helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
New normal

Bucket list BEGINS!

24 posts in this topic

After weeks of challenges, we are finally on the road.

IMG_0098.webp

Edited by New normal
2 people like this

So how can i load a pic, i tried sending it as an emial to,get in url mode...didnt work, suggestions?  

42 minutes ago, New normal said:

So how can i load a pic, i tried sending it as an emial to,get in url mode...didnt work, suggestions?  

The only way I know is to post it to a flicker acct and copy the URL that way 

LAD

Thought I had a solution, but it won't hold.

Edited by BigRingGrinder

-PAXP-deijE.gifPosted a picture to a "Status Update" a couple of weeks ago by using the Insert Other Media button and a URL to a Facebook page.  (I have no idea where the "Status Updates" go.) 

Got the Insert Other Media button it to work once tonight in this regular forum post, but accidentally deleted the picture and now can't do it again.-PAXP-deijE.gif

Edited by BigRingGrinder
spelling

I give up on computers.  I dragged this picture from Facebook into the "Insert Other Media," "Insert From URL" button.  Didn't work by copying and pasting the URL into the insert URL box, only by dragging and dropping the picture.  Totally confusing. 

Oh, and have fun with that Bucket List, New Normal and husband.

1 person likes this

I am usually successful in this by clicking on the video itself and copying the URL and then just pasting it directly into the post you want it to show up in. Then you can open it in the post.  Has worked well for me.  Let me know if anyone tried this and it works.

Edited by Linda Garren

The Flickr app is pretty user friendly. I upload, post & copy URL from option on the bottom of the app after you select your photo

good luck on the bucket list.... I'm working on mine too! 

Edited by LAD

Hi guys!  I really apprecate the effort to get pics.  I wanted to share our trip thru pics.  Linda, i did that..get pic to url..then it wd open..no luck. Maybe admin can help. Thanks Grinder for trying.

In SW it was 120 when we left..we are in Idaho...absolutely beautiful blue skies, green trees, and white foamy rivers.  Being from NW, I love the vibrant contrast in colors.   It is stunning compared to the desert we now live near. Seems like I am home.

so far this has been a perfect trip.  We chose to use our 1990 converted van..and yep, it is still the same experience....Heater and frig aren't working..we are huddled together to keep warm.....wouldn't want it any other way!  I was lucky to get a reservation in RV park usually packed during summer..but only 2 nights..so we will have a great adventure when we leave ...trying to find a home on 4th of July!

we were exhausted after packing to leave...we slept 2.5 days in hotel.  Then we felt prepared to continue...reality strikes...regardless of effort, just can't do as we have before....so we will adapt.  We will travel and camp about 2 days, then find s bed and sleep 2 days.  Better than not doing at all. I prepared .. we have 10 days reserved in Montana...10 days reserved on Vancouver Island...so we wont be traveling all the time and can rest.

it kinda looks like neuro may be correct in MSA dx.  Symptoms are progressing fast.  Ya wouldn't know it with my writing...but being able to take time in texting makes it possible.  Cog issues are worst..  Short term memory is a lot harder to deal with than I ever imagined.  I am SO grateful for my humor...just can't write a script so funny as what I do or say.  DH finds no humor in my scattered thoughts..I can see pain in his eyes when I am off the planet.. I think I know rigidity, spasicity, and dystonia now...they can all be in the same place at the same time.  Quite an experience to analyze .. which I've stopped doing...there is no logic to PD...regardless, one cant predict or prepare...I am concentrating on present time consciouness...saving energy for important things.

i cannot emphasize enough ...retire early..scale down..remove stress and obligations...and love the ones you love. Now.

I am grateful DH & I have had a full life together. My heart aches for young YPWP...we will only know the "why" after we pass....to use energy on finding answers to questions that cannot be answered is wasting time...assets are nothing ...relationships are everything.  I cannot justify why I have been so blessed...I can only pray for those less fortunate.

in the morning we'll try to ride big blue around the lake..."try" is operative word..little sleep tonight...but after all, for PWP, "try" is our world, right?  

Hope erveryone discovers their peace and purpose.  Thanks for letting me submit a "long" post.  (Smile)

NN

BTW..took over 90 minutes to write this...but enjoyed sharing.

Edited by New normal
3 people like this

Sounds like a great trip.  I especially like your technique for working around Parkinson's with the conversion van and rest stops.  Spit in Parkinson's eye and LIVE, explore, dream, discover.  Even if it is only for a few hours at a time. 

Got to look into getting me one of those vans, now.  A rolling bed and rest stop.  Pure genius.

3 people like this

NN you are an inspiration to us all to keep going and find the joy in each day. Safe journey- we will look for your posts. Twitch

1 person likes this

NN, have a wonderful time.  You've got a great attitude. Am so glad you and your DH are getting to take this trip. 

I think most of us understand how it can take a few days to recover from most things that take a lot out of our dwindling energy reserves.  You've planned and worked out a good strategy for a very successful and enjoyable trip.  We'll look forward to hearing from you now and then, and seeing any pictures you take along your journey.  We love you, and pray for you and your DH.

Edited by Linda Garren

Bust that bucket!!

Edited by LAD
1 person likes this

So today was a kicker!  I am the eternal optimist. With the prevailing wind against any lodging anywhere, I was able to get a lttle cabin on the lake for a week!  For those who dislike long posts, I'll skip details.  I am a firm believer in concepting.."anyone who can conceive and believe, wiill achieve."  So on our bucket list...was a cabin on a lake, a small town 4th of July parade (which goes directly in front of our cabin), waterfront for kayaking, and quiet roads to ride big blue...BAM !  All in one pkg!! 🤗

I concepted so HARD to have a bed to sleep in...our little van was great when I could curl up like a snail next to DH...not so now...hmmmm, restless leg X 2...acting out  x 1...frequent bathroom breaks x 2...etc...etc....WAY more than we could do...so we are especially grateful to have more space. We start tommorrow.

Grinder, these van conversions are great...started by Canadian company...called Roadtrek.  They sell for nearly $70,000.  We got ours from my mom with low mileage...but it is sooo great to have potty, bed, and a cold drink within hands reach.  We spent the day at a national park lakeside...and seldom left the van...we were tired...but reading a book while seeing the water, sky, and trees ....protected from bugs and sunburn......it was all good.  

Actually, to sound corny, I think of the forum each day...we are grateful, and recognize not everyone has this opportunity...I am sharing to prove that even with the darkest clouds ahead, we can still exercise a degree of control of our lives.  As I have said, quite honestly, DH & I were wasting most of our time inert...resting all day...just existing.  Our bucket list forced us to move again...and tho we can't do as much, we see the world is moving...families are at picnics...teens are on jet skiis...and it motivates us to want to immerse in nature's bounty...feel wind, smell newly cut hay... or decipher images in clouds together...

it ain't been easy...but so worth it. 😎

NN

3 people like this

Awesome & inspiring! Keep kicking PD down! 

NN - 1

PD - 0

LAD

2 people like this

Once again, you inspire me, NN.  You go girl!!!  :D

1 person likes this

Lad...a truly lol...DH lol as well....its nice to have support and not feel we bothering people.

i've amended bucket list..instead of seeing a small town July 4th parade...I want to be IN a small town parade...so we signed  up. Organizers liked our idea....only to learn all towns combine...this is one of the largest in the area...can't back out...Amazon is sending me USA and POW flags, balloons, and garland to dress up big blue, with candy to throw to little ones.  We've decided DH will ride behind...since people smile when we pass...wish us luck...(smile)

Here's wishing you all a safe and fun July 4th.

NN

PS to bikers...First/second,gear on Harley in hot weather for a couple of,hours.....hmmm, we may need to reconsider, ya think?

Edited by New normal
2 people like this

New normal-. Hope you are having many "PD? What PD? " moments! 

LAD

35515148752_361f0bd435_b.jpg

1 person likes this