• Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    

Hand tremor when nervous, anyone else?

On 7/12/2017 at 9:32 AM, Lonnise said:

DH has a card he can carry in his wallet that says "I'm not drunk, I have Parkinson's".  Intended to be useful when driving in the event he does get pulled over which does indeed increase the tremors along with other activities.  Probably wise to keep a copy of the medical diagnosis in the car too though since I don't know how convincing the card would be to an officer.

When we are entertaining at home and the tremors, "slows" and/or clognition appear we like to joke that "he doesn't have PD he's drunk".  We all laugh and then remember the great lyrics from Jimmy Buffett's song "Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

Peace and smiles.

Love it

When I am doing yoga, when I am working out, when I am getting changed to go somewhere, when I am meeting new people, whenever I experience the slightest bit of stress, My right hand goes nuts.  I attempt to hide it...however it is clear to most, that something is weird with me.