 2 weeks ago.  I'm now sleeping 7-8 hours a night.  No side effects so far.  I can't believe how much better I feel during the day. After months of 3-4 hours of sleep and sometimes less, I can't believe the difference.  I hope it works for you!  Gardener

noah    66

oh my gosh I cant remember the last time I slept 7-8 hrs!

I pray it works as well for me!

Gardener    194

Noah,

For me, it started working on day 3.  I have to be careful not to take it too early as it starts to make me drowsy after 30 minutes or so. 

Gardener

afroney    124
2 hours ago, noah said:

How long did it take for it go kick in?

It was pretty immediate for me.  20-30 minutes. 

I had success with Trazadone for years, then it stopped working well.  It will help me fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

Gardener    194

I posted earlier that I was having good results with sleep taking 50mg of Trazadone at night.   Unfortunately, it didn't last so I have been increased to 100mg which has worked that past two nights.  Hopefully I'll find a dose that works for awhile.  Just wanted folks to know that it might take some experimentation.  Gardener

Beau's Mom    1,060

I take 150 mg of Trazadone every night. I started at 50 mg in 1995. 15 years before my PD diagnosis.; it has been increased twice since then. I hope it works for you.

Dianne

noah    66

I had actually tried Doxipin first and that didnt help. i tried the trazadone. and i actually felt worse.  It didnt help me fall asleep and i was more tired the next day than I was on the Doxipin. I just felt worse.  I only took it for 6 days so maybe that wasnt long enough.  I went back to the doxipin b/c I needed it for its anti anxiety qualities .

I am going to the doctors thursday so we will see what she says.  I need something I feel like a zombie   

Gardener    194

Noah,

I didn't have any side effects with the 50mg dose and no lingering sleepiness the next morning.  The dose was too low however and didn't work after a couple of weeks so it was increased to 100mg.  I am a little groggy upon waking but I'll gladly trade that for a good night's sleep.  I hope you find a solution soon.  Gardener

DaveN    428

Noah,

I've been taking Trazodone for 7+ years.  I take a 100mg every night.  I take the it around 9:00pm but don't go to bed until around 11.  During those two hours I relax and basically let my day settle down.  Once I hit the pillow, I'm out within 5 minutes.  If I take it just before bed, it takes 30 to 60 minutes before I feel its effects.

Regards.

Dave

pdmanaz    49

Do not use trazodone if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine.

DaveN    428

I take rasgiline (azilect) and trazodone on a daily basis.  Check with your doctor if you are concerned.

afroney    124
On 06/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, noah said:

What are using if it stopped working 

Clonazepam, Melatonin, a hot bath before bed, and a high dose of Sinemet CR and Baclofen.