helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
NeverGiveUp

New Diagnosis-YOPD-Ropinirole er

Hello,

This is my first post.  I have enjoyed reading and educating myself on here.  I was just diganosed in May 2017.  I year ago I was diagnosed with Hypo Aldosertonism (rare Kydney disease).  For the longest time, I blamed my symptoms on that but my levels were good.  I was sent to a nuerologist and after several clinical test and an adnormal Dat scan I was diagnosed with YOPD at 43. I am on Ropinorole extended release, started me out with 2mg for a week, then 4 for a week, now 6 for this week.  and 8mg next week.  Is this an average dose? what should I expect?  My symptoms are:  extreme fatique, inconsistent tremor in right hand, slowness on right side, and I also shake upper body-(more on right side) when Yawning, I get extremely sore all over and especially in neck and back.  I jerk and shake all night long about every 45 sec or so, resulting in no sleep.  I guess what I am trying to ask is what do I look for?  Medicene has helped sleep and shakiness some but still have symptoms come and go.  Is all of this normal?   thanks for you time...Stu 

Have you talked about adding C/L or Amantadine with your doctor?  Are you seeing a MDS?  I am taking both of those I mentioned.  I have a mixture of meds ans supplements that I use.  I don't think there is any "average" in YOPD, but there is a limit to your med.   I think it is 8mg, but I am not entirely sure.  Amantadine helps with the dyskinesia and some shakiness.

I didn't find much relief with Requip or Mirapex.  For me, Sinemet is way more effective with far fewer side effects.

• Like 1

You may want to post in the ask the pharmacist forum...it's very helpful. Welcome to the forum. 

Good luck!